Author Topic: This double hit business  (Read 16593 times)

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
Re: This double hit business
« Reply #300 on: January 13, 2013, 06:47:57 am »
+1
No, it is true if you are holding your shield up. You have to raise it and lower it and that slows things down slightly. If you aren't holding it up, yes, it is the same amount of time. But then you aren't blocking with it. When you don't have a shield it is faster to go from swing to block to swing again.

At least that's my recent experience.

It's just your eyes playing tricks on you. Tap back and forth between your RMB and LMB really fast and you'll see what I mean. The block animation instantly cancels out as soon as you swing.

Also, the shield animation has nothing to do with when you're actively blocking. Some shields block before the animation is finished and some block after the animation is finished. It all depends on the shield speed.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 13, 2013, 08:53:55 am »
No, it is true if you are holding your shield up. You have to raise it and lower it and that slows things down slightly. If you aren't holding it up, yes, it is the same amount of time. But then you aren't blocking with it. When you don't have a shield it is faster to go from swing to block to swing again.

At least that's my recent experience.

Why you shouldn't be posting about game mechanics and balance, you literally don't know what you are talking about and are making shit up
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #302 on: January 13, 2013, 08:59:54 am »
+7
Why you shouldn't be posting about game mechanics and balance, you literally don't know what you are talking about and are making shit up

Look who is talking...

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #303 on: January 13, 2013, 10:19:02 am »
+1
This simply isn't true. It is faster to use a 1 hander without the shield than it is to use the shield because you have to lower your shield before swinging (if your shield is down it is the same, but then you wouldn't be blocking either).
I've played a fair amount of 1h, both with and without a shield. As best I can tell, there doesn't appear to be a difference in attack speed when using one. If there is a difference, it's very subtle.

Offline Piok

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 13, 2013, 10:31:45 am »
There is not so many people which are capable of reliable blocking against 1h weapon. Problem is that many of them are wearing higher tier armor and specially helmet which is the most useful part of armor against 1h spammer cause 80% of 1h attack ends on head with no effort.
Blocking pole or 2h is much more easier because 90% of them are slower then slowest 1h and their animation is more readable.
From my view of light armored guy hoplites are dealing to me very same damage as 2h Kuyak heroes (dieing in 2 hits) which is weird cause as I said I am lightly armored.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 10:47:25 am by Piok »

Offline Uumdi

• Duke
  • Renown: 651
  • Infamy: 59
  • Ready to Die
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Uumdi_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Uumdi
« Reply #305 on: January 15, 2013, 04:24:38 pm »
+1
Late on this discussion, but about the new suggested turnspeed formula.  Awesome idea, glad to see them implement it.  Could I ask about the 2 directional polearms though?  The English Bill's getting kicked down to mauler levels with the weight penalty, coming out to a 5.4 turnspeed value.  The swiss, lighter and quicker, is still 6.72, which isn't much different than now, but can we see a little love on these guys?  They're big, sure, but they're still somewhat graceful weapons in trained hands.

Give us a side swing with shitty pierce, or be able to donk with the shaft like a warspear; even toning down the thrust stun would help us out.  Most people specced out of the 2D polearms after the initial turnspeed nerf, but I've adjusted and am willing to adjust again simply because I love the weapons - but they were working and functional.  Overheads are the swiss and bill's saving grace, since the thrust stun usually backfires with lethal consequence.

Let me know how you guys feel about it.  I haven't played on EU1, but am excited for the changes.  I have no idea what the double hitting is, but I heard about potential crushthrough changes too.

Ten shots of prayers, ten shots a day
A shot of thrill to hide the pain.
They can`t win, they just don`t cry,
The troopers know they live to die.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #306 on: January 15, 2013, 07:03:57 pm »
+1
Formular will be obsolete anyway when turn rate becomes an item attribute. Then we'll hire Keshian as a RNG to fill in the stats and we are good to go.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 15, 2013, 07:22:12 pm »
maybe rebalance weight in the light of turnspeed patch ? but adding swings would be a huge buff to a pretty long stabby weapon!

Offline Sable Keech

• Earl
  • Renown: 300
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I know a good rye when I see one
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Keech
« Reply #308 on: January 15, 2013, 08:03:36 pm »
+1
This thread should die now.
(click to show/hide)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #309 on: January 15, 2013, 09:56:58 pm »
This thread should die now.

Lock it then :P (bottom right of the screen)
 - Stolen from Macropussy