Author Topic: This double hit business  (Read 17543 times)

Offline Shik

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Gilmore Girls
Re: This double hit business
« Reply #180 on: January 10, 2013, 11:16:32 pm »
+5
Its an accidental feature deemed to have potential testing value. Generally the goal is to give at least a week before conclusions are reached. Personally I don't care for it, but who knows, it might have some merit.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #181 on: January 10, 2013, 11:24:23 pm »
i like this thing. There will be no more infinite spam .
If you like to spam and bump slash be prepared for some consequences. This will also affect lancers a lot. 

(click to show/hide)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #182 on: January 10, 2013, 11:24:55 pm »
+1
Welcome to NA1 Osiris, we will enjoy using you for practice  :mrgreen:

Also I agree with Rohypnol's post. 

You guys CAN show a little class while disagreeing with a gameplay implementation.  Note your issues, and move along.  Don't gotta talk shit about devs who are trying to do positive things with a game we all love.

I've disagreed with quite a few changes, I state my peace and move on.  I get why the dev's get a little pissy about people shitting on their ideas.  And I've been in the other boat too, getting trolled by dev's who didn't like me criticisms and I didn't handle it very well, but at the end of the day they're doing what they think is best, and if it turns out to be a bad thing, they'll remove it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #183 on: January 10, 2013, 11:31:38 pm »
+1
This happens all the time when a cav lands a killing blow on me. I know they hit first, and I know I'm dead, but i can hear the slash as I hit them/their horse. Haven't gotten any post-mortem kills, though.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 60
  • Infamy: 2259
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 10, 2013, 11:41:43 pm »
+2
Its an accidental feature deemed to have potential testing value. Generally the goal is to give at least a week before conclusions are reached. Personally I don't care for it, but who knows, it might have some merit.

How about you increase lance attack radius as next "accidental" feature so we can do some "live" testing? Or maybe wider radius for one handed overhead? Why you never "accedentaly" implement something this community ask for?

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #185 on: January 10, 2013, 11:56:54 pm »
+4
The most interesting fact is that you and like hundreds of other Einsteins who keep saying things like "screw realism" & "balance > realism" keep playing this exact game precisely because its as close to realistic medieval combat simulation as it gets. Yes, its engine is limited (is it Taleworlds fault that none of these "Indies" could do any better during the last 2-3 years and they all think they can do it on their own, without taking the best of Warband and expanding/improving it but they rather make completely new pieces of crap) and there is tons of things in this game you could question (which will hopefully get "fixed" with this new project that you're all so eager about) but its the best there is atm: no elves, no magic, no fantasy bullshit in its core. Try denying that fact and I'll (without a shred of remorse) call every single one of you a moron, which you undoubtedly will turn out to be. Just saying.  :wink:

Yes i like it because it has fun combat and no fantasy shit. but you cannot use the realism argument for hits hitting after the guy has died when you cannot attack and block with a shield at the same time. Lancing is in no way realistic when i cant block with my shield and i cant kill an archer with one hit to the head. sure its a little more realistic then most games but balance is always more important

ps dont forget realism would kill every katana using agi my old friend and most of the other weapons in the game too, we would all use plate and poleaxe/blunt weapons or ride on horseback with a lance!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 12:04:01 am by Osiris »
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2991
  • Infamy: 289
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 11, 2013, 12:12:46 am »
+2
cmp, I would to inform you that you actually buffed us who hold attacks forever :P

Before, if I don't release my held attack on time it would be wasted effort. Now, thanks to recent change my attack always go through. It's a shame I didn't use training lessons to make that 42/3 build. Combined with chambered attacks, that could be machine of doom.

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #187 on: January 11, 2013, 04:11:58 am »
+9
The most interesting fact is that you and like hundreds of other Einsteins who keep saying things like "screw realism" & "balance > realism" keep playing this exact game precisely because its as close to realistic medieval combat simulation as it gets. Yes, its engine is limited (is it Taleworlds fault that none of these "Indies" could do any better during the last 2-3 years and they all think they can do it on their own, without taking the best of Warband and expanding/improving it but they rather make completely new pieces of crap) and there is tons of things in this game you could question (which will hopefully get "fixed" with this new project that you're all so eager about) but its the best there is atm: no elves, no magic, no fantasy bullshit in its core. Try denying that fact and I'll (without a shred of remorse) call every single one of you a moron, which you undoubtedly will turn out to be. Just saying.  :wink:
I play the game for the melee mechanics. Personally I could not care less if we are wielding swords and bows or light sabers and laser guns. At any rate, Warband is about as much of a simulation as Ace Combat is.

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
« Reply #188 on: January 11, 2013, 06:33:52 am »
+1
an other ninja patch from devs
no comunication
somethime i think they take us for sheeps

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #189 on: January 11, 2013, 06:36:53 am »
an other ninja patch from devs
no comunication
somethime i think they take us for sheeps

As opposed to, what? Are you the shepherd? Are you the wolf? Sheep is best you can hope for. We're already guinea pigs.

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
« Reply #190 on: January 11, 2013, 07:15:57 am »
7h00
nobody on crpg, 2 day ago before this double hit shit
we were 20 ppl on eu1

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #191 on: January 11, 2013, 08:46:26 am »
Personally I could not care less if we are wielding swords and bows or light sabers and laser guns.

Riveting tale chap, with one small detail you forgot to mention: I don't think even you believe in the pile of crap that you just wrote. If we were fantasy/futuristic weapons instead of current ones none of us would be playing it for more then a month.  Yes, some of the current weapons/situations might be called fantasy but its due to limitations/Fasader/Urist/Shik and not because it was intended. :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #192 on: January 11, 2013, 08:49:12 am »
+3
Riveting tale chap, with one small detail you forgot to mention: I don't think even you believe in the pile of crap that you just wrote
I played SWJK:JA (which was also quite popular for a long time) for ages before I got into Warband. Medieval, futuristic, modern day, or stick figures - I don't care. The setting is just window dressing for the mechanics.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 08:53:36 am by Vodner »

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #193 on: January 11, 2013, 08:57:25 am »
+1
I played SWJK:JA (which was also quite popular for a long time) for ages before I got into Warband. Medieval, futuristic, modern day, or stick figures - I don't care. The setting is just window dressing for the mechanics.

Good for ya, lad. Maybe now would be a good time to return to that awesome game as things around here are starting to look bad for you realism haters: they're trying to implement some inertia and shit like that, would you believe it.  :shock:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Zaar

• Knight
  • Renown: 51
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Wait! I, Uryens, will try.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Prpavi Fan Club :P
  • Game nicks: Zaar, Zaaraza
« Reply #194 on: January 11, 2013, 09:12:08 am »
..no magic, no fantasy bullshit in its core...

Don't dis the magic, bro  :twisted: :mrgreen:
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery;
none but ourselves can free our mind"