Author Topic: Ranged gime cRPG back plz :/  (Read 7960 times)

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
Re: Ranged gime cRPG back plz :/
« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2013, 05:06:19 pm »
+1
Try telling dood that throwing lances are useless and weak.....1 lance and he takes id say about 90% of people down who are not in tincan stuff. Plus throwing lances are fast, spammable and seem to have a small polestun still.

He does not have a melee weapon either, and they are probably pretty expensive. Throwing is not op.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline pingpong

• Earl
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2013, 05:46:17 pm »

However we will nerf ranged further. Afaik after the end of WSE2 beta and with the installation of the WSE2 clientside endlösung, we plan to add wind(with a fixed vector per map or round) to the game that deviates the path from projectiles significantly, making aiming more skillbased.
Byebye horserarsers, byebye horsexbows! Not gonna miss you!

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #107 on: January 01, 2013, 07:08:40 pm »
+1
However we will nerf ranged further. Afaik after the end of WSE2 beta and with the installation of the WSE2 clientside endlösung, we plan to add wind(with a fixed vector per map or round) to the game that deviates the path from projectiles significantly, making aiming more skillbased.

If you truly intend to make it skill based, will you be reducing the reticule for valid high wpf builds and increasing hold time before it springs out again?

P.S. - This is only going to make the archers grouping up on EU (and now NA) even worse. You are going to force them to have to volley. Melee won't be happy and will demand more nerfs. Melee isn't asking to force more teamwork, that's not why they are mad. They are mad because they want to solo their way around a battlefield.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 07:13:56 pm by Rumblood »
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2013, 07:31:00 pm »
At least in my model I'd leave out throwers from this effect because of their high projectile weight. When not doing so, their low projectile speed would make the wind influence too big.

Presumably this is a tweak thats being implemented by one of the other devs though right?

Rumblood, all people ask for is that ranged is less than point & click. Its too shallow for a game with all the other stuff going on with other classes. Hopefully this tweak will mean people have to judge distance a bit more, if it makes the shot veer off more depending on how far away you shoot. Sounds like it might make ranged more interesting to play

I want to be shot by ranged and think "damn, nice shot!". Most of the time its easy one sided point & click against slow targets, or random headshots
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #109 on: January 01, 2013, 07:53:13 pm »
+1
Try telling dood that throwing lances are useless and weak.....1 lance and he takes id say about 90% of people down who are not in tincan stuff. Plus throwing lances are fast, spammable and seem to have a small polestun still.

Lances are also so innaccurate that I've missed afk people from a meter away. Actually hitting anything with them is just as much luck as good aim and I only get 4 of them. On the melee side of things, MW throwing lances do a couple of points more damage than a MW shortened spear and are otherwise identical, hardly overpowered. You and saxon mentioned that polestun thing yesterday, I'm still not sure what you mean by that, do you mean the time it takes to recover after being hit? Cause I highly doubt there's any difference in that between the throwing lances and any other blunt polearm. It's just the speed that lets me use it properly, the same way a staff or a shortened spear can.

And lastly: If throwing lances are so OP, find me one other player that can do the stuff I do with 'em, especially in melee.

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2013, 07:57:38 pm »
I'm not saying throwing is OP hell if anything its a tiny bit UP all I'm saying is throwing right now is ok.....ish not overly strong but not overly weak. And with the polestun I mean when you side swing my guy stumbles back barely a yard and I'm unable to block and have to wait/hope you miss the next attack or back up.
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #111 on: January 01, 2013, 08:19:16 pm »
I want to be shot by ranged and think "damn, nice shot!". Most of the time its easy one sided point & click against slow targets, or random headshots

And you will be lying to yourself. Cone of Fire = randomness. CoF + wind does not = nice shot. It equals nice random hit pointed in my general direction.  :rolleyes:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2013, 08:32:07 pm »
+2
Rumblood, all people ask for is that ranged is less than point & click. Its too shallow for a game with all the other stuff going on with other classes.

If you try out archery you'll notice that it's actually click, point & release, with extreme concentration taking into account reticule size, reticule timing, arrow drop, nº of arrows, enemy movement, and still keeping an eye at what's going on around you.
That kind of talk is shallow indeed.

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #113 on: January 01, 2013, 10:38:59 pm »
I'm glad the devs are trying to do things to make the game more challenging and fresh, but adding wind to nerf ranged is a really fucking retarded approach.
Ranged is fine as it is. The vast majority of archers really are not devastating.
I've played archery with a ton of builds as a main for two years, and the only way I can attain enough accuracy to hit a target at a medium distance even 75% of the time is by allocating ALL wpf into archery and using something like a tatar bow.
A number of archers have started using the Bow, and they're sacrificing a massive chunk of damage for that increased accuracy. That should indicate archery is already totally fine where it is when people are trying to balance out their builds to their most effective play-style-
You can sacrifice damage for accuracy, accuracy for damage, or take a very balanced, medium damage and accuracy build.
If anything, increase accuracy significantly and then implement wind.

Edit: Or like others suggested, increase projectile speed as well. I can throw arrows faster and harder than I can shoot them, yet I'm required to use a bow anyway. Kinda gimp.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 11:04:16 pm by Jeade »

Offline Warborn304

• Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 139
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Saint_George_Zimmerman
« Reply #114 on: January 01, 2013, 10:44:52 pm »
+1
If you try out archery you'll notice that it's actually click, point & release, with extreme concentration taking into account reticule size, reticule timing, arrow drop, nº of arrows, enemy movement, and still keeping an eye at what's going on around you.
That kind of talk is shallow indeed.

Yes, I really don't think that adding wind will make it more skill based at all. It would definitely make it luck based. The best possible scenario is that the wind ONLY affects the cone of fire and even then if you are "accurate" the wind will deviate said shot, thus more than likely making you miss.

Imagine what that is going to do to horse archery... I realize that every one hates HA, but it needs to be viable. This would practically destroy an entire class, even more than what it is now. As of how HA stands I feel like the only thing HA's can do is try to assist in killing horses for lancers to pick up the kill.  Anything else and I'm not accurate enough or I wouldn't have enough damage.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 11:02:06 pm by Warborn304 »

Offline Belatu

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 111
  • what
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Belatucadros
« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2013, 12:03:45 am »
wind for archery with a wind direction and strenght indicator (like for golf games) could be very funny for me and I support that :idea:

My fridge is my shield

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2013, 12:16:29 am »
I'm glad the devs are trying to do things to make the game more challenging and fresh, but adding wind to nerf ranged is a really fucking retarded approach.
Ranged is fine as it is. The vast majority of archers really are not devastating.
I've played archery with a ton of builds as a main for two years, and the only way I can attain enough accuracy to hit a target at a medium distance even 75% of the time is by allocating ALL wpf into archery and using something like a tatar bow.
A number of archers have started using the Bow, and they're sacrificing a massive chunk of damage for that increased accuracy. That should indicate archery is already totally fine where it is when people are trying to balance out their builds to their most effective play-style-
You can sacrifice damage for accuracy, accuracy for damage, or take a very balanced, medium damage and accuracy build.
If anything, increase accuracy significantly and then implement wind.

Edit: Or like others suggested, increase projectile speed as well. I can throw arrows faster and harder than I can shoot them, yet I'm required to use a bow anyway. Kinda gimp.

The difficulty of the inputs required from the player is independent from the RNG in the shot. I'd support a shit ton of extra accuracy in terms of eliminating RNG IF there was depth to the actual shooting mechanics. So make archery more accurate sure, just make it so theres a ton of player skill involved in landing shots + if it wasn't so spammable and with random headshots
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 12:20:34 am by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2013, 05:16:54 am »
come show me on EU1 mister God, please
God plays on NA1.

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #118 on: January 02, 2013, 11:06:18 am »
You'll need to increace archery accuracy (especially for HA) to make it really skill based, not random shooting with that wind.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #119 on: January 02, 2013, 11:10:55 am »
You'll need to increace archery accuracy (especially for HA) to make it really skill based, not random shooting with that wind.
...and he is a shielder himself. Just saying  :wink:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.