Author Topic: Ranged gime cRPG back plz :/  (Read 7949 times)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: Ranged gime cRPG back plz :/
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2013, 12:12:35 pm »
Infantry are the round decider of this mod. Along with cav, who mostly profit from ignorance of other players, they are the most powerful factor in this game. In comparison ranged is on an all time low in terms of significance towards the outcome of a round.

However we will nerf ranged further. Afaik after the end of WSE2 beta and with the installation of the WSE2 clientside endlösung, we plan to add wind(with a fixed vector per map or round) to the game that deviates the path from projectiles significantly, making aiming more skillbased.
Will this affect throwers too?
We're already pretty screwed. 7PT, need easy at least 3 throwing spears to get medium armor down. Considering the randomness of throwing... pff. Show us some love!
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2013, 12:14:36 pm »

However we will nerf ranged further. Afaik after the end of WSE2 beta and with the installation of the WSE2 clientside endlösung, we plan to add wind(with a fixed vector per map or round) to the game that deviates the path from projectiles significantly, making aiming more skillbased.

I love that wind thing but dont nerf anything moar please it makes every class disgusting :(

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2013, 12:14:56 pm »
Infantry are the round decider of this mod. Along with cav, who mostly profit from ignorance of other players, they are the most powerful factor in this game. In comparison ranged is on an all time low in terms of significance towards the outcome of a round.

You will make archery more skill based thats cool, you call it a nerf i think its long overdue, but will you buff dmg or projectile speed because of it?
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #93 on: January 01, 2013, 12:16:17 pm »
At least in my model I'd leave out throwers from this effect because of their high projectile weight. When not doing so, their low projectile speed would make the wind influence too big.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2013, 12:16:36 pm »
We're already pretty screwed. 7PT, need easy at least 3 throwing spears to get medium armor down. Considering the randomness of throwing... pff. Show us some love!

LoL be quiet about throwing its OP as fuck font make em look into it they gonna nerf the shit out od it
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2013, 12:20:58 pm »
Dont nerf ranged just make them run slower! :D

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2013, 12:53:17 pm »
+2

LoL be quiet about throwing its OP as fuck font make em look into it they gonna nerf the shit out od it
Yea, right. I invest 7 points in PT, need at least 3 hits to take down a medium guy with a high upkeep, often repairs itself, weapon.

You put 7 points in PS, grab your MW Flamberge and kill everything around with max 2 hits.

Yea, throwing is totally OP. Slow-motion projectile speed which is easily dodged, I need to get in melee range to up my chances to even hit somebody and then see a tincan walk away with all my ammo in his legs, arms and "neck". Totally OP...  :rolleyes:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 01, 2013, 12:58:06 pm »

Your conclusions about round effectiveness for ranged are pretty inaccurate. I'd rather have one Bagge (or other skilled ranged guy) sometimes than a group of melee players. These guys rape at range and then when it comes down to melee can carry on kicking ass. But more skill based aiming can only be a good thing so +1

You have to consider the fun of the people playing too. Ranged is only fun for the ranged guys..melee is fun for both combatants as its an ongoing pvp fight between 2 or more players. Ranged is one sided mostly and point & click style fps mechanics. These guys can still do well when it comes to melee, especially crossbowers. Theres a guy with 150+ ping on EU1 who consistently clutches rounds as a crossbower. He'll be pewpewing all round then finish off in melee
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 01:21:20 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 01, 2013, 01:14:55 pm »
Yea, right. I invest 7 points in PT, need at least 3 hits to take down a medium guy with a high upkeep, often repairs itself, weapon.

You put 7 points in PS, grab your MW Flamberge and kill everything around with max 2 hits.

Yea, throwing is totally OP. Slow-motion projectile speed which is easily dodged, I need to get in melee range to up my chances to even hit somebody and then see a tincan walk away with all my ammo in his legs, arms and "neck". Totally OP...  :rolleyes:

You're comparing something like melee that you can 100% negate damage with in a pvp fight, with something like throwing which can do damage at short range (just outside melee range) with 1 or 2 hit kills that relys 100% on the throwers skill and RNG. Theres only so much you can do with dodging especially at that range, and if you get in melee range then the actual pvp starts and the thrower can pull out a 2 hander.

Melee wpf is pretty worthless after a point..100 throwing wpf (or more) isn't going to stop you have all the melee wpf you need, and 3 or 4 points in throwing isn't going to stop your build being nearly pure melee based. Most of them wear plenty of armour. Pure throwers can still do fine in melee since its player skill based and everyone can negate 100% of melee damage
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 01, 2013, 01:32:18 pm »
+2

dunno m8 u must be doing something wrong then, i played pure thrower 2 gens ago 21/18 build with 7PT all wpf in throwing and regular Heavy Throwing Axes and i could 2/3 hit most of the guys (except the str tincans).

I found it to be most relaxing but quite OP, risks are minimal, rewards are huge and you need no skill what so ever.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2013, 04:22:29 pm »
I think Archery is balanced just fine as it is now. The weight increase killed most of the lame counter strike kiting shit that took place imho that was what made archery OP an terrible broken  :P.

An lol at the ones saying Throwing is OP...

I think its the amount of archers that pisses people off.. But i cant blame most people goin Archery since inf melee combat have been slowed down and nerfed so much that people find archery more fast paced an exciting..

Hell... i even went thrower just to spice things up a bit..  :P
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 04:27:36 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline slimpyman

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2013, 04:54:39 pm »
dude, youre not the only one who gets shot... You should carry an xbow to counter. quit being babies.

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2013, 04:55:11 pm »
plz giev it back crpgay to poogar. he sad
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2013, 05:01:10 pm »

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2013, 05:03:46 pm »

Try telling dood that throwing lances are useless and weak.....1 lance and he takes id say about 90% of people down who are not in tincan stuff. Plus throwing lances are fast, spammable and seem to have a small polestun still.
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.