Author Topic: Current Archery Nerfs  (Read 4997 times)

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
Re: Current Archery Nerfs
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2012, 12:48:42 pm »
+1
IMO at present best archer builds are with 5 or 6 pd (depends what bow you like) and it's better to be more accurate and a bit faster, than have a little bit more dmg.

I still think archery is over-nerfed

Over-nerfed, probably, but I'm still able to be almost on the top of scoreboard and kill many enemies. Try to get accostumed to it, it's not so hard...
Archer forever :D

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2012, 02:38:01 pm »
+1
All old Archers do still well so its fine.

Offline agweber

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Beware the Coming of the Great White Handkerchief
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
  • Game nicks: Armentia, Ranged
  • IRC nick: agweber
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2012, 04:58:23 pm »
...and extremely unvariable.

How many different viable archery builds are there that can top the scoreboard?

Offline ObiWanKejoshi

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kejoshi, ObiWanKejoshi, Speedy_Kejoshi
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2012, 09:27:01 pm »
Other than the standard 18/21 build, i actually like 21/18 with 4 PS 7 PD 6 Ath/WM and 150 Archery WPF, 50 1H WPF (55 1H WPF and 7 PS on lvl 31). I'm currently using that build with a Rus bow, 1 stack of Bodkins and any 1H weapon. It's pretty nice since most people don't expect an archer to actually hit hard with melee weapons. Obvious drawbacks are the slightly reduced accuracy and the reduced amount of arrows you can carry.
I don't really top the scoreboard with this build, but I'm frequently in the upper third.

I've also tried 30/9 with 10 PD 7 PS 3 Ath/WM and 130 Archery WPF with my STF char, but haven't played it enough decide if it's viable for more than a few rounds. One thing i did notice though is the reduced draw speed.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2012, 10:51:23 pm »

No.

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2012, 01:02:11 am »
No.
I dont even see you playing atm  :D

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2012, 11:04:06 am »
How many different viable archery builds are there that can top the scoreboard?

For archer it's really hard to top scoreboard with current pointing system. Easist way to get to top is beeing a shielder or cav (imo especially 1h+shield), but I topped before I make a retirement :)

I'm not one of the best c-rpg archers, so almost every archer can be deadly when he will think a bit :P

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2013, 05:54:07 pm »
Can someone sumarize the latest archery changes?
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Adamar

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2013, 06:14:32 pm »
Slower movement speed and slightly slower arrows, I think.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2013, 07:46:09 pm »
Can someone sumarize the latest archery changes?
Archery was made slightly less gay.  :)
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline bigsean

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Idlewild, BigSean, Tacabro
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2013, 11:41:31 pm »
A high AGI archer is less viable now, more than 3 points in ath won't help much unless you drop your bow and run. Best to have a high STR archer, more damage but you sacrifice some accuracy. I think increasing arrow weight is just a bandaid fix, it completely crushes pure archers and even if this is intended (which is dumb), you have a bunch of people with heirloomed longbows and rusbows who are forced to rework their gear and attributes with no free respec. I also think the weakest arrows weighing the most is the dumbest thing ever. I used to choose tatar vs bodkin based on the general armor of players in the server, if I wanted to target horses or archers, etc. Now it's just bodkins all day er' day since they weigh the least.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2013, 02:33:35 am »
+1
I think increasing arrow weight is just a bandaid fix, it completely crushes pure archers and even if this is intended (which is dumb), you have a bunch of people with heirloomed longbows and rusbows who are forced to rework their gear and attributes with no free respec.

I can't agree with you. Pure archers are still deadly, with my bulit from lvl 28. Higher lvl is better, but it's normal. Good archers like Arrowblood, Nebun, Bagge, Blackbow, JohanE (or whathever to write it, sorry, if i make a mistake), Tiborur, some other good archers and even me have no problem to kill lot's of ppl.

Only thing to do is change your playstyle a bit. No more kitting, so you have to put more attention on positioning yourself, not going wildly with melee. Just think more about what are you going to do...

Offline Adamar

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2013, 05:05:36 am »
I can't agree with you. Pure archers are still deadly, with my bulit from lvl 28. Higher lvl is better, but it's normal. Good archers like Arrowblood, Nebun, Bagge, Blackbow, JohanE (or whathever to write it, sorry, if i make a mistake), Tiborur, some other good archers and even me have no problem to kill lot's of ppl.

Only thing to do is change your playstyle a bit. No more kitting, so you have to put more attention on positioning yourself, not going wildly with melee. Just think more about what are you going to do...

...also, if you're the kind of archer who wears armor, drop it, or you'll be the slowest crap in game. And it's now higly unlikely that anyone new will stick to the class. GJ chadz.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2013, 06:47:36 am »
Yes, you only benefit from up to Power Draw 10 (if you are using the difficulty 6 bows, less if not). But due to the wpf curve, 15 power draw has LESS of a penalty than 10 powerdraw does. So you have the same damage but less wpf penalty.

But with 3 agi you are kinda fucked if a cav looks at you wrong.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2013, 01:03:35 pm »
...also, if you're the kind of archer who wears armor, drop it, or you'll be the slowest crap in game. And it's now higly unlikely that anyone new will stick to the class. GJ chadz.

I am wearing armor with total weigth at border of wpf penalty wich is 10. That's true that I'm slow like turtle and I can't run out from almost anyone with 5 ath (maybe from some str cruschers). If you still want to be an archer you have to get accostumed to it like other archers do.
I can add only one to this sentecnce: good archers.

Maybe you just fougth that you were good and only thing wich lets you to own ppl were kitting?

Lots players GTXted from beeing an archer because of this nerf and change their profession. You want to be almost unreachable from melee - go HA or more gay HX or just get accostumed to changes like after every patch archers have to, because olmost every one is nerfing archery in some way.