Poll

Was the turn rate nerf good or bad for the game?

Good
76 (29.9%)
Bad
178 (70.1%)

Total Members Voted: 252

Voting closed: December 18, 2012, 07:08:46 pm

Author Topic: Turn rate nerf good or bad for the game in general?  (Read 9877 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1635
  • Infamy: 1529
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Turn rate nerf good or bad for the game in general?
« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2012, 01:27:45 am »
Well, I'm a known "silly". Guess you know that already :wink:

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 13, 2012, 05:48:33 am »
+4
*2h stabs are OP even with the nerf, they basically behave like an old awlpike now except with more lightsabering
*overheads are shit and only really worth using on short 1h
*hoplites are still pretty good because the ashwood pike is crazy good

i have spoken
FREE ALLERS

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2012, 09:57:14 am »
FIX IT CMP! FIX IT!
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline Pentecost

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 13, 2012, 11:47:04 am »
+1
*hoplites are still pretty good because the ashwood pike is crazy good

People say the Ashwood is the ideal choice, but looking around a bit makes me doubt that. Although there are a lot of players who do alright with it, I don't see many of the people who are good/outstanding at the playstyle on NA using it over other weapons; Malaclypse and Sherben like the Red Tassel Spear, Beeper uses a War Spear, Chestaclese uses a Battle Fork, and Zan uses a Light Lance.

There might be some other considerations governing their choice of weapons besides minmaxing though.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 13, 2012, 12:24:57 pm »
People say the Ashwood is the ideal choice, but looking around a bit makes me doubt that. Although there are a lot of players who do alright with it, I don't see many of the people who are good/outstanding at the playstyle on NA using it over other weapons; Malaclypse and Sherben like the Red Tassel Spear, Beeper uses a War Spear, Chestaclese uses a Battle Fork, and Zan uses a Light Lance.

There might be some other considerations governing their choice of weapons besides minmaxing though.
Ashwood pike is like a longspear with a shield = OP

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 13, 2012, 01:00:53 pm »
+1
Ashwood pike is like a longspear with a shield = OP
Longspear or whatever Teeth uses in strat battles is OP, nerf it pls  :rolleyes:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 13, 2012, 01:03:34 pm »
+1
Real pros use crossbows!

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #112 on: December 13, 2012, 02:35:35 pm »
So, basically:
- 2h stabs are pretty much unaffected and still overpowered
- 2h stabs are now useless
- hoplites are not viable anymore
- hoplites weren't hit that hard

How am i supposed to take you guys seriously?

Well, you gather server statistics, right? I'm sure you'll find that stabby 2hers still most likely do more damage than any other weapon type, and hoplites are still mostly a novelty that aren't exactly tearing up the battlefield (not to say there aren't good hoplites, but I still fear the random STF greatsword scrub more than the best hoplites).

I'd prefer you balance based on server stats than on forum whining. If all the kills are coming from a particular weapon type, then chances are that weapon type needs to be adjusted (preferably by balancing the animation sweetspot etc, not the weapon stats). If no one is getting kills with say stabby 1Hs, then the 1h thrust animation sweetspot/hitbox probably needs to be improved, etc.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 02:41:47 pm by Phew »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #113 on: December 13, 2012, 04:22:07 pm »
+1
Bad overall, im a hoplite and 1v1's are even harder now that before, also turnspeed makes me glance very often. Hitting earlier in polethrust animation was a bad fix too, it also make me glance more but str builds get insta hits all over the place. Both should IMO be removed, I dont know why hitting early animation was added, if it was suppose to be a buff to hoplites or something but i only find it glitchy and ruining all my feints. Turnspeed just makes the game less enjoyable, i know 2h spinstabbing ballerinas were kind of annoying, but I didnt really mind it too much, it makes duels more interesting. And spinning longspear/pikemen were never a problem for me, downblock still works wonders.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #114 on: December 13, 2012, 05:43:09 pm »

I think the ashwood is the best dedicated hoplite weapon, but the war spear/red tassel are better if you want the option as both a hoplite and a 4D weapon.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 13, 2012, 05:55:34 pm »
I think it is important not to be unmindful that, contrary to what is sometimes argued here, overhead correction of hitbox and/or whatever else has happened has definitely worked, same with stab, though still problematic, so it's not only the turn rate nerf that has made overheads a lot less useful; it's also that they are much more precise now (though still acting strange at times, this is M&B afterall).

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 13, 2012, 06:00:57 pm »
turn rate nerf made 1h overhead, and 1h stab, absolutely worthless, whilst making 2h and the stab from several polearms literally instant (as in unchamberable) ...

pre nerf someone with a greatsword tries to stab you = chamber, now it's literally impossible
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #117 on: December 13, 2012, 06:03:49 pm »
+1
turn rate nerf made 1h overhead, and 1h stab, absolutely worthless, whilst making 2h and the stab from several polearms literally instant (as in unchamberable) ...

pre nerf someone with a greatsword tries to stab you = chamber, now it's literally impossible

I am a little skeptical of you saying that you easily chamber helicopter lolstabs.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 13, 2012, 06:09:16 pm »
+2
I am a little skeptical of you saying that you easily chamber helicopter lolstabs.

Honestly I feel the same way as our beloved cow about this. I had troubles chamberblocking turning stabs and overheads but I completely lost the timing since the turn nerf, so now I can't chamberblock any stab consistently at all. I don't really use that often either so... whatever.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #119 on: December 13, 2012, 06:09:25 pm »
+1

Didn't you want chambering removed anyway?
Biggest issue for me now is that if I chamber a 2h with a 1h I'll glance off the plate stacker and he'll onehit me with a sideswing/another stab.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.