Poll

Keep this program or not?

Make it open source or announce it if you use it
Unfair Remove it
Keep it as is
http://forum.meleegaming.com/strategus-general-discussion/cheating-or-no/msg670358/#msg670358

Author Topic: Cheating or No?  (Read 11689 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Cheating or No?
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2012, 09:41:25 am »
+3
*sigh* how long is strategus now here with us? 2+ years. How long do you think strat 2.0 is already ready to go (more or less)? How long do you think others have already done similar things which they didn't share? How many changes had been done and changed again in all that time? Why are you so mad about something where the sources are open, the devs and admins knew about, only you weren't able to test it for a while?

Within the first 1 to 1 1/2 months of the development you couldn't see jack shit with the addon. Still the automatic updates for firefox doesn't work, so most people have outdated versions which are not compatible with the current database. If you would care to test this first before you just give us your ramdom thoughts i could concider taking you serrious, but you aren't even in the system yet so get a key from your faction leader and test it.

First off, because others supposedly did it, it makes it ok for you to do it as well? As far as I know, revenge TK is bannable as well.

I'm not mad, I'm just accusing you of cheating, because you used a third party software that provided you with an advantage over your enemies, while you didn't provide this to everyone else as well. So you did have an advantage (even if a slight one) over those who didn't (supposedly) have such software, by using third party shit. Even if by some fucking weird miracle not condemned by the devs.

But you so conveniently made it public now that it was exposed anyway and 3/4 of the UIF quit strat.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2012, 10:06:26 am »
+3
First of, if you always compare apples with oranges then your math is off.
Secondly i offered that tool to Nords, like 2 weeks ago and also stated then to them that i was including more and more factions into it, also enemies. Did i loose track of that, sure. Evil intent no.
Thirdly accuse me of whatever you want and believe whatever you want with your supperior morality, i was open about this tool and i am offering a service and i have taken in two more factions and i expect more over the next days and weeks. Did you use eyecandy script? How many of the palyers don't regularly use this forum and mist out on the eyecandy script? Wouldn't that make it a cheat too according to your logic? Now it is part of strategus.

Conveniently it is not, as i would have preferred if i would have had more time to provide a better product, but what do you think i should have done instead after Thovex starting to whine? Just keep silent about it and get even more shit postings, no i choose to clarify and inform and get into discussions like this here, nothing i really enjoy too much, i have better things to do.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2012, 10:12:03 am »
+2
First of, if you always compare apples with oranges then your math is off.
Secondly i offered that tool to Nords, like 2 weeks ago and also stated then to them that i was including more and more factions into it, also enemies. Did i loose track of that, sure. Evil intent no.
Thirdly accuse me of whatever you want and believe whatever you want with your supperior morality, i was open about this tool and i am offering a service and i have taken in two more factions and i expect more over the next days and weeks. Did you use eyecandy script? How many of the palyers don't regularly use this forum and mist out on the eyecandy script? Wouldn't that make it a cheat too according to your logic? Now it is part of strategus.

Conveniently it is not, as i would have preferred if i would have had more time to provide a better product, but what do you think i should have done instead after Thovex starting to whine? Just keep silent about it and get even more shit postings, no i choose to clarify and inform and get into discussions like this here, nothing i really enjoy too much, i have better things to do.

Eyecandy script was made public to everyone. I didn't see a single announcement for your shit on the cRPG forums. Not a word said. Only a select few knew about it. You were open about this tool? Good excuse. Offering it to one enemy clan and to a shitload of your allies.

Yes, you were very open.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2012, 10:28:05 am »
+2
Yes, you were very open.
chadz, Meow, Thomas & Harald were informed.
While there are different opinions about it, i got the go to continue for the development.
Now it is like 3 months since we started, 2 months since admins/devs were informed and then 2 weeks ago Nords as first enemy faction whereby i gave my word to them and others that i will include more evenly others factions too over time and in the end it would be made public for all... now it was made public not by me but by Thovex(Okin 2) who informed you and used it to paint a different picture. Outcome, several people think of conspiracies, others are already asking for keys and liking the concepts and idears, so the development will continue.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2012, 10:37:37 am »
Thanks for taking the initiative to make it public in the first place. :lol:
...cough...

But now, thank you for actually making it public for real.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2012, 11:04:31 am »
+1
Third party software is not mechanics provided by the game itself, thus cheating.

Get out of TeamSpeak then, it is third party and probably the most advantageous piece of third-party software you could ever use for this game.  :wink:

EDIT:
Yes yes I get what you are trying to say shaddup Iwuzmakin a jokk
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 11:11:55 am by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2012, 11:10:08 am »
+2

Get out of TeamSpeak then, it is third party and probably the most advantageous piece of third-party software you could ever use for this game.  :wink:

And everyone knows about it and is free to use it. This thing was kept private. Dumb logic right here, either way.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2012, 11:12:43 am »
And everyone knows about it and is free to use it. This thing was kept private. Dumb logic right here, either way.

I should have added more winky faces, psh psh psh
(click to show/hide)
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2012, 11:13:43 am »
+2
Cheating or No?

Pff, simple.

until chadz makes a decision, use of this tool was allowed.

Offline Gingerpussy

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 224
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Gingerpussy
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2012, 11:38:41 am »
I thin Noc says it very good in a thread he wasnt supposed to post in but il copy paste it here:

Here summary of Thovex :

Cries about prime times, but when other clans were getting gangbanged at xmas he cheers for UIF
Benefits from cheaters in two rounds, then accuses others by cheating for beta testing with the approval of admins
Calls people pricks for not giving peace time, act like a prick when he was offered peace at very start
Tells people to suck leaders dick, while he couldn't run three fiefs and joined another clan under someone else's leadership

1. The devs Admins and chadz himself didnt call this cheat-
2. We know for a fact that scripts have been used by Union and DRZ while we where more or less friendly with them ( they sent us buy scripts and so on basically a third party program as well)
3. nords got invited, they dropping the BOMB on my thread because they felt my thread was a threat.

Clearly anyone can see that this was not a attempt to cheat or get a advantage but test out something that all might be using.
The Greys quiting due to this is so ludicrous that i cant stop rolling on the floor laughing my throat dry.

the Nords using this as a exit as well.

When we all know this is due to there trade is STOPED in strat with our (Hre Peace Mercs Deserters) 17000 men troops walking into occiatan and bashi territory's.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2012, 11:44:29 am »

All this witch hunt is doing imo is potentially putting Guika off from doing any further work on a program that was always intended for the Devs to add to cRPG for everybody.  Not to mention putting others off from creating things like this. 

If this had been in existence for a year with no further work being carried out, only Wolves and their allies with access and no Dev knowledge of it then i could understand people being unhappy. 

But in reality it has been around for just over a month, was passed to the devs within a few days of being created, is still unfinished with various bits that do nothing, has been shared with an enemy clan of the Wolves for the last 2 weeks and has had little to no uptake in the clans that were given access due to its limited usefulness and the potential security issues of using greasemonkey.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2012, 11:51:15 am »
Then again there was no reason to not mention it to the public and make this whole matter a bit less suspicious. Even if approved by devs, I use my own eyes to look on things. This thing gives you an advantage. Doesn't matter small or great advantage, it's still an advantage. Doesn't matter how long it has been in use, every day or week counts in Strategus. Fact is you (or rather, the Wolves) kept it silent to others.

Also if it was only intended for the devs as of now, why is it shared almost exclusively amongst eastern UIF ?

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2012, 11:58:10 am »
+1
Eyecandy script was made public to everyone. I didn't see a single announcement for your shit on the cRPG forums. Not a word said. Only a select few knew about it. You were open about this tool? Good excuse. Offering it to one enemy clan and to a shitload of your allies.

I made my script public after using (and improving) it several times. So I used it before anyone else was using it. I admit as a cheater now too  :rolleyes:
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2012, 12:00:13 pm »
I made my script public after using (and improving) it several times. So I used it before anyone else was using it. I admit as a cheater now too  :rolleyes:

Was it shared to all your allies before everyone else though? Of course the developer is going to see it before everyone else. Let's not be dumb here. Not to mention the eye candy thing is mostly visuals and not a direct advantage to your entire faction.

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2012, 12:05:11 pm »
Then again there was no reason to not mention it to the public and make this whole matter a bit less suspicious. Even if approved by devs, I use my own eyes to look on things. This thing gives you an advantage. Doesn't matter small or great advantage, it's still an advantage. Doesn't matter how long it has been in use, every day or week counts in Strategus. Fact is you (or rather, the Wolves) kept it silent to others.

Also if it was only intended for the devs as of now, why is it shared almost exclusively amongst eastern UIF ?

When you start a script you don't share it with everyone if its not even near working yet.. I haven't seen the thing myself yet, but it seems completely useless for the moment because it doesn't work yet. Nords also have acces to this i think, and devs gave it a go to continue developing it... If you remove the "i want drama part" for a moment, is there a problem here?

None of the factions has had an advantage of this tool before, no one has advantage of it right now (since it doesn't work yet), and its not limited to 1 alliance...