Author Topic: EU_1 is dying  (Read 23695 times)

Offline Tuetensuppe

• Event Manager
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tuetensuppe Tojtensoup_throwing_spoons Merc_cry_me_a_soup
Re: EU_1 is dying
« Reply #255 on: December 01, 2012, 03:57:00 pm »

I remember that Fallen organised lots of tournaments in pass. Now theres Strat and no more tournament why? I think a big rageball tournament can bring some action/fun  :P No-clan based everyone can create his own team/roster etc etc... Maybe a reward for the winner.

http://forum.meleegaming.com/events/tuetens-tournament!/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Gnjus
yes thats the problem, no more nice clans, everyone acts like theyre the real thing but all are just greedy backstabbing arrogant sons of bitches

Offline Rhaegar

• Earl
  • Renown: 350
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: Nord_Rhaegar
« Reply #256 on: December 01, 2012, 04:50:37 pm »
cRPG only exists for two years and 4 months. Besides, dwindling player numbers are a cold hard fact. I think it is time to concentrate the community by removing some servers.

so genius,practically only play on two servers in europe e1 e2, two different ways siege battle, we want to remove one of them? or play lan in your home?

(to clarify since you're so stubborn, 3 years is a way of saying the mod has had many ups and downs over time)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1184
  • Infamy: 577
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 01, 2012, 05:18:16 pm »
Rhaegar, how about you come online to see for yourself what state cRPG is in currently?

I've been away from this game for 4 months and during those four months not a single bug has been fixed. EU4 is still night time all the time and that's only playable battle server atm.

Only worse thing than this is database reset along with servers being reseted. That would bring us back to early stages of cRPG development once again...
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 05:22:11 pm by Leshma »

Offline Iymore

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 104
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balamir
« Reply #258 on: December 01, 2012, 05:22:28 pm »
At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square.

Offline Rhaegar

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 01, 2012, 05:32:04 pm »
+1
Rhaegar, how about you come online to see for yourself what state cRPG is in currently?

I've been away from this game for 4 months and during those four months not a single bug has been fixed. EU4 is still night time all the time and that's only playable battle server atm.

Only worse thing than this is database reset along with servers being reseted. That would bring us back to early stages of cRPG development once again...

you're right,I do not deny the problem,I never write in the forum and if I do it is because I see that the situation is serious and I really love this mod,in the end it all depends on whether chadz and his team will still want to keep alive their creation

Offline aykans90

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • IN-Game Nickname: Echo_Ghazi
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ghazis
  • Game nicks: Echo_Ghazi
« Reply #260 on: December 01, 2012, 05:37:57 pm »
For last 2 days, my ping increased very much. I usually play with 80-90 ping on EU servers but for 2 days i always have 110-130. I don't have any ping problem in other games, just cRPG. And EU1 and EU2 not shown on the server list anymore. What's happening to cRPG ?

Is cRPG coming to end with world ?

21.12.2012 getting closer...............

Offline Rhaegar

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 01, 2012, 05:46:24 pm »
+3
For last 2 days, my ping increased very much. I usually play with 80-90 ping on EU servers but for 2 days i always have 110-130. I don't have any ping problem in other games, just cRPG. And EU1 and EU2 not shown on the server list anymore. What's happening to cRPG ?

Is cRPG coming to end with world ?

21.12.2012 getting closer...............

lol maybe it is God who calls us to go and enjoy life away from the CRPG for these our last days  :twisted:

Offline bavvoz

• Earl
  • Renown: 323
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bavvo
« Reply #262 on: December 01, 2012, 07:33:26 pm »
Ofc the mod is not dying! Even if the playerbase have decreased its still very solid

Offline sjarken

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Sjarken
  • IRC nick: Sjarken
« Reply #263 on: December 01, 2012, 07:38:41 pm »
I just want The Great August Patch. In my opinion the main problem is the slow levelsystem and the frustrating multipler.
There should also be more ways to play your character (overhead attacks for hoplites or a buff for halfswording).

Great August patch.....
Where is it! Any update on this devs?

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #264 on: December 01, 2012, 08:36:37 pm »
3 words for EU 1 atm: laggy. as. fuck.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 632
  • Infamy: 2107
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 01, 2012, 08:38:23 pm »
At least its working, that's something. Maybe they are updating something. Hope so.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 01, 2012, 09:34:24 pm »
so genius,practically only play on two servers in europe e1 e2, two different ways siege battle, we want to remove one of them?
Nope, there are 6 servers for EU only, I would like to see EU_4 removed for starters.

(to clarify since you're so stubborn, 3 years is a way of saying the mod has had many ups and downs over time)
Afaik, 3 years is a way of saying 3 years. As far as player numbers go, this is not a simple 'down', this is a steadily lowering amount of players. The total amount of EU has been significantly lower than the 250 there used to be during primetime. Which I don't mind, I like a small community, as long as it is not spread out over 6 servers.

Offline Rhaegar

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 01, 2012, 09:57:01 pm »
Nope, there are 6 servers for EU only, I would like to see EU_4 removed for starters.
Afaik, 3 years is a way of saying 3 years. As far as player numbers go, this is not a simple 'down', this is a steadily lowering amount of players. The total amount of EU has been significantly lower than the 250 there used to be during primetime. Which I don't mind, I like a small community, as long as it is not spread out over 6 servers.

omg,ok I'll give you this information with no relevance in this discussion  I play since july 26, 2010, said this eliminate server does not seem a solution, change the game mode could be;second question I think there is no simulator battagle medieval best CRPG  then people will come back to play for this.I hope I was more clear I have nothing to say

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 01, 2012, 11:16:59 pm »
Pej got it right, a dev team that plays is a dev team that knows their mod. I would argue that there are a lot of people who know more about crpg than its creators, which isnt too good.

Fix server crashes, fix the map rotation and maybe find new candidates for the balance team. Think of it as Stalin's Muffin's 5 year plan...  :)

Fixing those smaller things make a bigger impact than BIG NEW HARDCORE CHANGES that some people are asking for, because Ive played this mod since the very start. I got 1500 hours playtime and Im still not bored, and considering I never played a game for more than 10 hours before, that aint half bad.

Think about it devs.

Quoting because this is probably the crux of the issue atm. Ideally the balance team should consist of people who are very active and who can see the game from different sides. Theres a conflict of interest if the game is balanced by people who either don't play, or play one specific role.
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #269 on: December 01, 2012, 11:23:34 pm »
Any reason for this besides you being sadistic and wanting more people to endure the horrid clanstacked 10+GK/Byz/SomethingElse teams?
If any of the two battle servers should be removed it's 1.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.