Author Topic: EU_1 is dying  (Read 23693 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: EU_1 is dying
« Reply #285 on: December 02, 2012, 02:40:04 pm »
teeth, you are really onto some odd argumentation there. Having to learn to play? Are you serious?

Also you say they are exactly the same type of servers, yet different types of players play there. Isn't that different enough, besides other maps?

By erasing EU_4 you would certainly do more harm than anything. And you want them lone noob wolves who can't deal with teamplay on EU_1? What if they don't learn to your satisfaction? I think you don't mean it in that sense, but still, removing EU_4 to force more players into EU_1 is a terrible idea.
When I say that they are the same type of servers I mean exactly that the servers are the same, not the players. The servers are different because EU_4 has different set of players indeed.

The reason I hear for people not playing on EU_1 but instead of EU_4 is because they don't like infantry gank squads with pikes, it is mentioned repeatedly in this very thread. That is exactly what teamplay is in this game, so the people that are on EU_4 can't deal with teamplay. That is a fact if the reason stated by Osiris is correct. So because they don't like fighting against teamplaying teams they join a different server where they can be heroes on their own. EU_4 is the noob server and you know it.

Not noobs in bad as invidivuals, but noobs as in bad at teamplaying. Besides, EU_4 is a bigger server than EU_1 lately. If EU_4 would be removed (or EU_1, it is the same server anyway) they would be forced to play with the rest of the community, who happen to be able to teamplay and fight in groups. For most of them that would probably mean that they would learn to as well.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #286 on: December 02, 2012, 02:43:21 pm »
+1
so because they like to play the game in a different style to you that means they now need to be forced to fight your pike and team mates just so you have more people to kill? Lets also get rid of rage ball and dtv because they are noobs who don't enjoy teamwork against a mob of infantry or dodging lances and arrows!. Have you noticed that having a byz mob of 10-15 people running around doesn't make most of eu1 jump for joy and start shouting epic teamwork this is so much fun :D

also i personally mostly play eu1 :P but if eu4 was removed i doubt you will see players like byrdi etc jump in to eu1 with enthusiasm more likely they will quit or duel/siege only.
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2939
  • Infamy: 2744
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 02, 2012, 02:44:02 pm »
You too are bad at teamplay if you're not on TS with bunch of clannies. You can't expect of random folks to show high levels of teamplay.

Being lone wolf myself, I have to say I've never had issues with EU1.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #288 on: December 02, 2012, 02:47:02 pm »
+2
I like the occasional game on EU_4, it reminds me of the early days of crpg when the community was small and everyone "knew" each other well, at least insofar as playstyle, appearance and even personality. It's not like there isn't an overlap between people playing EU1 and 4, there is only a very small minority of EU4 afficionados that rarely if ever play EU1.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 02, 2012, 02:56:36 pm »
so because they like to play the game in a different style to you that means they now need to be forced to fight your pike and team mates just so you have more people to kill?
The game is what the game is. If I would like to play the game in a style that involves a flying carpet and a boomstick, that doesn't mean that it should be possible. Just answer me this, do you really want 2 seperate small communities of like 30 players each, instead of one big one?

You really don't want the pikesquads to switch over to EU_4 with polestagger if EU_1 dies. So you EU_4 guys should really help keep EU_1 alive for your own good.  :wink:

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #290 on: December 02, 2012, 03:04:37 pm »
+3
eu1 had many more players than 30 before the dc started. Shutting eu4 will not populate eu1 to any great extent. And playing the game with a more casual style is possible untill you shut eu4.

i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 02, 2012, 03:21:27 pm »
+6
I quit EU_1 in favor of EU_2 for the following reasons :

• My cristal ball told me cav would be nerfed to oblivion, and it did.
  • I always had the feeling to be at lot slower (read some sort of input lag) than everybody else on EU_1, and for no apparent reason (this is with a 18/18 build).
  • For the above reason, cav slowly became unplayable for me.
  • In the past I could manage 2-3 enemies in battle by myself, not anymore. Yet that's what I like doing and I keep trying and failing (in battle mode).
  • I dislike having to wait while I play the game, either because I wait for the initial clusterfuck/campfest to end, either because I'm dead.
  • I don't like having to kill the whole enemy team, because I don't like to chase ranged.
  • I don't remember why I hybridized in throwing exactly, but anyway its much better suited for siege.
  • I often don't play for a very long time, yet that's what it takes to get a decent average multi on EU_1 (waiting to get on the clanstack side and milk it for as long as possible).
  • Siege lets me have a greater influence on the outcome of the round than battle, despite a sometimes greater number of players.
  • I'm not part of a big clan with voiceconf anymore, and I want to play casually.

Call me a noob if you want, no matter what I am, I will try to play what resembles my ideal cRPG experience the most.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 02, 2012, 03:38:22 pm »
(click to show/hide)
The discussion was about EU_4 and EU_1, which are similar as far as server setup goes and why EU_4 should continue to exist if player numbers dwindle. Ofcourse EU_2 is a different matter and I get that there are players that prefer siege over battle.

Offline Pejlaen

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pejlaen
« Reply #293 on: December 02, 2012, 03:44:18 pm »
+2
People need to seriously stop telling others how to play the game, and look to themselves instead. How fucking hard can it be to grasp that everyone can't be best, everyone doesnt prefer the same things as you do, lobbying for things around you to change doesnt make you a great player.
skilled individuals, putting them together can create a very deadly and effective team.

The bow, it represents, that a skilled archer can pick a mighty man at arms off from a distance.

Offline Kenda

• Baron
  • Renown: 115
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 02, 2012, 05:02:33 pm »
IT'S ALIVE, More Double XP!
Trollers hear me, i rek you all motherfuckers in real life. You think you can troll me like this behind your screen foking nerd asses? I m gonna find you and ban your ass myseld.

I m watching you

Offline Iymore

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 104
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balamir
« Reply #295 on: December 02, 2012, 05:17:50 pm »
180 PLAYERS IN EU1 WOW

Offline Doppel