Author Topic: EU_1 is dying  (Read 23648 times)

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: EU_1 is dying
« Reply #270 on: December 01, 2012, 11:24:50 pm »
+4
I've been away from this game for 4 months and during those four months not a single bug has been fixed. EU4 is still night time all the time and that's only playable battle server atm.

if nighttime is an issue turn HDR on and check whatever the first of those checkboxes is, you'll get movie nighttime where it's just as bright as day, except blue

edit: also i don't think theres' anything wrong with strat as a concept, i like strat and strat battles for the most part, however strat's main issue is that it tries to be a browser game, except it's a browser game you have to babysit for over an hour if you're trying to do something. nobody likes sitting on the strat map waiting for X to happen so they can do Y.

also having a bunch of mechanics (i still don't know what reinforce time actually is, or how horses/goods/troops/crates interplay) with weird rules (eg put gear into a city when it gets attacked but then sit around for a couple hours watching to see if a page updates from battle to raid so you can pull most, but not all of the gear out) that aren't documented anywhere is awful

re: balance, i've been saying forever that the balance team needs to have people who actually play this game on it, the turnspeed nerf still being in game is a total validation of that

edit 2: MAKE EVENTS A TOP LEVEL FORUM i made an interest check thread for a 2v2 tourney that got ~40 posts of interested people in 2-3 days and then when i posted an events thread, 12 posts in almost a month
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 11:42:16 pm by a_bear_irl »
FREE ALLERS

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 01, 2012, 11:46:18 pm »
+3
edit 2: MAKE EVENTS A TOP LEVEL FORUM i made an interest check thread for a 2v2 tourney that got ~40 posts of interested people in 2-3 days and then when i posted an events thread, 12 posts in almost a month
This is a very important point, the events section is obscure as fuck while events are the best thing in online gaming.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #272 on: December 02, 2012, 01:11:32 am »
re: balance, i've been saying forever that the balance team needs to have people who actually play this game on it, the turnspeed nerf still being in game is a total validation of that
That is somewhat of a poor example seeing as there are people (me included) who like the turnspeed nerf (it could use a few adjustments so it affects 100 or less length weapons slightly less, but besides that the nerf is fine), and odds are that before I got banned I played more than you.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 02, 2012, 01:32:25 am »
before I got banned
Are you perma banned?  :rolleyes:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #274 on: December 02, 2012, 01:35:30 am »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #275 on: December 02, 2012, 01:43:57 am »
+3
Nope, there are 6 servers for EU only, I would like to see EU_4 removed for starters.
Afaik, 3 years is a way of saying 3 years. As far as player numbers go, this is not a simple 'down', this is a steadily lowering amount of players. The total amount of EU has been significantly lower than the 250 there used to be during primetime. Which I don't mind, I like a small community, as long as it is not spread out over 6 servers.

teeth what you seem to fail to grasp is that the people who usually play on eu4 DONT WANT TO BE ON EU1.

Not everyone wants to fight against mobs of infantry with pikes and lots of cav and archers. Eu4 is a nice server despite the dark because you see the same crowd online and you can have some nice relaxing fights.

You cant just say hmm not enough people play where i want to so force them!
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #276 on: December 02, 2012, 02:07:24 am »
+2
ahhh was awesome now 50+ ppl 2 in the morinign and then random disconnets... nooooooooooo
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #277 on: December 02, 2012, 02:10:19 am »
ahhh was awesome now 50+ ppl 2 in the morinign and then random disconnets... nooooooooooo

its 40+ again.   :)
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #278 on: December 02, 2012, 01:11:07 pm »
+2
The errors with the launcher is also keeping some players away, because they are to lazy to find the error on the forums  :|

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 02, 2012, 01:30:54 pm »
teeth what you seem to fail to grasp is that the people who usually play on eu4 DONT WANT TO BE ON EU1.

Not everyone wants to fight against mobs of infantry with pikes and lots of cav and archers. Eu4 is a nice server despite the dark because you see the same crowd online and you can have some nice relaxing fights.

You cant just say hmm not enough people play where i want to so force them!
EU_1 and EU_4 are exactly the same type of servers, how does it make sense to split a community with max 100 battle players over 2 servers? How is that better than having one, concentrated community? EU_4 is not a better server, it's just a certain type of players that plays there. As far as I know it mostly consists of lone wolves who can't deal with teamplay, and instead of having to learn to play, they can join the noob server and be lone wolves together there.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #280 on: December 02, 2012, 01:39:25 pm »
+7
eu4 is a battle server with old settings. no jump shots polestagger still in etc and a different less intense style of play. Not everyone finds fighting infantry mobs backed up by longspears teeth. If you remove eu4 it wont benefit eu1 that much as they just wont play.
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 02, 2012, 01:51:02 pm »
+5
lone wolves who can't deal with teamplay, and instead of having to learn to play, they can join the noob server and be lone wolves together there.
Have to learn to play? Are u fucking kidding me? Since when cRPG is only for pro epeen whoring cocksuckers?

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #282 on: December 02, 2012, 01:53:36 pm »
+1
Yup, people do not have to "learn how to play". It is all about fun. I don't mind dying myself, I don't care about people getting many kills. EU4 is a small server and that is better for many players than having to play on a bigger server with 80 people +...  :P
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 02, 2012, 01:55:04 pm »
+4
EU_1 and EU_4 are exactly the same type of servers, how does it make sense to split a community with max 100 battle players over 2 servers? How is that better than having one, concentrated community? EU_4 is not a better server, it's just a certain type of players that plays there. As far as I know it mostly consists of lone wolves who can't deal with teamplay, and instead of having to learn to play, they can join the noob server and be lone wolves together there.
teeth, you are really onto some odd argumentation there. Having to learn to play? Are you serious?

Also you say they are exactly the same type of servers, yet different types of players play there. Isn't that different enough, besides other maps?

By erasing EU_4 you would certainly do more harm than anything. And you want them lone noob wolves who can't deal with teamplay on EU_1? What if they don't learn to your satisfaction? I think you don't mean it in that sense, but still, removing EU_4 to force more players into EU_1 is a terrible idea.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #284 on: December 02, 2012, 01:56:55 pm »
+1
EU_4 is only full cuz of random disconnects on EU_1
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works