Author Topic: EU_1 is dying  (Read 23630 times)

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: EU_1 is dying
« Reply #240 on: December 01, 2012, 01:21:25 am »
+11
imo :

1. dump strat. no offense , just honest opinion

2. invent a new mode for battle, there was a good idea posted in the suggestions forum

3. more good maps

4. more tournaments and scrims

5. more items and item balancing

6. new minor and major features like banner carriers , shield bash etc (mainly some cool coding and animation stuff)

7. profit

I don't think the mod is dying, it just so happens that a lot of new good games are coming out , especially planetside 2. It's always like this, just remember what was going on when Skyrim came out. Eventually people always come back to cRPG. Of course some encouragement for them to come back faster is always welcome .

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2878
  • Infamy: 950
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 01, 2012, 01:40:28 am »
+4

These days I wanted to make new thread named: cRPG prisoner of evil Strategus.

I do understand that some people are here only because of strategus but cRPG works and Strategus never will, no matter how hard chadz tries to make it work like it should. He needs to build his own game if he wants true Strategus.

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
« Reply #242 on: December 01, 2012, 02:08:08 am »
+4

I remember that Fallen organised lots of tournaments in pass. Now theres Strat and no more tournament why? I think a big rageball tournament can bring some action/fun  :P No-clan based everyone can create his own team/roster etc etc... Maybe a reward for the winner.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #243 on: December 01, 2012, 03:25:24 am »
Only archers with MW Longbow and MW Bodkins are able to kill in two arrows.
Wrong.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #244 on: December 01, 2012, 03:42:12 am »
+2
Only archers with MW Longbow and MW Bodkins are able to kill in two arrows. Good thing there aren't many of them around, at least on EU side.

Still remember being two-shot to the body with 9 ironflesh and 50 body armor by cup1d and his horn bow. No height difference, no headshot, and he even had quite a bit of 2H wpf so not maxed damage. inb4 "should've had a shield". I had an old board shield facing him (low skill though, I'll admit that!). Been two-shot a shit-ton of times by rus bows as well while being around 21 strength, 4-5 IF as well.

Still, I never mind the high damage from bows. My only gripe was that the archer could kill almost everyone in 2-3 shots while still being faster than almost all infantry and have insane acceleration making cav a weak counter as well. Made them have no real downside, which is bad. I'm not sure they fixed the problem the correct way though, but it was a step in the right direction at least. I'm still annoyed by the fact that non-loomed archery is that weak though. Wouldn't mind seeing bonus damage from bow/arrow looms wiped, damage on arrows increased by quite a margin to make it approximately the same as loomed archery does now. Looms only increasing accuracy (make it more accuracte than now, making some melee investment a nice choice as well), draw rate, missile speed and amount of arrows. Probably never gonna happen, but one could hope. Non-loomed archery is quite the joke if you're not a really good shot.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 01, 2012, 04:32:04 am »
Wrong.

He's right, and he's actually played the class.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #246 on: December 01, 2012, 04:45:07 am »
He's right, and he's actually played the class.
I know I'm right and I know I've played the class.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #247 on: December 01, 2012, 10:57:39 am »
imo :

2. invent a new mode for battle, there was a good idea posted in the suggestions forum

3. more good maps

6. new minor and major features like banner carriers , shield bash etc (mainly some cool coding and animation stuff)

7. profit

I don't think the mod is dying, it just so happens that a lot of new good games are coming out , especially planetside 2. It's always like this, just remember what was going on when Skyrim came out. Eventually people always come back to cRPG. Of course some encouragement for them to come back faster is always welcome .

Biiiig +1 here, dump strat i understand its chadz's baby and all but it seems to take up allot od time yet stil it always ends up being the same, plus it brings the worst out od the people.

I sebe this mod expand and progress not in a persistent world but in league/ladder clan battles (Fallen tourneys ere the best thing ever) and themed fights like we had samurais v Knights etc.

Balancers are a whole different story and i will not go into it.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 01, 2012, 11:31:39 am »
+1
Actually, I think I saw you on NA1 the other day with a Long Spear when EU1 was down. What was your impression of it, and did you notice any big differences from EU battle?
There is a huge difference in average armor, NA does not armorcrutch like EU does. Ofcourse there is a few people that heavy armor, but the majority wear body armors that are around 40 base armor and I see very little heavy gloves. In EU the average body armor is 45 atleast with mostly heavy gloves. I think it might be as much as a 10 body armor difference on average, which quite changes the perception of damage of weapons and changes the cut/pierce balance around.

Not as much as a preference for long high damage weapons as in EU. Especially noticable with the 2h swords class, mostly HBS and Longswords, compared to 120 range greatswords usually used on EU.

There is a lot less ranged for as far as I can tell, but I wasn't playing at primetime, but I had to worry a lot less about cover and could mostly just fight some good melee fights. Which makes me enjoy my time on NA quite a lot. My choice of playing on NA 1 had little to do with EU 1 being down, I just kinda like playing on NA. It seems to frustrate me less, probably mostly because of the ranged.

There is also very little longspear abuse going on and people seem to not really be used to it as in they are not aware of me being able to hit them. Even though I fail half my stabs due to ping, there are just so much opportunities to stab that I do quite alright.

Offline Rhaegar

• Earl
  • Renown: 350
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: Nord_Rhaegar
« Reply #249 on: December 01, 2012, 02:33:36 pm »
+1
I play for three years,and for three years I have heard that the mod is dying,I do not think that will do for now;surely such titles as war of the roses and chivalry are direct competitors but are worse then wb CRPG and tired quickly. But remember with nostalgia the old xp system that made battagle more frantic and fun...

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #250 on: December 01, 2012, 02:37:55 pm »
+1
Agree, I had more fun pre-repair patch in cRPG than I did after the repair / new xp gold system patch.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 01, 2012, 03:23:10 pm »
I play for three years,and for three years I have heard that the mod is dying,I do not think that will do for now;surely such titles as war of the roses and chivalry are direct competitors but are worse then wb CRPG and tired quickly. But remember with nostalgia the old xp system that made battagle more frantic and fun...
cRPG only exists for two years and 4 months. Besides, dwindling player numbers are a cold hard fact. I think it is time to concentrate the community by removing some servers.

Offline Doppel

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 01, 2012, 03:43:06 pm »
+1
I just want The Great August Patch. In my opinion the main problem is the slow levelsystem and the frustrating multipler.
There should also be more ways to play your character (overhead attacks for hoplites or a buff for halfswording).

Offline Shpritza

• Count
  • Renown: 279
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • STEAM
  • Game nicks: Shpritza
« Reply #253 on: December 01, 2012, 03:44:27 pm »
imo :

3. more good maps

7. profit

This, oouuuu yeaa baby +1 
trust no one, question everything

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #254 on: December 01, 2012, 03:51:47 pm »
+4
DC again. TOO often. No fun anymore to dc once an hour!
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me