Author Topic: What cRPG needs (IMHO) - yet another emotional principle discussion  (Read 4425 times)

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
Re: What cRPG needs (IMHO) - yet another emotional principle discussion
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2012, 08:03:29 pm »
In NA the "normal" amount of agility is 9-15 where as in EU that is 15-21. Without a good balance this couldn't have happened. Don't start argue with the specific numbers, you get the point.

IMO the thing we need the most is a new xp/gold system.

That's for sure. I've been called an agi whore on an alt when I had 21 agi. Made me lol.

While I agree with some of your suggestions Joker, I dislike the idea of a wealth skill or buffing the lvl cap just to compensate for adding in the wealth skill.

I'd be for iupping the lvl cap I suppose but it'd be easier just to increase the game speed rather than force people to lvl up more to compensate for a slower game.

I'm definitely for conquest mode but instead of killing battle, just get rid of siege instead.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2012, 08:06:20 pm »
+1
While I agree with some of your suggestions Joker, I dislike the idea of a wealth skill or buffing the lvl cap just to compensate for adding in the wealth skill.

To be honest, Torbens "giving cRPG that punch back" topic brought me to the idea of increasing level cap to lower the problem of slow game speed and to increase variety, and in this process I noticed that my old "wealth skill" idea could be implemented much better. It wasn't the other way round.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2012, 08:08:24 pm »
+1
I agree on adding back a commander system. For me best days of cRPG were when there were commanders setting flags for the team which was linked with exp/gold gain - as in if you just run off from your team you don't get paid - it was a rather excellent idea to solve the problem of stupidity of pub players. What I mostly see these days when I lurk on EU1 is simply that pubbies still haven't realized for good that bigger zerg wins in this game, and it takes couple of rounds each map to make them realize this. Or not. Then it's 0-5 if the opposing team does use the secret tactics of assembling in one huge ball of heavy armored drones and in sequence steamrolls all these lone-wolf idiots heroes.

Though I strongly disagree on armor part. There's already too much glancing, bouncing off and only-stun hits with so many heirloomed mid-heavy armors everywhere compared to native. It brings too much randomness to fights instead of skill.
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2012, 08:15:14 pm »
+1
To be honest, Torbens "giving cRPG that punch back" topic brought me to the idea of increasing level cap to lower the problem of slow game speed and to increase variety, and in this process I noticed that my old "wealth skill" idea could be implemented much better. It wasn't the other way round.

Fair enough but I still dislike the idea of a wealth skill although I understand where you're coming from with it. Its definitely a creative idea to try and replace upkeep. I also think it'd still be easier to just buff game speed rather than force players to lvl up more so they can get more wpf and swing faster.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2012, 08:27:19 pm »
+2
imo crpg needs lasers, muskets & robots.

Then we could have a robot samurai dual wielding a laser cannon and a musket, whilst riding a plated charger.

Go chadz, implement pls.
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2012, 08:31:35 pm »
+4
imo crpg needs lasers, muskets & robots.

Then we could have a robot samurai dual wielding a laser cannon and a musket, whilst riding a plated charger.

Go chadz, implement pls.

Don't forget pink hair and cross-dressing.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2012, 08:34:15 pm »
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Wiltzu

• Sceptical
  • Duke
  • Renown: 665
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarin_Wiltzu
  • IRC nick: Wiltzu
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2012, 08:43:03 pm »
Joker, I still didn't get what I asked for.

Are you NA/EU? If I remember correctly you're German, but still I didn't get any answer from you
How much do you play on average per week? I'd like to have a screenshot from your c-rpg.net Statistics page. I'm still waiting these
How long have you been playing REGULARLY c-rpg? I really haven't seen you playing (I personally play pretty much always EU1) at least with the nick that you state to use. You didn't answer this one either

You make extremely long texts/posts with proper English so I'd assume you'd be able to answer to my questions and yet you didn't answer to my questions when you replied to me.

IMHO you don't play enough to be the judge what should be changed (prove me wrong and provide the ss+info I asked).
When in Rome, live as the Romans do; when elsewhere, live as they live elsewhere.

Kaikki on tasa-arvoisia. Toiset on vain tasa-arvoisempia kuin toiset.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2012, 08:44:53 pm »
what is Joker's ign?  now that I think of it I would have no idea what is ign is! :lol:
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2012, 08:46:55 pm »
which means you get bonus rewards if you play a rare class.

So I can just make a stone thrower and level up like a chew chew train?

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2012, 08:48:13 pm »

Too common. Make a thrower/archer hybrid.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2012, 08:53:20 pm »
+1
Too common. Make a thrower/archer hybrid.

I tried this once. I pretended I was a native american and threw things and shooted things. It was fucking horrible.

Also, cRPG's pretty good atm. I think the only thing that would be better would be more cooperation/teamwork in battle, which would be most easily done via an in-game VOIP thing, or at least an official TS for each server.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2012, 09:23:43 pm »
+1

Yes, a chew chew train with like 5% more speed than the others. Hold your train driver cap fast or it will fly off  :P
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline peter_afca7

• Count
  • Renown: 224
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BLABLA
  • Game nicks: BLABLABLA
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2012, 11:29:50 pm »
+2
What Crpg needs?

A worthy funeral.
On just a tiny bit more optimistic note though, I am really hoping that this game gets on its feet again. But I started playing Crpg again in April after a 8 months long break, and I immediately felt that this was a great game in a dying state. And I dont feel that it has changed abit these past months either, problems are hardly being adressed properly for Crpg to recover. I have tried really hard to be optimistic through everything since I started playing again, but the crpg experience now feels more like watching a train-wreck rather than a game to have fun in.
for me cRPG gets less fun because of people like you shooting running away turn around shoot over and over again sick of it

Offline Pejlaen

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pejlaen
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2012, 12:30:14 am »
for me cRPG gets less fun because of people like you shooting running away turn around shoot over and over again sick of it

I'm glad

Edit: haha, I've gone through lengths to keep my playstyle fair to other peoples as well. I never kite or used the elements in archery that some people consider "abusing", I focused on being concentrated and accurate instead. Then at somepoint I got overwhelmed by the QQ from every single direction, and I just lost interest in caring in keeping my playstyle restrained for those who cries like 3-year olds in this game. Gz QQers, it's almost as if you've added an kiting archer to this game. Success for you? : )
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 04:33:04 am by Pejlaen »
skilled individuals, putting them together can create a very deadly and effective team.

The bow, it represents, that a skilled archer can pick a mighty man at arms off from a distance.