Author Topic: Operation: Durquba Freedom  (Read 11758 times)

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
Re: Operation: Durquba Freedom
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2012, 11:16:08 pm »
+1
Chaos/Remnant/Hero Party vs Coalition

False.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Kirbyy

• Count
  • Renown: 286
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player
  • Hi guys
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Malta 4 lyfe.
  • Game nicks: Kirby, ynyng
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2012, 11:23:33 pm »
+1
No one wants to attack an empire with Good players (TKoV), Smart thinkers (TKoV), Strategus Soldier Farmers (HoC), and Shield walls reenacting easily moved bails of hay. (HoC)

Offline Pentecost

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2012, 11:25:05 pm »
+1
I'd agree with this statement if there wasn't an NAP in effect with Hosp/VE/NH, effectively ending that war for at least 2 months.

I assume the reason why VE decided to work out a cease-fire with Hospitaller in the first place was so that they could deal with the Chevaliers. Even the wording of the NAP suggests it, what with the part about the Hospitallers pledging not to intervene if a party not named in the treaty gets attacked.

I think it's a rational move if you're considering the Strategus map from a standpoint of loss and gain. That war in the steppes seemed to be at a stalemate due to the distance involved, among other factors, and it looks like FCC may need some time to reorganize its new territories and figure out how it wants to proceed (and, indeed, if it wants to proceed at the current time) against Hospitaller. By signing that two month cease-fire agreement, VE seemingly got Hospitaller to cut off their vassals and gave themselves plenty of time to get in a better position in possible future conflicts by eliminating a Hospitaller ally.

What makes me curious about this whole thing is what the Hospitallers plan to do and how agreeing to the NAP furthers their interest as a faction. Huseby locked the topic he started, and I didn't see much elaboration in that other thread.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2012, 11:29:18 pm »
The goons have never given us a reason to want to attack them. Chevaliers have. Simple, as hobb said we go after people we have a casus belli against, yes this is a war for more land, but that's not the only reason for the war.

Reason: Goons are goons.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Pentecost

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2012, 11:34:05 pm »
Inglorious, you linked the following quote in reply to what I said:

http://forum.meleegaming.com/diplomacy/chevalier-trading-policies/
I didn't close any borders but Tamnuh's borders, and that is because of multiple trade agreements. Tamnuh, is not Durquba. Durquba is where you were demanding extraditing people who were taking advantage of our open borders policy. On that note, what is the point of being our own faction (Chevalier) with our own trade and open borders policies, if another faction (Velucan Empire/TKoV) can control it. Might as well be part of the VE at that point.

I'm not sure how it relates to the observation I made. Would you mind offering some clarification? If you were allowing Hospitallers to organize attacks on VE caravans in your lands that were, right up until recently, open trade and open borders and the reports I heard weren't just hearsay or people misconstruing events for the purpose of propaganda, is it really that strange that VE would eventually move to attack you? I mean, it's your right to help the Hospitallers per your agreement as much as it is their right to invade you if that's actually the case.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2012, 11:56:12 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Anyways, When are we going to get some battles going? I want some xp. I need 4.4 mil til i can retire. Also Pentecost, Hosp hasn't hit any VE caravans at all(i can state for sure this is true as most pass right through my location). Chev isn't allied with Hosp, nor is astralis. Both are freindly and more likely to merc for hosp, but they were never(and CHEV MADE THIS CLEAR FOREVER AGO.) they aren't allied with hosp. If anything, Astralis and Chev are more likely to be allied over hosp.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 12:00:41 am by Lt_Anders »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2012, 12:29:44 am »
+2
False.

This.

Keep CHAOS and Hero_Party, remove Remnant and replace with Occitan and Pale Bowlers or whatever the hell they are called as well as KUTT.

Remnants and the Coalition are not at war, never have been, and so far we are mercing more-or-less for each other (whether design or by accident you can speculate, NA loves to speculate  :rolleyes: ).

Anywho...

While it is amusing that we once again see a large faction 'picking on' a smaller faction, and there may be the possibility of a metric ton of hypocrisy involved...

It's a war game. Seriously. So, like... Shut up and kill each other.

Half of the world declared war on the Coaltion... Did we bitch about it? Hell no, we welcomed it. When Occitan declared and marched on us, we shook their hand and both sides congratulated each other, so be like Occitan, be like Coalition, act like you are part of a wargame and stop bitching about every single war springing up.

Yeah, we get it, one side declares war on another and OH GOD THE HUMANITY SOME PEOPLE DON'T LIKE THAT! o_O
But this is a war game... So seriously, just play. This constant bickering over literally every single war is getting old, especially since half of you loons make permanent grudges (diplomacy 'wiped clean/reset' my ass, love reading that at the start of every strat.). I can count on one hand the amount of times I've seen ANY war declaration and no one complaining... Good god. Half the people on these diplomacy forums act like old village crones screaming at a band of young ruffians over the smallest of things.

Peace is boring.

We now return from this intermission to your broadcast! Carry on  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 12:51:49 am by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2012, 12:34:36 am »
+2

This.

Keep CHAOS and Hero_Party, remove Remnant and replace with Occitan and Pale Bowlers or whatever the hell they are called as well as KUTT.

Then, draw a red line through KUTT and Pale Bowlers, and rewrite CHAOS in lower case letters.

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2012, 12:37:15 am »
+2
or i could not change anything since my larger point still stands \O/
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2012, 12:41:50 am »
+1
Wow Tears, way to come into a thread that has dissolved the drama and rekindle the flame..actually, you did more than rekindle, you ripped ass upon it, poured gasoline and threw an M80 on top of it.

Sheesh. Should have just stuck with your original post.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2012, 12:43:53 am »
+2

Wow Tears, way to come into a thread that has dissolved the drama and rekindle the flame..actually, you did more than rekindle, you ripped ass upon it, poured gasoline and threw an M80 on top of it.
Signature worthy, thank you.

Sheesh. Should have just stuck with your original post.
That would be boring.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2012, 12:47:36 am »
+1
I look forward to my new place in your Signature. Carry on lads, carry on. Tanken needs a bit more reading to make it through the slow night at work
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Kirbyy

• Count
  • Renown: 286
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player
  • Hi guys
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Malta 4 lyfe.
  • Game nicks: Kirby, ynyng
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2012, 01:00:27 am »

On my orders, Imperial forces have begun striking selected targets of military importance to undermine Saddam Hussein's Malta_Kirbies ability to wage war. These are opening stages of what will be a broad and concerted campaign.

It's TECHNOKirby!!!!!

Offline Chestaclese

• Earl
  • Renown: 340
  • Infamy: 106
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2012, 01:05:55 am »
+3

"I got a coalition of the willing. I got forty nations ready to roll son."
"Threatening Chesty with tea bagging is clearly not worth the effort. It is like offering sex addict an orgy." - BaleofGay.

"ILL OPEN MY GIFTS LATER MOM, IM BUSY FIGHTING CHESTACLES IN AN ONLINE HORSE SIMULATOR GAME." - Oprah Winafrey

“He's using everything he can to get me banned, admins please don't let him get away with this. He's ban baiting me, please help.” - Ducky_The_Banned

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2012, 01:14:32 am »
+8
(click to show/hide)

Dug this up since I was bored and he does say that he doesn't speak for his clan it's just funny how things change. Oh but you guys have legitimate reason, too bad we didn't do the same. But carry on this fun to read :)
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.