Author Topic: Operation: Durquba Freedom  (Read 11030 times)

Offline Inglorious

• Earl
  • Renown: 497
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Courage is our shield
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Banana Republic / Chevaliers
  • Game nicks: IngloriouslyBad / Affordable Cavalry
Re: Operation: Durquba Freedom
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2012, 10:08:33 pm »
I ninja edited it...

oh wait you did too!

Indeed !

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2012, 10:10:40 pm »
+3
Read the little tidbit in parenthesis, yes Fallen came in like vultures and yes Teutonic was towards the end. It still doesn't change the who larger vs smaller dynamic Bale, I know you guys didn't go into it with that happening in mind, it's just the way it ended up.

You're also forgetting Remnant and Dracul  :wink:
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SittingBull

• Earl
  • Renown: 381
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Chief_SittingBull_Astralis
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2012, 10:24:37 pm »
+4
This is probably the worst excuse I've ever seen since playing strat for a 100+ man clan to go to war with a 20 man clan. Truly a pathetic show by the Empire. Who are you going to declare war on next? Anders and his three man clan for taking a piss off the balcony of his castle?

Just sad.  :rolleyes:

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2012, 10:25:54 pm »
This is probably the worst excuse I've ever seen since playing strat for a 100+ man clan to go to war with a 20 man clan. Truly a pathetic show by the Empire. Who are you going to declare war on next? Anders and his three man clan for taking a piss off the balcony of his castle?

I love you bull. Best example ever.

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2012, 10:26:44 pm »
Yea well you guys will have 1 member per ever 5 fiefs(assuming you take all of them). Why not attack the goons? They are closer and allow contiguous land coverage.
And here I thought the desert was going to stay for the small clans to have some fun. Welp there goes that. :|

Yeah dont think we are using this as a way to justify this as a "fair" fight. We are a huge faction, very active and our members want more fiefs.

The causes we listed are legit, and we try to get a causas belli for every war, but obviously greedy motives motivate better then bad diplomacy

Offline Inglorious

• Earl
  • Courage is our shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2012, 10:26:51 pm »

Awesome bull. Just awesome  :lol:

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2012, 10:42:00 pm »
+1
@HOBB:
• A terrorist suicide attack commissioned by Malta_Kirbies resulting in a 700 man slaughter of Uesegi forces at the hands of HoC in self defense

• Housing of enemy troops and the destruction of an Imperial caravan trying to bring trade to Durquba

• King Robert wants a new summer home

Casus Belli.

The first point. Uesugi JUST FORMED when that battle took place. In addition, Uesugi is(and under relentless or w/e now) new to strat and...well bad at it.

Can't mention anything about the second one. I know nothing about it.

Third isn't a true 'casus belli'.

SO basically: You are attacking over a trade discrepancy that was brought about by border control from Chev enforcing their policies(if I read this right).
Just stop with Casus belli and state: We want land. That's pretty much it. You don't need a CB, just state you are going for a war of conquest and be done with it.
Let it be known HoC's differences with Kirby have nothing to do with our invasion. Hunting Malta was going to happen wherever they would have hid. Really this is about warm winter time shares for our Imperial ruling class. Winters get cold in Calradia and for us old timers with Arthritis the desert is more therapeutic than strategic. I just want to drink and f*#% my slaves, good day.

See bonesaw has it right! It's a war, you want land, and that's that! Let the XP ROLL!

BTW, you can hire me to fight for you if you want!...but I'm only doing special contracts atm.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 10:47:31 pm by Lt_Anders »

Offline Pentecost

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2012, 10:52:55 pm »
I don't have anything to do with either faction, but I've heard from various people that the Chevaliers were allowing the Hospitallers to use their lands as a staging ground for attacks on caravans in areas that were designated as free trade zones with open borders. You might counter by saying that it's natural that they would help Hospitaller and that it's a perfectly legitimate move on their part considering they are/were the vassals of Hospitaller, which quite is true, but that's all the more reason why it would be in the interest of VE to wipe them off the map.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2012, 10:54:10 pm »
I don't have anything to do with either faction, but I've heard from various people that the Chevaliers were allowing the Hospitallers to use their lands as a staging ground for attacks on caravans in areas that were designated as free trade zones with open borders. You might counter by saying that it's natural that they would help Hospitaller and that it's a perfectly legitimate move on their part considering they are/were the vassals of Hospitaller, which quite is true, but that's all the more reason why it would be in the interest of VE to wipe them off the map.

I'd agree with this statement if there wasn't an NAP in effect with Hosp/VE/NH, effectively ending that war for at least 2 months.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Kirbyy

• Count
  • Renown: 286
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player
  • Hi guys
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Malta 4 lyfe.
  • Game nicks: Kirby, ynyng
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2012, 10:57:10 pm »
What the fuck did John say?  I NEVER sent an army to you guys, he came into MY TS and said that he needed the HoC team speak to bitch them out for attacking him, turns out that he was completely unarmed.  But anyways, derka derka.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 11:18:07 pm by LookItsMountNBladeMan »

Offline Kirbyy

• Count
  • Renown: 286
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player
  • Hi guys
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Malta 4 lyfe.
  • Game nicks: Kirby, ynyng
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2012, 10:58:04 pm »
    Ears and Noses will be the trophies of the day! I've reserved a cell for Kirby to receive his "bloody eagle".

Ahhhh the immaturity begins. 

[edit] Anyone else see the irony of 2/3 members of HoC attacking, having butt hurt feelings for me?  This is an excuse, the fact that they point the finger towards Malta due to a 'mysterious' army approaching on them, is hilarious.  Let alone the fact that this army that was near them, was not even REMOTELY armed. I have nothing to do with this, and neither does any other member of Malta.  If I were you Hobb I'd worry about the trust you can have between 'King' Bonesaw of HoC, and yourself.  This is obviously a scape goat to attack a starter faction.  Saw this happening anyways, after the 20th post I got from HoC hating on me I kinda thought that I'd be attack by them eventually... 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 11:08:54 pm by LookItsMountNBladeMan »

Offline Inglorious

• Earl
  • Courage is our shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2012, 10:58:49 pm »

hmm...

Quote from: IngloriouslyBad

http://forum.meleegaming.com/diplomacy/chevalier-trading-policies/
I didn't close any borders but Tamnuh's borders, and that is because of multiple trade agreements. Tamnuh, is not Durquba. Durquba is where you were demanding extraditing people who were taking advantage of our open borders policy. On that note, what is the point of being our own faction (Chevalier) with our own trade and open borders policies, if another faction (Velucan Empire/TKoV) can control it. Might as well be part of the VE at that point.

I did not call you stupid, by any shape or form. I called the idea of that because TKoV didn't take advantage of our open borders policy first, that we had to change our policies just for TKoV, as per your requests. And at the time in my hurry - ...

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2012, 11:05:32 pm »
+1

Yea well you guys will have 1 member per ever 5 fiefs(assuming you take all of them). Why not attack the goons? They are closer and allow contiguous land coverage.
And here I thought the desert was going to stay for the small clans to have some fun. Welp there goes that. :|

The goons have never given us a reason to want to attack them. Chevaliers have. Simple, as hobb said we go after people we have a casus belli against, yes this is a war for more land, but that's not the only reason for the war.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Malke

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2012, 11:06:10 pm »
+1
Conquest it is boys!

Offline Syls

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 15
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Veluca
  • Game nicks: Syls
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2012, 11:10:58 pm »
+1
Good, now that the drama has started, we want to confirm that we're indeed doing it because we feel the need to expand. Since we had some problems with Chevaliers and Malta we decided to go for them, of course, that doesn't mean we despite Chevaliers. Consider this war as a greedy big faction eating a smaller, weaker faction.

Some people will probably be pissed about it but hey, come attack us if you're unhappy about it  :mrgreen:. Who knows, if you don't do it now, you may be next  :twisted:.