Author Topic: Knights Hospitaller declares war on Hero_Party  (Read 8920 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Knights Hospitaller declares war on Hero_Party
« on: October 05, 2012, 08:34:02 pm »
We are officially declaring war on the hero_party for their attack on one of our vassal's (SaleHope) fiefs.  SaleHope was the lord of New Samarra Castle when the Papal Guard disbanded.  He remained our loyal vassal and before they disbanded, had told us that he was joining our faction.  He agreed to transfer the castle over to Chevaliers to take control over and run the fief's operations.

Before Chevaliers were able to get there, Tydeus attacked the castle claiming it was a non-faction castle.  Which if you looked on the strategus map, would appear that way.  However at no point in time did he come to us, or SaleHope to discuss a peaceful trade for the castle.

Up until the last minute, we had maintained we wanted to trade unriya village + gold or troops+gear for samarra castle, but would require Tydeus to retreat to show good faith that he was going to take the trade.  Otherwise there was nothing to stop him from reneging on the deal, since he already had the castle.

Since it was apparent we were going to be unable to come to terms before the battle was going to happen, I agreed to send him 10k gold, and return his goods, gear and troops (we'd compensate) for retreating from the battle and continuing negotiations.  They would only agree to continued negotiations after they took the castle. 

So consider this cause for war and expect to be crushed.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Re: Knights Hospitaller declares war on Hero_Party
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 08:47:00 pm »
+4
The sands will now truly run red. The War on LLJK and now The War Hero Party. The desert must drive all comers crazy for bloodlust!

Operation: Desert Shitstorm Started!

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 08:51:00 pm »
+3
Up until the last minute, we had maintained we wanted to trade unriya village + gold or troops+gear for samarra castle, but would require Tydeus to retreat to show good faith that he was going to take the trade.  Otherwise there was nothing to stop him from reneging on the deal, since he already had the castle.
Yes, nothing to stop us from "renegading" other than that, if nothing else, Hospitaller would most certainly decide to go to war with us had we done so. It's quite easy to see who will win a war between Hospitaller and hero_party, even if we could out-gear you and maintain a 2:1 ratio of kills to deaths, our best case scenario, which is highly unlikely, you'd still win through attrition if nothing else. Clearly, there was far more for us to risk than you as I specifically stated to you in irc. You on the other hand, had very little to lose by simply not returning anything to us and still declaring war. In fact, we'd find ourselves in the same position we are now, except with you having the castle and not us and with hero_party's defeat assured(though entirely unwilling to surrender) even moreso.

I told you we would still be open to negotiations, even the possibility(however unlikely) of transferring the fief back to you, but it would have to wait until after the battle. We came to you the night before with negotiations where it ended with Hospitaller saying they would get back with us that night, which they never did, even after I stayed up an extra 5 hours.

If it's war, we welcome the experience for our main characters. We just wish that, rather than being outnumbered by having to fight Hospitaller, Chevaliers, Astralis, Malta, KUTT and whoever else, we'd only have to be outnumbered fighting Chevaliers, Astralis and Malta. It would certainly be a much more entertaining war, for everyone.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Shik

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Gilmore Girls
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 08:55:50 pm »
+3
Considering that we've received reports several days prior that Hospitaller Devilize sent Goretooth 1000 troops to attack us in the desert, it is rather clear to us that you had no intention of carrying on any sort of lasting peace in the first place: this comes as little surprise to us. So be it! Let your teeming hordes come.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 09:03:27 pm by Shik »

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 09:02:11 pm »
+4
Whoa whoa whoa LLJK had a war going on in the desert first, wait your turn jerks!

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Ohayashi

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Red Lotus
  • Game nicks: RL_Umamawari_Fuchs
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 09:11:33 pm »
+1
good luck to both sides, have fun, just don't roleplay to seriously like some people around these parts

Hold your tongue, Gaijin, lest you find it being fed to you in the coming divine wind.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 09:15:16 pm by Ohayashi »
If it kills me, it's OP.

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 09:13:42 pm »
+1
Even in the most unforgiving heat of Calradia's desert, the fires of war out burn us all.

The eternal flames rest in the womb of Calradia. With peace comes the birth of a new land, and Calradia is far from willing to let anything ursurp its crown.

To defeat this inferno, we must first defeat ourselves.

~ Empress Auphilia

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 09:20:52 pm »
+3
We just wish that, rather than being outnumbered by having to fight Hospitaller, Chevaliers, Astralis, Malta, KUTT and whoever else, we'd only have to be outnumbered fighting Chevaliers, Astralis and Malta. It would certainly be a much more entertaining war, for everyone.

You won't have to worry about KUTT really, unless this drags out entirely too long. It's too far of a run for our gear to go that distance, though we will most likely merc because who doesn't want that glorious free xp!
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 09:31:17 pm »
+7
I just hope this doesn't turn into another one of those it's-not-over-till-one-side-is-totally-wiped wars. How often did you see that happen in single player? I hope this is a situation where both sides can sharpen their claws, do some damage, and then end it amicably instead of going full steam and making the map that much more boring.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Shik

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Gilmore Girls
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 09:36:41 pm »
+1
I just hope this doesn't turn into another one of those it's-not-over-till-one-side-is-totally-wiped wars. How often did you see that happen in single player? I hope this is a situation where both sides can sharpen their claws, do some damage, and then end it amicably instead of going full steam and making the map that much more boring.
Hero Party is willing to accept peace under the conditions that Hospitaller and allies renounce all hostilities and claims against us.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 09:39:27 pm »
+2
Even in the most unforgiving heat of Calradia's desert, the fires of war out burn us all.

The eternal flames rest in the womb of Calradia. With peace comes the birth of a new land, and Calradia is far from willing to let anything ursurp its crown.

To defeat this inferno, we must first defeat ourselves.

~ Empress Auphilia

Could you please make an attempt to follow haiku structure more carefully?  You're pretense of artfulness clearly shows you have no respect for culture.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Mayzer

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Trueborn Stratian
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Mayzer_of_Chaos, Harbinger_of_Chaos
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 09:42:33 pm »
+5
Considering that we've received reports several days prior that Hospitaller Devilize sent Goretooth 1000 troops to attack us in the desert, it is rather clear to us that you had no intention of carrying on any sort of lasting peace in the first place: this comes as little surprise to us. So be it! Let your teeming hordes come.

Funny. I heard this rumor as well. That must have been some trade run!

I'm surprised you have the audacity to place a "claim" on 1. A castle not in the Steppe. 2. A castle surrounded by another faction's fiefs. In my eyes that castle belonged to Hero Party since Strat started.

Just come out with it and say that you want their land. Don't use this weak claim as a precedence...

//rant
Human, you've changed nothing. Your species has the attention of those infinitely your greater. The Harbinger has come.

If you wish to contact me, search for Mayzer on Steam. I'm the one with the Minecraft avatar.

Offline Inglorious

• Earl
  • Renown: 497
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Courage is our shield
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Banana Republic / Chevaliers
  • Game nicks: IngloriouslyBad / Affordable Cavalry
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 09:44:14 pm »
+3
We the Chevaliers wish the Castle Samarra. We fight you for this reason. But we are all part of a much larger idea, and must play our part in this charade. 

Poster of the upcoming war made by Chevalier_Fred

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2012, 09:44:22 pm »
+9

Could you please make an attempt to follow haiku structure more carefully?  You're pretense of artfulness clearly shows you have no respect for culture.

Please follow proper grammar and writing more carefully. Your willingness to jump down others' throats before correcting yourself shows you have no respect for yourself.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Syls

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 15
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Veluca
  • Game nicks: Syls
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 09:50:59 pm »
+5
We the Chevaliers wish the Castle Samarra. We fight you for this reason. But we are all part of a much larger idea, and must play our part in this charade. 

(click to show/hide)

Poster of the upcoming war made by Chevalier_Fred

Should be Les Chevaliers, not la Chevalier ^^. Also, while I don't speak for my faction right now, I really don't like seeing any of the big faction expanding in the desert... Using vassals or not. To me the desert is where the smaller clans have a chance at surviving and having fun.