Author Topic: The Coalition Marches Onward  (Read 12530 times)

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
Re: The Coalition Marches Onward
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2012, 09:08:40 pm »
That's not what happens at all.  More historical revisionism, except this time instead of traitor history it is Westeros.  How bizarre.   
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2012, 09:11:53 pm »
That's not what happens at all.  More historical revisionism, except this time instead of traitor history it is Westeros.  How bizarre.   

It's exactly what happened. More blatant stupidity from Shmoothwish as usual. Go read a book.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2012, 09:25:19 pm »
+1
 :cry: Soooo is this a war? or a slaughter I haven't figured it out yet.

It was pretty obvious that KUTT was not ready for war when FCC decided to invade, Hospitallers are bogged down with Invasions into the Steppe, and KUTT being pushed back leaving Reyvadin completely open to attack.

I wouldn't say anything but it's pretty obvious that you have no reason to take Reyvadin beyond personal greed. I just wish there was something more we could do about it, but it seems most of our clan is taking vacations in EU. Me included.

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2012, 09:27:26 pm »
+1
:cry: Soooo is this a war? or a slaughter I haven't figured it out yet.

It was pretty obvious that KUTT was not ready for war when FCC decided to invade, Hospitallers are bogged down with Invasions into the Steppe, and KUTT being pushed back leaving Reyvadin completely open to attack.

I wouldn't say anything but it's pretty obvious that you have no reason to take Reyvadin beyond personal greed. I just wish there was something more we could do about it, but it seems most of our clan is taking vacations in EU. Me included.
They don't want to fight a real war, but, for any battle against the coalition, I will sign for KUTT!

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2012, 09:37:49 pm »
Considering I was robbed by fallen, made a deal with them which was reneged on, I think I know what side to merc for.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2012, 09:38:14 pm »
+1
It's exactly what happened. More blatant stupidity from Shmoothwish as usual. Go read a book.

Tywin resigned because his family's ~~honor~~ was being griefed by the Mad King Aerys, who was also probably fucking/raping his wife, likely creating Tyrion that way.  All Tywin cared about was his reputation, which Aerys undestood and just trolled the shit out of him until he quit.  He was long gone from King's Landing when Aerys started trolling the other families by killing their sons, pretty much leaving right when Jaime became Kingsguard.

Lannisters stayed out of Robert's Rebellion during its entirety, because Tywin is a really fucking bad strategist and person.  He is only written as "cutthroat and cool" superficially when he is extremely flawed and incompetent in the story.  They only sent an army after Ned and Robert killed Prince Rhaegar at the Battle of the Trident, the conclusive fight of the rebellion.

Then once the war was decided, Tywin came marching to the capital with an army, asking his old buddy the Mad King to open the gates so they could help defend it.  He proceeded to slaughter the citizens, and ordered his men to find the infant and tween heirs to the throne, so they could be raped, murdered, and have their heads presented to Robert in order to look like they were actually allied all along.  All he did was rape and pillage a defenceless city to try to take credit for being on the "right side."

These actions caused Ned Stark and most of Westeros to have absolutely no respect for the Lannister family, as their display of "being on the right side" was a mockery of justice, and a deep lack of integrity.  Best was the blowback this caused, because the late Prince Rhaegar's now raped and murdered wife was from Dorne, causing Dorne for decades to plot on how to get revenge on Lannisters and take over Westeros politics themselves.

That story is something that Fallen should definitely take a lesson from.  Knowing that you took from ASOIAF that "Tywin is a hero and the Lannisters are great" is hilarious though, and explains your very feeble understanding of real world history very well.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2012, 09:55:34 pm »
Cant  Na fallen do without EU fallen?

Your just hurting your good image Tears
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2012, 09:58:31 pm »
+8
YOLO
On the contrary, we are all immortal in Calradia, but good spirit nontheless.
So basicly your declaring war on KUTT? Or am i misunderstanding something here?
Yes.
I prefer threads with maps in them.  Also, that graphic is kind of weird since you guys mostly play ranged and only have like 1 cavalry guy.  Either way, I look forward to the exp
We all have our preferences. Also the graphic is closer to the start then the modern Brigade, and the EU side has numerous Cavalry. Additionally, the NA side still does not have much range compared to what people were used to, and we actually mostly play heavy infantry now (which is ironic). Regardless the graphic is pretty fitting to represent the coalition as a whole considering the Great Khans and HRE and Fallen Brigade have a great deal many cavalry together, it is just the NA side that is a bit of an anomaly *shrugs*.
A TL:DR version would of been nice tears. ;) I've read it and still don't understand it!
We are performing according to our RP and declaring war on KUTT.
COA guys in the lower left corner  :P
The NA* Coa  :wink:
I thought the same thing, when does Tears have a spear...ever?
Literally every other map now for the last month considering a quarter to a third of the server population has a horse. Warspear/Fauch/Pitchfork due to me having an intense disliking of being bumped to death. Sadly I'm finding myself using it more then my scimitar during peak hours.
:cry:  Soooo is this a war? or a slaughter I haven't figured it out yet.
All wars are slaughters, I can't remember the last time I saw an "even" war in strategus from beginning to end.
I wouldn't say anything but it's pretty obvious that you have no reason to take Reyvadin beyond personal greed.
Greed, bloodlust, boredom, survival considering our neighbors and the future of the area, acknowledging orders from the one true clan BIRD CLAN, and also being tired of peace and a lot being tired of numerous (4+) times KUTT has chosen to attack us and THEN discuss with us instead of the other way around and generally leadership not being amused with your impulsive stance on diplomacy with us. Attacking MarktPlatz and the following accusatons and how it was handled was the start to a downward mess unfortunately.  :( 
Cant  Na fallen do without EU fallen?
What? All Coalition members in NA Lands are living in NA, including the HRE members present.  :|  Everything we have been doing has been without EU Fallen.
Considering I was robbed by fallen, made a deal with them which was reneged on, I think I know what side to merc for.
The attack was a mistake. However, you reneged on the deal not us. The deal was that you would make sure that no one would sign up for the battle and we would return your crap. I signed up for that battle and so pray tell why then did we have to slaughter a bunch of people, so that is entirely your fault and you reneged, not us.
This does NOT look like an empty roster.

My most excellent vision of uniting all of NA into following the Godking Partyboy is coming to fruition.
HOLY WAR!

Honestly, people have already made up their minds about us. Whether we remained neutral, chose one side or the other, we would have had people posting their approval and dissaproval, so in the end we just need to do what is best for the clan as well as consider who has treated us in what way. BIRD and FCC have always been nice to Fallen and never did us any harm, I apologize for anyone who is offended by our decisions, but there is no way to appease everyone. Literally ever war and every side has been attacked on the forums for every action, so there is no use in trying to please everyone. Enemies will still hate us, regardless of our actions. Naturally we will be more friendly towards a side that has always been communicative with us and has worked well with us in the past, then a side that has on numerous occasions attacked us before talking.

We are remaining true to our RP and are following the wishes of the Democratic Meritocracy that is The Coalition. This is our declaration of war. Take it or leave it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 10:21:16 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Garem

• Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • The Black Company forums
  • Faction: The Black Company
  • Game nicks: Garem_BlackCompany
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2012, 10:15:16 pm »
+3
I'm the trademaster for NA Fallen. We were supposed to have an open trade agreement with KUTT.

We've lost about 4 trade caravans since this started. Two of them were to KUTT.

50% of our trade losses (and recovering only about 60% of lost assets of troops/gold). The decision to go to war wasn't a hard one, and based on pragmatism. Hopefully we can get finally something back for these losses.
The Black Company's Strategus Trainer
http://forum.melee.org/faction-halls/black-company-recruiting-na/
Forums: http://nadeathsquad.freeforums.org/
Formerly of the Fallen Brigade, Homeys4Lyfe

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2012, 10:19:11 pm »
+4
Silly tears, I don't hate you. I just find it odd that you choose now... of all times to choose from to attack  :|

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2012, 10:22:48 pm »
+11
you guys need to kutt it out

(click to show/hide)

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2012, 10:23:27 pm »
+1
Sigh I need to get on the brattle servers more :/ stupid school...
Well good luck fallen, murdering people is always a pleasure.

And smooth shouldn't that be in a spoiler( I've read the books) for those who haven't read them well never mind that was explained pretty early on and everybody hates them lannisters any how.

My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2012, 10:31:12 pm »
+3
Silly tears, I don't hate you. I just find it odd that you choose now... of all times to choose from to attack  :|
I don't hate you either  :cry:  Honestly I've always had grand fun playing on the servers either with or against KUTT, and love your TeamSpeak server and everyone in it. KUTT has always been one of my favorite clans due to how polite and easy going and fun everyone is in it. Unfortunately Strategus is another game entirely (One of the many reasons why I hate playing it, stab someone in Battle and it is grand fun, stab someone in Strat and people make grudges) =\

I find the time to attack also odd, but it did come after literally over 6 hours of discussions yesterday not even counting the previous talks and arguments so rest assured this was not an impulsive decision. We felt that the future of the NA Coalition depended on us acting now instead of continuing to idly stand by or take on random small merc contracts. That combined with the GodKing Partyboy summoning us meant that we had to act.

Also, ban Smooth for spoilers of GoT, we ban people in server for that and here he is obviously griefing and attempting to derail my humble diplomacy thread. Ban He, Mute He, Wipe those posts!
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2012, 10:51:57 pm »
+5
will probably have even less respect for you when its over for being opportunist cowards.
Sounds like we're doing our evil right. And this certainly is a good opportunity to improve our trade of cute, fluffy, evil Zagush kittens, which is all I'm really concerned about.
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2012, 10:56:01 pm »
+2
lol he posted spoilers? glad i don't read his pointless posts anymore. But he he should get a warning or ban for that. Not like he's completely derailing the thread as well.

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning