Author Topic: The Coalition Marches Onward  (Read 11363 times)

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
Re: The Coalition Marches Onward
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2012, 04:31:18 pm »
+3
I think one of the largest things that hurt us this Strategus was how much influence was put early on on having many fiefs--and that was something that due to S&D mechanics seemed very relevant and something very pertinent to do. We capitalized how we could, and had we been left unattended perhaps 2-3 more weeks, then yes, each of those fiefs would be fully-fortified and armies would be amassing, so it's probably a good move by FCC (and now Fallen, fuck those guys) that they are making a move on us instead of a month from now because it would be a different story.

Back to my point however, the mentality (and partially was me and Tugboat's fault) was to gather gather gather instead of gain. We also made the mistake of putting people as heads of fiefs that just had no business doing so. But ultimately, to put in easy terms; We bit off more than we could chew. At least early on. Had we kept these fiefs uncontested longer, then it definitely would have been easier to sustain ourselves. Its why we started taking on Vassals so they could run fiefs we couldn't even manage to find members to run.

In hindsight, yes, I would have stuck with our original claims. We ourselves were guilty of greed, but it came at a time when most things could be solved with words and not weapon, and while it sounded good at the time, and looked great to see ourselves own so many fiefs--I knew in my heart it was a mistake, but was too caught up in false-success to say so.

Perhaps if we are not wiped, then what few fiefs we have will give us a fresh start to begin again. Though far behind other clans, we may be able to do at least something to keep the small portion of us interested around.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 04:34:56 pm by Tank Burner »
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2012, 04:33:43 pm »
+1
Wasn't my fault! I'm not the boss!

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2012, 04:34:45 pm »
Turbo, please, let us not remind the forums here how your clan got shutout 15-0 in a 3 map, first to 5 each map scrim against us in your server, with your rules against KUTT. Oh wait, guess we just did.

You guys only went to war with Hospitallers because they wouldn't ally with you guys against us, and with such a weak showing in last strategus, it's no wonder they chose differently.

lol you aren't doing so hot in strat when you can't just crutch stacking 55-70 armor vs people under 45, and have to use some brainpower instead.

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2012, 04:39:08 pm »
+4
Turbo, once again, please.

We played by the same rules, the same armor requirements, the same weapon requirements, and the same amount of players as you. You guys just got outplayed and dunked on. It's a fairly simple concept, don't attempt to twist it in any way that favors you because it will only give me a fit of giggles.

Sure, not doing to hot in Strategus, we did fairly well last time around and yeah it's a shame we're not getting there this time. But let me remind you, we did an honorable thing of lending a hand to a clan that was otherwise (and is continuing to) being dog piled on. Before we allied with Hospitallers, there was talks from many people about "Hey, let's just gang up and go beat on Hospitaller." Even I made propaganda for it to happen, so I can't say I wasn't partially guilty. But I realized that I would rather help someone largely outnumbered and go down with honor, than be like everyone else and pat my own back at the end of the day because no one else will for me.

I would rather take a harsh beating in Strategus, than lose my honor because I chose to be just like the rest of you.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2012, 04:46:42 pm »
+2
I was involved in Strat 3 Gristle, at the time I was in LL which were apart of Hospitaller and am basing what I say almost entirely 3rd party off of what others say. So, I may be misinformed, but this is the way it was always presented to me, and until recently that was the first time any of you stood up and said differently about it and since then I have stopped. Up until then, I was only taught it was a GTX, so forgive my ignorance to your side of the story.

Hosp would call it a GTX because our factions were even more outspoken against each other back then than they are now. I have personally tried to say the truth every time it was brought up. About half of NA was bored with strategus during 3.0. Hosp were part of the other half. We didn't lose any big battle or anything like that. We just got bored of tradegus and played other games (TOR specifically had just come out). Sold our fiefs and everything. Anything else you heard was propaganda.Why do you think Hosp is getting so much hate now? Have you really believed everything they've ever told you? Look at all of the "promises" they've made to other clans in poor attempts to prevent battles and wars (which has finally come back to them). The FCC has been trying to battle their propaganda machine for a long time. I can't be any more honest than than that.

Just because you call yourself a good guy doesn't make it true, and Hospitallers have never been good guys as far as I've seen it, nor has anyone allied with them so far. More than anything else, I guarantee that's why FCC's against you. You'd have been better off staying a neutral faction.

I am not a good or bad guy. I just try to war against lies and bullshit.

Man we lost so many goons, myself included at the beginning of strat 3 it wasn't even funny thanks to Strategus 3: chadzonomics and the Crafting Simulation Game

I know, man. We never really recovered from chadz' advanced gameplay.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 04:51:39 pm by Gristle »

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 29, 2012, 04:49:09 pm »
+3
this war is looking pretty dire grim and stupid at this point but dont worry there's still one thing left in the deck..

My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 29, 2012, 04:52:55 pm »
+2
I hear ya Gristle, and I know you may not have been around to know this, but KUTT was actually against Hospitaller during last season's Green vs. Red (HOLIDAY!!) war. We sided with Chaos and LLJK and a few other factions to fight against Hospitaller and during that time Hospitaller never did anything directly to give us reason to ultimately hate them with the exception to a few of their members just being cumsnorters and ballsquires.

This Strategus we were excited for your return and initially wanted, if not an alliance, at least a beneficial friendship with you guys but our dreams were pissed on with the Ismirala Castle deal and some of your less-mature members (we all have them) left a poor taste in our mouth about the entire deal. Now of course, we're getting a whole different taste in our mouth and it's no more refreshing.

Do I kick myself sometimes for being switch-footed on Diplomacy early on? Sure I do. I don't think you can be a good leader if you don't take time to question yourself.

However, this interrogation of myself is coming a little too late to do something major, it's either going to take a miracle, a reset, or some serious ass munching to get us out of this predicament because I hate to say it--these battles of grandeur and triumph are not going to be so great as you may expect them to be. And to a clan of members who just want to fight, and I would hope in saying so, you want a good fight, you're knocking on the wrong doors.

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #112 on: October 29, 2012, 04:54:39 pm »
+3
lol you aren't doing so hot in strat when you can't just crutch stacking 55-70 armor vs people under 45, and have to use some brainpower instead.

Most of us were wearing lamellar. If you'd prefer a rematch with an armor limit, or no armor at all, the result will be the same, if not worse, for you guys.

this war is looking pretty dire grim and stupid at this point but dont worry there's still one thing left in the deck..

I like it when Smooth posts random ambiguous cards of the metrosexual variety.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 29, 2012, 04:57:44 pm »
+2
heh w/e, believe what you want if it keeps you happy. We didn't realize an informal scrim where we had low level just-retired guys was so serious. If you're so hot maybe some day we'll see you on battle server.

All the righteous honour talk is pretty funny too, we supposed to forget how many small independent clans you wiped out or absorbed at the beginning of this strat? The  we're saving innocent Hospitallers talk is rich too, they had the highest fief:member count on NA amongst major clans and made a mistake by overreaching to conquer even more in the desert and exposed themselves bigtime. A lot of miscalculations went on here that put you into this tight spot, but please don't insult people by pretending you are some kind of freedom fighter against oppressors.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #114 on: October 29, 2012, 04:58:02 pm »
+2
Turbo, once again, please.

We played by the same rules, the same armor requirements, the same weapon requirements, and the same amount of players as you. You guys just got outplayed and dunked on. It's a fairly simple concept, don't attempt to twist it in any way that favors you because it will only give me a fit of giggles.

Sure, not doing to hot in Strategus, we did fairly well last time around and yeah it's a shame we're not getting there this time. But let me remind you, we did an honorable thing of lending a hand to a clan that was otherwise (and is continuing to) being dog piled on. Before we allied with Hospitallers, there was talks from many people about "Hey, let's just gang up and go beat on Hospitaller." Even I made propaganda for it to happen, so I can't say I wasn't partially guilty. But I realized that I would rather help someone largely outnumbered and go down with honor, than be like everyone else and pat my own back at the end of the day because no one else will for me.

I would rather take a harsh beating in Strategus, than lose my honor because I chose to be just like the rest of you.

Wow, just wow.  You were the first person to suggest attacking hospitallers and doing your absolute best to convince us to join you in your war on them, threatening to join them otherwise and likely attack us if we didnt ally with you against hospitallers who you hated so much.  Now you are building yourself up as some tragic hero Tanken - it ill suits you.  You didn't do anything substantial to help Hospitallers, just merced fro them, while stockpiling troops in your fiefs and turtling up and trying to convince everyone you were not at war with the clans Hospitallers were at war with while promising troops and aid that was never actually sent.

Just like the rest of you.  lol.  The main reason we didn't ally is because we didnt want to form a mega alliance like you did with hospitallers - all these people attacking you and hospitallers are doing it on their own because of failed diplomacy or opportunity not from any active alliances (exception NH and VE allies)  The second reason we didnt ally is everyone was convinced you could not be trusted with the two-faced diplomacy where you told us how much you wanted to attack hospitallers and how we should ally and then we find out you were telling hospitallers at same time how much you wanted to fight us and how hospitallers should ally with you. 

That is FAIL diplomacy.  You were one of the worst diplomats we have ever dealt with (about as bad as Auphilia) and a good reason why dictatorial leaders should not also be their own diplomats.  We actually got along well with Tugboat and then you mangled that by shoving him out of the way in your obsessive need for control and dominating your clan.

P.S.  Also, you have almsot 5000 troops just in your fiefs alone.  You giving up is worse then when the Northern Empire crumbled.  So what you can't have your plate armor, just buy a bunch of gambesons like most of our armies are equipped with, some basic weapons and you are good to go to take out at least 3000 of us.  Giving up just because you can't equip them all with elite gear is silly.  Just looking at the gold in your fiefs you could equip all those troops and even the population with rudimentary gear and do at least a 1:2
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 05:04:30 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #115 on: October 29, 2012, 05:00:36 pm »
+7
From a strictly strategic point of view, any objective observer who knew what factions were at war, would see Reyvadin as a ripe juicy plum waiting to be picked...makes sense that Fallen would try to take it.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 29, 2012, 05:07:57 pm »
Wow, just wow.  You were the first person to suggest attacking hospitallers and doing your absolute best to convince us to join you in your war on them, threatening to join them otherwise and likely attack us if we didnt ally with you against hospitallers who you hated so much.

Once again, your misinterpretation of my leadership and challenge towards it shows your clear insolence Kesh. I never threatened you with joining Hospitallers, I plainly stated without harshness behind it, "Look, we are either going to ally with Hospitallers, or ally with you guys. And I would prefer to ally with you." I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I'm playing some great individual, both sides would have their benefits and downsides. With Hospitallers, you inherit their enemies, you are now front-to-back with any bullet headed to them, and you're cuffed to the member who's mouth says the most. However, with that, you preserve honor with the fact that they are vastly outnumbered now, and gradually getting outdone (perhaps).

Now if we were to have sided with you (which I'm not going to sugarcoat, I would have much rather done back then), we would have a lot of great mercs, good standings, possibly some good simple-to-run trade routes, and learned a thing or two about throwing Diplomacy out the window and attacking instead. However, the downside would be, we'd be just like everyone else. We'd still be dogpiling Hospitaller, and we'd be getting a small slice of the glory cake after it was all over and when it was, we'd all hold hands until Strat 5 started and sing kumbaya and braid our beards.

You can make me out to be however you want Kesh, I know you don't like me because I call you like I see you. You can say I'm a bad diplomat, I can't argue that, it's an opinion. Early on your relations with Tugboat stemmed from the fact I sent him in my stead because I worked, or else you would have always, in every confrontation worked with myself or at least with both of us. Two-faced Diplomacy was something I didn't practice early on, I was always very straight forward and courteous when addressing you ten or so leaders, and I always laid out my cards for you to see. I made it clear what our intentions would be, and while it involved Ismirala Castle's ownership primarily, no card was left unturned as to what we wished to happen.

Also, in response to your edit, I don't think I've ever said we're giving up. Fairly certain I've said we'll go down fighting. Fallen reneged on one of the most saving factors and betrayed word they had already given, so our ultimate chance of driving you back home was thwarted. We'll muster what we can. But don't expect much.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #117 on: October 29, 2012, 05:09:39 pm »
+2
From a strictly strategic point of view, any objective observer who knew what factions were at war, would see Reyvadin as a ripe juicy plum waiting to be picked...makes sense that Fallen would try to take it.

Considering that FCC took the north of it, and I was paid to take it's Western border it left Reyvadin blockaded.  This war isn't fun anymore :( Not enough people wanna hire me wah wah wah!

also nothing against FCC, VE etc, but NA has...well Turned into EU with these wars. It's good for buisness, good for xp, not so good for the "carebear" block.

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 29, 2012, 05:16:53 pm »
heh w/e, believe what you want if it keeps you happy. We didn't realize an informal scrim where we had low level just-retired guys was so serious. If you're so hot maybe some day we'll see you on battle server.

You guys knew this was a real scrim, and had a week to prepare for it. If you want a rematch, like Tugboat said, we'll all drop the armor and go do it again. If what you say is true, and you all did retire--then you're retarded for doing so. Of course this scrim was real. Our matches with Remnant (though very short notice and impromptu) were always real, and each member remembered fiercely whether we won or lost.

I am glad to have been apart of the clan that stamped 15-0 in each of your members that were there that day's heart. Let's them know where they sit. So how about it, do it again?

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 29, 2012, 05:26:14 pm »
+1
We're not really interested in scrimming such poor sports.

We have had much more enjoyable scrims against clans like Remnant, more interesting opponents who used tactics and not just armor/str bulldoze. Doubt we'd ever get this kind of emo baggage after either, you are worse behaved than even the ATS guys who hate Diggles.