Author Topic: The Coalition Marches Onward  (Read 11402 times)

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
Re: The Coalition Marches Onward
« Reply #120 on: October 29, 2012, 05:30:45 pm »
We're not really interested in scrimming such poor sports.

We have had much more enjoyable scrims against clans like Remnant, more interesting opponents who used tactics and not just armor/str bulldoze. Doubt we'd ever get this kind of emo baggage after either, you are worse behaved than even the ATS guys who hate Diggles.

All I hear is you attempting to find reasons to not get stomped again Turbo. Keep pretending like it wasn't your idea for the scrim, and you guys didn't set it up or coordinate it. You guys came to me asking for it, we delivered, and we were very good sports about it afterward. This is the first time you've ever heard it mentioned on the forums, I am sure.

We know who the better clan is when it comes between the two of our clans. That doesn't take much to figure out. But make sure you know in your heart where you stand, much further below us. The offer will always be open, whenever you want to redeem yourselves in a scrimmage, go for it. We'll be waiting.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Smiling Daemon

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 29, 2012, 05:31:40 pm »
+4
"... dictatorial leaders should not also be their own diplomats."

I like that quote a lot.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #122 on: October 29, 2012, 05:35:40 pm »
We know who the better clan is when it comes between the two of our clans. That doesn't take much to figure out. But make sure you know in your heart where you stand, much further below us. The offer will always be open, whenever you want to redeem yourselves in a scrimmage, go for it. We'll be waiting.

Too funny, try making that claim sometime when a) you are not being wiped out in strat and b) when you step off your training wheels siege server for a few days.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #123 on: October 29, 2012, 05:39:53 pm »
Too funny, try making that claim sometime when a) you are not being wiped out in strat and b) when you step off your training wheels siege server for a few days.

I can make that claim all day, this is no way to talk to your superiors Turbo.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #124 on: October 29, 2012, 05:44:50 pm »
Turbo we were fine sports until you started talking shit.

Don't start no problem won't be no problem.

Also I had the most kills on KUTT side against you guys with lamellar and 24/15 build.

Siege also isn't training wheel server. We been battling MB and FFC a lot and big groups of HoC. We prefer objective based fun.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #125 on: October 29, 2012, 05:49:15 pm »
+2
I will purge all of you.
Turtles

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #126 on: October 29, 2012, 05:55:04 pm »
+1
I like your quote Casimir, Gnjus is a wise man.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
« Reply #127 on: October 29, 2012, 06:35:03 pm »
+3
You cant tell me kutt you are better off today Then you were four years ago then you would be if you hadent of allied with hospi. In fact from my perspective you would have a completly different set of circumstances if you just would have let things play out.

Also its funny you troll NH because they really are the reason you are getting fucked right now. Without their willingness to take hospitaller land (no doubt enhanced by your alliance with them) chances are we wouldnt be at with them, and certainly we wouldnt be in the steppes. Would fcc be fighting you right now if you were neutral? Ehhh probally. Whos side would the VE be on if we were neutral?

I told tanken on multiple occasions that we wanted the wars between clans we respected to be fair, and we would choose sides to keep that in effect.

Now i LOOOOVVVVVEEEE kesh, bale, huey, matey and most of fcc so its unlikely we would attack them unless most are mems wanted too, but let me tell you, if we were neutral and fallen pulled this shit on you to get some free land we would be marching to wipe them today. They do this every strat and it is the single most vaginus act you can do.

Offline ednos

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Alea iacta est.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swords with Friends
  • Game nicks: Sir_Ednos
  • IRC nick: ednos
« Reply #128 on: October 29, 2012, 06:51:00 pm »
(about as bad as Auphilia)

That's probably inaccurate. Different inputs, different outputs, different drama. There's a big difference between a reactionary GTX and a defeatist shrug, and I posit that the former precludes diplomacy, while the second is just a form of diplomacy that you don't like.
"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt." ~Bertrand Russell
(click to show/hide)

Offline Garem

• Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • The Black Company forums
  • Faction: The Black Company
  • Game nicks: Garem_BlackCompany
« Reply #129 on: October 29, 2012, 07:03:50 pm »
+3
let me tell you, if we were neutral and fallen pulled this shit on you to get some free land we would be marching to wipe them today. They do this every strat and it is the single most vaginus act you can do.

Huh? The only time anything remotely like this happened (and I think it's a mischaracterization of our current NA faction) was when TKOV was with us wiping the Northern Empire.

As a note, NA Fallen is distinct from the full Fallen. We're members of an ancient entity, and share that history proudly. As a recap, in reverse chronological order...

I distinctly recall Fallen fighting Hospis, Occitan, Templars, Wolves, and the UIF and getting trounced by getting attacked on all sides. After being wiped we rallied troops and armies and took Sargoth area as the UIF moved south against the Templars/Hospis and the rest of NA after that. We didn't do much else because Strat was slowly dying to carebearism. Towards the end we were trying to help Templars and Hospis build up a UIF resistance force. It never amounted to much, but it was an unusual shift in diplomacy given the historical combat between these factions. That was Strat 3.

Strat 2 was a late game build up powerbloc against the UIF that never seemed to function right. We had some great battles alongside a fledgling TKOV and our new FCC friends where, much due to Loki's trickery, we easily took out the Northern Empire of TS, ATS, and Hospitallers culminating in an epic final battle at Yruma Castle against the Hospis.

Strat 1 was the start of counter-UIF, when we were vastly outnumbered and outgunned. I barely saw this, but apparently it was great fun.
The Black Company's Strategus Trainer
http://forum.melee.org/faction-halls/black-company-recruiting-na/
Forums: http://nadeathsquad.freeforums.org/
Formerly of the Fallen Brigade, Homeys4Lyfe

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #130 on: October 29, 2012, 07:10:18 pm »
Strat 2 was a late game build up powerbloc against the UIF that never seemed to function right. We had some great battles alongside a fledgling TKOV and our new FCC friends where, much due to Loki's trickery, we easily took out the Northern Empire of TS, ATS, and Hospitallers culminating in an epic final battle at Yruma Castle against the Hospis.

Yes, your trickery is what caused Ecko to be a sperg who kept almost all of the NE gold on him. Yup all of Fallen's trickery caused the NE collapse.  :rolleyes:
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
« Reply #131 on: October 29, 2012, 07:18:54 pm »
You mean like how in strat 2 you came in and took ts and hospi fiefs that were completly defenseless? The Northern Empire had all there gear in 1 castle which was taken by fcc right away. The rest was easy pickins.

Now s3 was more directly affecting us, more than you probally think. After you got your ass kicked do you remember where you moved????? Thats right, fearichan. Our fearichan. Hospi wouldnt trade with us because of you, chaos was planning to attack us out of boredom, and fcc rage quit. This forced us to trade with lljk as our only option, which basically forced us to do watever lljk wanted i.e green vs red.

So naturally after giving you a home and taking the shit from others clans the fallen brigade would be our friends right??? Nope they jumped on the hospi/templol bandwagon to come wipe us out. Best part is when the going got tough (alburg castle massacre) you quit attacking because the free land grab was over.

I understand what you try do as RP, so you should understand how other clans think of that playstyle as well

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #132 on: October 29, 2012, 07:32:34 pm »
+2
FCC doesn't like it either Hobb. I'm doing my best to negotiate a temporary nonaggression pact so we can fight Fallen. I hope FCC can come to terms with us on it. We knew FCC was planning to attack us from the beginning, so we aren't pissed at them for it... but Fallen stabbing us in the back like this in the middle of a battle where we lost multiple villages? Super lame and I'd love to shut them down.

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #133 on: October 29, 2012, 07:40:00 pm »
Huh? The only time anything remotely like this happened (and I think it's a mischaracterization of our current NA faction) was when TKOV was with us wiping the Northern Empire.

Not true. Back in the good ole days of strat one, Templars were getting raped from multiple directions. Being our main RP opposition at the time we were all too happy to jump in from across the map and take what we could of their overwhelmed, dying nation. Was great fun. I was particularly fond of the extremely foggy peasant rape of Saramish.
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #134 on: October 29, 2012, 07:42:21 pm »
Not true. Back in the good ole days of strat one, Templars were getting raped from multiple directions. Being our main RP opposition at the time we were all too happy to jump in from across the map and take what we could of their overwhelmed, dying nation. Was great fun. I was particularly fond of the extremely foggy peasant rape of Saramish.

Actually we were at war with the Templar bloc before the rise of DRZ, so technically they were the backstabbing freeloaders even if they did most of the actual work.