Author Topic: My last post on the matter. (Please do something about Balance.) nvm patch out!  (Read 9752 times)

Offline Chasey

• Tournament Champion
  • Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Chase
Re: My last post on the matter.
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2012, 12:21:18 pm »
+17
In my opinion the player base has evovled but the game hasnt. The  general players skill has increased alot, making infantry much harder and fights much longer. I think the game should match this, and change and evolve with the player base.  The way it is now, infantry feels very stale, which is why i believe theres been a big increase in ranged and cav. Why have these long blocking fights and then get shot or couched when you can do the shooting and do the couching. Infantry isnt as rewarding as it was and thats because the game feels is slower and people are better.

A solution would be not to nerf cav or ranged, but to make infantry more appealing again, so players want to go infantry. This mainly could be done by just increasing the game speed, making things faster so were not stuck with 2 minute fights every time you meet somebody on the battlefield.
I like to fart on cold windows and lick the condensation :D

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2012, 12:23:35 pm »
It's getting a little crazy, that's for sure.

First and foremost though, they should fix kiting archers.
Yes, but not in the way that the heroes come and can harvest us like corn.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 12:38:18 pm by Deutschritter »

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2012, 12:35:11 pm »
+3
I think its time the devs release a class stat info from EU1 to end all of this speculation  8-)
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2012, 12:36:17 pm »
+4
To be honest, on low population server, especially on EU1 during morning or pretty much all weekend except primetimes, the problem is the ratio of ranged/cav to others. When there is 30 people and 17 are ranged and 10 cav, not much fun for the three poor bastards. And yes, i saw that exact setup during the last week.

As a quite long time player i am now somehow "forced" to go ranged or cav if i want to have some fun. If you say awareness fail, fuck you, how should all the awareness in the world help me, even with a long spear, manage to escape horde of horses chasing me? Nah, it wont. As an infantryman on some maps it is impossible to engage in some fight on full HP. Literally impossible. Not to speak that over last few days i have seen SEVERAL maps, where archers from one team could get easily to rooftop and rain death upon us, but from our spawn we didnt get any similar spots.

So yes, all those combined: Low playerbase, high ratio of ranged/cav on eu1, maps that actually support roofmonkeys back (in small scale).

And not to mention the worst of them all, HA/HX. Those fuckers have like 8-10 riding, which makes their bump take away 1/3 my HP in 50bodyarmor. Not to speak shield does not protect you from bumpdmg. So, yes, its fucked up. I stick to battle just cause i hate siege, but now i am thinking what to do. Switch to siege or go ranged/cav.

It is quite sad, as nothing gave me adrenaline rush as a good fight as infantryman. I played cav for like 8 generations, infantry for 20+-, did not finished a single try on ranged, but among these, the best satisfaction is killing group of enemies and moving on in battle with all HP left. Never felt like that while couching/shooting, NEVER.

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2012, 12:49:31 pm »
+5
Sadly enough, complaining and pointing over-obvious facts is useless.

We are still waiting for the august patch but devs are too focused on project donkey balls to see that their mod is dying.

archers and cav don't need a total nerf or whatsoever. they need tweaking

In my opinion :

-Stop cav and archer stacking

-Cav hybrid is too easy because of the low skill points invested : 5 riding skill is enough to use to best horse in game, i name the Destrier

- Internal horse balance : Destrier is far too god for the skill investment, courser isnt good enough, armored horses are pretty useless (lololol plated charger)

- easy use of crossbow even though you have no skill points invested

- internal throwing balance : pretty useless throwing weapons : throwing axes, throwing spears, throwing lances

- other internal weapon balancing needed

- Super archer kiting

-small weapons blocking massive weapons (yeah ok weapon stun but having an archer taking on a fucking greatsword with a hammer is retarded... but this would encourage more kiting...)

-Uber stab on 2h

-1h stab needs a rework, Have you seen the amount of MW long espada eslanova on the marketplace.

-Paul beeing (heavily) biased towards ranged

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2012, 12:58:16 pm »
+5
Can everyone please add their main char's class to their posts?
Just for the lulz :mrgreen:

As a kiting archer: OMG NERF SHIELDS!

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2012, 01:04:02 pm »
+3
Kiting-Solution: Nerf speed while using bow ( Like 1/4th or so, maybe even more), but instead let archers wear heavier equipment (Maybe 5kg or 7 on top of the existing 10 would not be so horrible) and double the amount of arrows in one stack, so archers can go hybrid with 2slot-melee-weapons. Let all players respec their wpf, so archers would have to think about how to balance their archery and melee skills.
Yes, that would be a buff to archer overall, because they might pwn you in melee as well, but probably most archers will quit their dedicated builds and go more for hybrid, and that seems like what everyone wants.

@Meow: Proud non-kiting archer! (At least when i am facing some lonely dude i can be sure to pwn in melee, the great QQers considering archery will get kited and shot, because fuck you)

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2012, 01:06:15 pm »
+3
Lactose, you have some decent points, but the way you present them will without surprise further demotivate devs to do anything.

Granted, they are slow. Slower than most developers. And when they implement something, they overlook small mistakes and either fix them within the week with a hotfix or simply ignore them. Longspear from horseback, anyone?

Take another example: Chamberkick. Great idea but poor execution. It's really buggy and it's quite hard to perform.

And stop shouting doomsday prophecy about cRPG. It's not dying. Never was. cRPG is getting neglected, though, that's for sure.

@Meow: 2-hander and proud. 8-)
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2012, 01:21:56 pm »
+8
  • Give a sensible description of the thread's content in the title, meaningless titles like "help" don't tell anybody about your problem.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2012, 01:23:26 pm »
+2
You forget strat :D Strat is a large reason why there are so many ranged popping up.

Its simple. an Archer is waay more effective in a strat battle than a 2h hero.
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2012, 01:23:34 pm »
+1
Can everyone please add their main char's class to their posts?
Just for the lulz :mrgreen:

As a kiting archer: OMG NERF SHIELDS!

As a dedicated shielder, game is totally balanced from my point of view. I love eating archers.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2012, 01:25:53 pm »
+2
Lactose, you have some decent points, but the way you present them will without surprise further demotivate devs to do anything.

over all these years I'v been happy about the game and devs work knowing their are doing it for free. I'm just dissapointed to see crpg neglected for something else that has raised no interested in me so far. Maybe it will blow our minds, will see. but...c-rpg plz...

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2012, 01:30:25 pm »
Nerfing is not the way.

Make medium armor not affect archery, and non kitting archers will arrise.

Offline Renegat

• Baron
  • Renown: 105
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2012, 01:32:21 pm »
+5
As a dedicated shielder, game is totally unbalanced from my point of view. Ranged aren't op, they are just too many, lancers are op and are too many.

I would have gave some arguments some months ago, but it's useless to bother now, everything has been already said and nothing happened.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 04:26:56 pm by Renegat »

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2012, 01:32:48 pm »
Maybe my idea wasns't that good.
What's important is to not make nerfs that decreases the gap between good and bad players, making the game less skill based.
For example accuracy of archers and maneuverability of horses.