Author Topic: My last post on the matter. (Please do something about Balance.) nvm patch out!  (Read 9772 times)

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
Dear devs.

Please nerf Archers, Xbows and Cav.

Battle is nearly unplayable at the moment. The amount of the above mentioned classes has made infantry either flock to Siege, quit the mod, or joined the Cav and Archer zombie horde. It is a vicious circle growing stronger every day 1 infantry player quits/transforms.

We are loosing players fast on battle, and it seems to be mostly infantry we are loosing..

It is high time to set the 2 most boring, skill-less classes back in the back-seat where they belong, and balance the mod primarily for INFANTRY.

If you are out of imagination:
(click to show/hide)

Because we don't have that many players left, and many of them are cav and archers (!) we should give free respecs with the changes.

Balancing is a continuous process that is only finished until players/metagame develops and becomes stale. (Like now) This is when we need active balancers with fresh eyes to take a look and see what can make gameplay better.

Please hire some active balancers if Paul can't be bothered.. (i.ex Tydeus if he wants)

EDIT: Yeah I know I will get heat for this, because.. surprise surprise, eventually only cav and archers will be here to lobby for their classes!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 03:29:23 pm by Thomek »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
Re: My last post on the matter.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 05:04:34 am »
+1
lets wait for warband 2.0

I can't agree because I can handle eu1 nowdays, but if new players cant find that game funny that is really, really bad.

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 05:38:35 am »
+10
A conquest game mode with multiple objectives/tickets would solve all the ranged/cav problems, just like how ranged/cav aren't a problem at all in siege because the game mode doesn't facilitate that style of play. Conquest would essentially be a siege/battle hybrid where you primarily need melee to contest points yet the maps would be open enough for ranged/cav support to be viable. In battle the objective is to kill every single player on the other team which promotes lame playstyles ala "pewpew from far away and then kite with 7+ athletics if anyone gets close."

(click to show/hide)

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 06:00:05 am »
+5
What's up with all these Conquest fanatics? I totally agree with you, but I don't believe it until I see it happen. The devs have merely adjusted a +1 cut damage in half a year and you expect conquest to come?

Would be great with new game modes and all, but my post is about practical solutions now. Not about some fantasy castle in the sky.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Andy

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Snow_King
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 06:03:22 am »
What's up with all these Conquest fanatics? I totally agree with you, but I don't believe it until I see it happen. The devs have merely adjusted a +1 cut damage in half a year and you expect conquest to come?

Would be great with new game modes and all, but my post is about practical solutions now. Not about some fantasy castle in the sky.
I still say that their "secret" project that is taking up all their time is that they have been hired to do the native multiplayer for Mound & Blade bannerlord.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 06:53:57 am »
+5
Dear devs.

Please nerf Archers, Xbows and Cav.

Battle is nearly unplayable at the moment. The amount of the above mentioned classes has made infantry either flock to Siege, quit the mod, or joined the Cav and Archer zombie horde. It is a vicious circle growing stronger every day 1 infantry player quits/transforms.

We are loosing players fast on battle, and it seems to be mostly infantry we are loosing..

It is high time to set the 2 most boring, skill-less classes back in the back-seat where they belong, and balance the mod primarily for INFANTRY.

If you are out of imagination:
(click to show/hide)

Because we don't have that many players left, and many of them are cav and archers (!) we should give free respecs with the changes.

Balancing is a continuous process that is only finished until players/metagame develops and becomes stale. (Like now) This is when we need active balancers with fresh eyes to take a look and see what can make gameplay better.

Please hire some active balancers if Paul can't be bothered.. (i.ex Tydeus if he wants)

EDIT: Yeah I know I will get heat for this, because.. surprise surprise, eventually only cav and archers will be here to lobby for their classes!

Move to North America. At least here we have enough players that detest ranged and cav enough to form a solid, unwavering block of infantry.

You'll have to get used to the higher strength requirements to play with the big boys, though. Your 15/24 builds will get demolished by 27/12 baddies.

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 08:50:12 am »
+7
there's still a ton of ranged and cav on na though, it's pretty common for fully half of a team to be ranged, hell last night there was a 12 on 12 where me and one other guy were the only ones on the team without some kind of ranged weapon.

i don't think that ranged and cav are overpowered, necessarily, it's just that there's no real reason to go straight inf if you are powergaming

i think the problem with cav is basically that you can easily make a cav build that's only slightly disadvantaged in melee, guys getting dehorsed and then popping up and slaughtering the person who killed their horse is a common thing. see: cyranule, san, lubu obviously they're very good players and are going to do well regardless but playing as cav should be more of a commitment than +4 riding -2 wm -2 ps/if

the problem with ranged is that the absolute shittiest ranged player can kill the absolute best infantry 1v1, even 1v2. add a large speed penalty for a couple seconds after shooting, or make the archer gear heavier. also add an xbow skill. make it so that if you carry one alongside a shield or 2 slot weapon without any skill it doubles/triples break chance *and* maintenance cost
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 08:53:35 am by a_bear_irl »
FREE ALLERS

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2012, 08:55:00 am »
+2
Could always just revert back to hybrid crpg...
Pock gobblers

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2012, 09:09:03 am »
+1
aint EU1 only cav/ranged server?

well now siege is better ranked then battle in skill way

Offline Wiltzu

• Sceptical
  • Duke
  • Renown: 665
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarin_Wiltzu
  • IRC nick: Wiltzu
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2012, 09:10:53 am »
When in Rome, live as the Romans do; when elsewhere, live as they live elsewhere.

Kaikki on tasa-arvoisia. Toiset on vain tasa-arvoisempia kuin toiset.

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2012, 11:56:18 am »
To begin with, Thomek is one hell of a ranged/cavalry hater.
If you haven't figured out why already it's because he lacks the skill to play anything else but 2H.
The reason he can't handle fighting ranged and cavalry is because he has no awareness and no sense of teamplay.

With that said, Thomek is biased as hell.

Anyway, Thomek is right. Something needs to be done soon or this mod will die.
But nerfing is absolutely not the way to go. Too many players have already left this mod because of nerfs.

What I suggest instead is a limitation of certain items.

Example: 50 vs 50 players

Max 5 archers in each team with a bow above "short bow".
Max 5 cavalry in each team with a horse above "sumpter".
Max 5 throwers in each team with a throwing weapon above "difficulty 1".
Max 5 crossbowmen in each team with a crossbow above "hunting crossbow".

A horse crossbowman counts as both cavalry and crossbowman.
A horse archer counts both as cavalry and archer.
A horse thrower counts both as cavalry and thrower.

People getting valour should be able to take any equipment no matter if there are already enough ranged or cavalry in the team.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2012, 12:01:52 pm »
+4
I don't agree with your suggestion on how to nerf cavalry, but in essence this needs to be done. Battle is horrible to play compared to Siege.

Thing is, Conquest would very likely fix those issues no matter how done exactly. Balance changes are much harder to tweak correctly in order not to be too soft or too harsh.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 12:06:29 pm by Kafein »

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2012, 12:06:48 pm »
+6
I agree that something needs to be done, but IMO leave archers alone. They're already weak enough.

Cavalry on the other hand is the class for dominating battle.

As I already suggested before, remove couching from all lances but the Great Lance and the Jousting Lance. At the moment, there's little reason to use Great Lance unless you're not a lancer.

Also, @Riddaren: Possibly the worst idea yet on balance. That would kill diversity so much it's unbelievable, not to mention that 90% of people won't be able to use their heirlooms. Simply big no to you.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2012, 12:19:29 pm »
+7
It's getting a little crazy, that's for sure.

First and foremost though, they should fix kiting archers.