Author Topic: Star Citizen  (Read 114375 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1016
  • Infamy: 2530
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Star Citizen
« Reply #1125 on: December 17, 2015, 05:11:33 pm »
You remember when they were called by Escapist (source: Derek Smart) to be racists? Since then, in their weekly shows there are one token black guy/girl and token Asian. In another (failed) attempt to fix their public image, they have shown Million Mile Club footage during anniversary livestream, featuring black bouncer :mrgreen: (someone thought that was good way to show they aren't racist...) Recent development on that front can be seen in most recent promo video, where you're looking at pupil of black skinned character.

Now remember when SJW called Daniel Vavra to be racist because there aren't black skinned characters in middle age Bohemia? How that ended? It's all about the style baby, and integrity :wink:

Pretty standard business practice to try to beat your competition, don't see anything wrong in it. I had a lol at the size of the moon as well, though.

Nothing unusual, I agree. But they claim to be open development, they think they are better than "evil publishers". There wasn't an occasion in past three years CR didn't mention it. That created mantra in heads of backers, where some who are tens of thousands of dollars deep in this project, said they'll ask their money back if CiG runs out of money and seek help from big game publishers. Wonder who is going to pay them back and how...

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: December 17, 2015, 05:22:27 pm »
As expected, all of Leshma's reasons are just vague feelings and retarded observations ("they didn't focus on the currently blank terrain of the planet!!! how dare they showcase it in a positive light!!!").

Not a single actual, factual, reason to be skeptical about SC in his posts.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline enigmatic_stranger

• King
  • Renown: 1118
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: December 17, 2015, 05:30:33 pm »
I think claiming the whole Star Citizen thing is a fraud at this point is as ridiculous as the size of the moon in the planetary landing video.
What is so ridiculous about it? That it's big? It's a binary planet system then, like our Earth-Moon system according to ESA.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2450
  • Infamy: 1714
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: December 17, 2015, 05:45:23 pm »
As expected, all of Leshma's reasons are just vague feelings and retarded observations ("they didn't focus on the currently blank terrain of the planet!!! how dare they showcase it in a positive light!!!").

Not a single actual, factual, reason to be skeptical about SC in his posts.

Won't deny any of that, because to come across actual Star Citizen fact is like searching for a needle in haystack. You seem to claim dealing with factual info, but won't pursue that further. Prefer you being in jolly good mood for Christmas and not sulking in a corner after a lost argument :)

But I have to ask why are you reacting in such emotional way to my postings, padawan logician?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: December 17, 2015, 05:48:59 pm »
Won't deny any of that, because to come across actual Star Citizen fact is like searching for a needle in haystack. You seem to claim dealing with factual info, but won't pursue that further.
Yes, I'm dealing with factual information. Show me something non-factual I've said that wasn't presented as an opinion? Yeah, that's what I thought.

But I have to ask why are you reacting in such emotional way to my postings, padawan logician?
I'm not; you're projecting. If you weren't so emotionally invested in this yourself, you'd realize I've called out people's bullshit aggressively on every subject.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #1130 on: December 17, 2015, 06:42:40 pm »
This game going to be like rome 2. Mostly there, but needing 1 year of patches to be the "promised messiah."

And, no one would be able to get money back cause the game "Is released as intended."

Have no money on it as Early Access = Bad Idea.(Pre-orders too, now. Stopped doing that as well.)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: December 18, 2015, 02:41:12 am »
Star Citizen's already been worth the money I've spent on it. Arena Commander, Arc Corp, hangar, racing, now 2.0 with quests and FPS, definitely worth the minimum asking price.

Having a lot of fun with 2.0. It's been running really smooth today. And it's seriously awesome to just watch the space and planets in this quality, then standing in the shadows on some space station watching a massive dogfight above you... and ambushing the winners with an assault rifle when they land. If you can stomach some crashes (average game time around ~70-90 minutes if you know to avoid certain things), it's worth it already. Or if you're just into dogfighting, Arena Commander rarely if ever crashes.

The ships+EVA element adds a lot to FPS, enemies could be in literally any direction; and you can use any direction to approach as well.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1811
  • Infamy: 381
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: December 18, 2015, 04:13:41 am »
Are you watching The Expanse?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: December 18, 2015, 04:18:04 am »
No, but someone actually said that it's like Star Citizen the series. Why?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #1134 on: December 18, 2015, 04:37:25 am »
I read the book. People seem to be really liking the series, will check it out too eventually. It should have some cool shit in store.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1808
  • Infamy: 1899
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: December 18, 2015, 05:38:24 am »
No, but someone actually said that it's like Star Citizen the series. Why?

Design. Ships, interiors, decals, suits, helmets, GUI screens, audio, music, even things like space physics scream Star Citizen. If they slapped Star Citizen story and characters on it or Star Citizen embraced their lore and story I wouldn't be able to tell a difference.

Have you seen Terra Prime concept art with that greenhouse tower? There is a very similar location in The Expanse.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: December 18, 2015, 07:18:41 pm »
Star Citizen made more money this year than any previous year, despite Derek Smart's 100 tweets about how the funding is dying and how they've made a lot less in 2015 than previously. Yet another blow to his "credibility."

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/3rs5vq/compiling_a_list_of_predictions_and_allegations/

Not that any more blows were needed.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1908
  • Infamy: 2685
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: December 18, 2015, 07:31:41 pm »
That sub lel. Only worse place on reddit than /r/starcitizen. Somehow everybody who's involved in this is equally horrible: cloud imperium, dsmart, goons, whales, cultists and of course me idiot who spent huge portion of his time following this shit. All of us deserve most horrible death imaginable, may God bless our souls.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: December 18, 2015, 07:42:42 pm »
What makes that sub horrible? What makes CIG as horrible as Derek?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 760
  • Infamy: 2497
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: December 19, 2015, 03:49:11 am »
New PTU, even more fuckups. Guess thats how alphas of an pre-alphas work.