Author Topic: Knights Hospitaller declares war on Hero_Party  (Read 8903 times)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: Knights Hospitaller declares war on Hero_Party
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2012, 10:04:18 pm »
+1
Funny. I heard this rumor as well. That must have been some trade run!

I'm surprised you have the audacity to place a "claim" on 1. A castle not in the Steppe. 2. A castle surrounded by another faction's fiefs. In my eyes that castle belonged to Hero Party since Strat started.

Just come out with it and say that you want their land. Don't use this weak claim as a precedence...

//rant

Yeah, it was pretty much a given they were going to pick on the only faction near them 1/10th their size.  Also, they really wanted to support their cheating vassal and give the castle to their other vassal using the cheater (who failed to either 1) not hire anyone and have a full roster from autohiring, or 2) hire more than 5 guys 20 hours before the abttle and then hire no one else).

I agree with Syls, desert lands were for the small clans to vie back and forth with a lot of little wars since the big clans dont seem to be facing off.  Having a giant clan comprising an alliance of a 1/3rd of the map seems over the top to be attacking a 10 man clan.  At least leave it to your vassals alone.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Inglorious

• Earl
  • Renown: 497
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Courage is our shield
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Banana Republic / Chevaliers
  • Game nicks: IngloriouslyBad / Affordable Cavalry
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2012, 10:07:41 pm »
+4
Should be Les Chevaliers, not la Chevalier ^^. Also, while I don't speak for my faction right now, I really don't like seeing any of the big faction expanding in the desert... Using vassals or not. To me the desert is where the smaller clans have a chance at surviving and having fun.

Couldn't just say, "nice poster" -_- everyone's got something to nitpick here.

We are a small clan in comparison to the mega clans out there that have been around for ages. We have received no military support till just recently within the last 24 hours, and already made it this far! I enjoy the desert, being a small faction. But hero party is the biggest in the desert, and just took another castle. Are they to big for the desert now? They have shining armies o.O I have never seen one before till yesterday. But, they aren't invincible, thank Christ.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2012, 10:19:16 pm »
hero party, though, is like 14 dudes. One of the smallest factions (by member size) with holdings in the desert, at least, smaller than LLJK, Chevaliers, Josho Shogunate, Hospitaller, Astralis.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Syls

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 15
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Veluca
  • Game nicks: Syls
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2012, 10:23:08 pm »

We are a small clan in comparison to the mega clans out there that have been around for ages. We have received no military support till just recently within the last 24 hours, and already made it this far! I enjoy the desert, being a small faction. But hero party is the biggest in the desert, and just took another castle. Are they to big for the desert now? They have shining armies o.O I have never seen one before till yesterday. But, they aren't invincible, thank Christ.

Hey, just saying . La chevalier is pretty much saying that you only got one girly knight :mrgreen:. Also about Hero Party, to me it seem like Hospitaller is bullying them by claiming a fief straight in the middle of their territory. Yes, it's for you, a small clan with less than 20 people, but it's clearly a power play by Hospitaller to take control of the desert. That Papal Guard owned that fief before only show it was planned a long time ago.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2012, 10:26:47 pm »
+5
Perhaps people are concerned about the potential power of Hero_Party due to them owning so many fiefs as well as knowing who usually signs up for their battles to help. They do have wondrous informal allies via individual members who do make them a remarkable threat when it comes to the average skill you can expect out of the average Hero_Party roster.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2012, 10:30:50 pm »
+1

Everything hero_party has attained has been strictly of our own effort. We have not receive anything from other factions aside from simply meeting someone halfway through a trade run to swap trade goods and trade agreements.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2012, 10:39:02 pm »
Hero_Party might be small, but they definitely have the quality advantage.

Very active players (some of the most active in NA)
Very skillful players (some of the best in NA)
Veteran cRPG players (some of the oldest cRPG players)
Veteran Strategus players (some of the oldest Strategus players, who have lead their own factions)
A bunch of game admins (yes this counts for something)
The most fiefs in the desert
Strongest armies currently out of all factions in the desert

It is pretty much Axis vs Allies and the Allies will win the attrition game, but they won't do it without losing an ungodly amount of resources.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 10:49:11 pm by Auphilia »

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2012, 11:01:31 pm »
I still love you all, regardless of your petty bickerings, insufferable claims, and all out war.

The

Fuck, don't kill me, please.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2012, 11:28:09 pm »
+1
oocly...sorry I couldnt be more elaborate in the first post, was rushing to get it posted before we had a huge f*cking company meeting that I just got out of (almost 3 hours long :( )

Chevaliers and Astralis are each about the same size of Hero Party, and did not have nearly the control of territory Hero_party does.  We were trying to maintain control of one of our vassals factions, and it did not happen.

Hospitallers have no plans to expand our territory into the desert, but we will certainly assist our vassals and friends in this unwarranted aggression by the Hero_Party faction.   I figured TKoV would intervene with resources (eventually) and the same usual suspects will sign up for hero_party and against the Hospitallers and our friends.  This declaration of war is not us just deciding to pick on a little guy because we think we can take their candy.  We have righteous casus belli, and are not just looking for aggressive expansion (our hand was pushed when our vassal's castle was attacked).

That being said, I have no personal ill will towards any of our enemies, our trade negotiations were unsuccessful, and this was the byproduct of that.  I foresee lots of glorious battles, and valorous fighting on both sides, and look forward to seeing you all on the battlefield.   And I do not foresee this breaking down into one side of NA's map fighting against the other side. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Xol!

• Earl
  • Renown: 428
  • Infamy: 51
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Xol_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Xol
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2012, 12:23:56 am »
+1
Since it was apparent we were going to be unable to come to terms before the battle was going to happen, I agreed to send him 10k gold, and return his goods, gear and troops (we'd compensate) for retreating from the battle and continuing negotiations.  They would only agree to continued negotiations after they took the castle.

There is absolutely no way that teleporting one of our few members to god knows where and leaving his troops and gear at the castle conveniently located in the center of our territory is worth 10,000 gold. 

We have righteous casus belli, and are not just looking for aggressive expansion (our hand was pushed when our vassal's castle was attacked).
Our trade negotiations were unsuccessful, and this was the byproduct of that.

The negotiations were unsuccessful only because of your repeated refusal to negotiate, both before and after the battle.  You promised to send an envoy to our vent server to continue negotiation last night.  No one ever showed up.  Despite this, we offered to continue negotiation after the battle, as there was obviously not enough time to hammer out the details.  We even explicitly stated we would be willing to transfer fiefs after the battle, if that was what was agreed upon.  Instead of continuing negotiation, you declared war.

You are the Hospitallers.  We have 14 members.  The premise that 'we hold all the leverage' or that we 'forced your hand' by gaining control of the castle is laughable to anyone who is even remotely familiar with NA Strategus.  Don't do yourselves a disservice by pretending we have a chance of strong-arming you into anything.
boop

Offline gunshhy

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chevalier
  • Game nicks: gunshy
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2012, 12:40:26 am »
+3
can someone please explain to me how the hospitallers are considered aggressive when the hero party attacked a castle that belonged to one of their vassals!?
are you people blind?

there was some confusion when the Papal guard was disbanded but the heroes attacked within a few hours and didn't bother to ask anyone before they did it and then instead of calling it off after it was clear they were in the wrong they took it anyway.

and don't knock the hospitallers or any of the other clans for helping new players get established in this game thats filled with people who've been playing for years

Offline Shik

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Gilmore Girls
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2012, 12:43:16 am »
+3
can someone please explain to me how the hospitallers are considered aggressive when the hero party attacked a castle that belonged to one of their vassals!?
because hospitallers sent goretooth to attack us several days before that, and having a hostile glitched castle in the middle of our territory is an extreme liability?

Offline Xol!

• Earl
  • Renown: 428
  • Infamy: 51
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Xol_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Xol
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2012, 12:50:49 am »
+2

Gladly.  We attacked an unaligned castle, found out it belonged to someone intending to join the Hospitallers, and opened negotiations with them.  There is no 'calling off' a battle.  Either you fight it and win or you retreat and lose everything.  After failing to send an envoy (which they claimed they would do last night) to continue negotiations, the Hospitallers demanded this morning that we retreat from the battle and accept the 10k pittance for giving up one of our armies in the middle of our territory, threatening to declare war on us if we did not.  We countered by asking the Hospitallers to continue negotiations after the battle, which they have gleefully refused with a declaration of war.

because hospitallers sent goretooth to attack us several days before that, and having a hostile glitched castle in the middle of our territory is an extreme liability?

Also this.
boop

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2012, 12:51:23 am »
+7
The infidels march onto our doorstep, thinking they come as conquerors.  Yet they are simply cattle being herded to slaughter at the butchery, as many factions before them.

The streets of Ahmerrad, of Samarra, of Durrin will run knee high with blood of Hospitaller pigs.  When they open their mouths, they lie.  When they open their cRPG, they get owned.  When they talk on this forum, they shit post.  When they play Strategus, they form extremely unpopular mega-alliances while making their vassals heed every beck and call to the letter, then only focus their resources on attacking clans 1/10 the size to make their internet knight's dicks harder than any UFC PPV match could IRL.

Let the community know, EU and NA, let them see what Hospitallers have been, are, and will always be.  A clan of sperglord bullies, a zerg as big of LLJK of old except not nearly as entertaining, a clan as arrogant as Ecko/ATS of yore except without any skill, a clan who exploits and cheats as much as Fallen  except without a "bad guys" gimmick to justify.

Whenever I read a post saying "UIF RUINED STRAT" or some other peasant lament, I see the truth.  At least the UIF fight fair, and use skill instead of hacks, exploits, deception, and overwhelming numbers on the smallest clans on the map.  Yet, Hospitallers do, worse then any clan I've seen.

But we already knew that, didn't we?  Now it's time for you to learn something.  What it means to get into a Strategus war.. with me.

*there was an image here, but not no more*
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 05:28:24 am by Canary »
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2012, 12:59:02 am »
+1
The infidels march onto our doorstep, thinking they come as conquerors.  Yet they are simply cattle being herded to slaughter at the butchery, as many factions before them.

The streets of Ahmerrad, of Samarra, of Durrin will run knee high with blood of Hospitaller pigs.  When they open their mouths, they lie.  When they open their cRPG, they get owned.  When they talk on this forum, they shit post.  When they play Strategus, they form extremely unpopular mega-alliances while making their vassals heed every beck and call to the letter, then only focus their resources on attacking clans 1/10 the size to make their internet knight's dicks harder than any UFC PPV match could IRL.

Let the community know, EU and NA, let them see what Hospitallers have been, are, and will always be.  A clan of sperglord bullies, a zerg as big of LLJK of old except not nearly as entertaining, a clan as arrogant as Ecko/ATS of yore except without any skill, a clan who exploits and cheats as much as Fallen  except without a "bad guys" gimmick to justify.

Whenever I read a post saying "UIF RUINED STRAT" or some other peasant lament, I see the truth. At least the UIF fight fair, and use skill instead of hacks, exploits, deception, and overwhelming numbers on the smallest clans on the map. Yet, Hospitallers do, worse then any clan I've seen.

But we already knew that, didn't we?  Now it's time for you to learn something.  What it means to get into a Strategus war.. with me.

*there was an image here, but not no more*

You have a very interesting viewpoint on DRZ and their, um, inventive usage of the exploits mechanics and laws of Strategus Calradia. Have you perhaps reviewed their history in the second great war of Calradia?  :wink:  I think there are a multitude of other Calradians who would disagree with you there.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 05:28:33 am by Canary »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.