Author Topic: 2 slot items  (Read 23391 times)

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: 2 slot items
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2011, 04:28:18 am »
Upkeep has been the biggest fail in game design of the 21st century.

You must not have played when people had 300 or more wpf and 8-9 power strike from his first fail patch.

Offline Sean_Drew

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: no faction
  • Game nicks: my secret ;-) Only 4 chars now : 1h/shielder , 2h , xbower , archer. The other 25 chars are deleted.
« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2011, 10:13:51 am »
The craziest thing is, that my melee-only char is forced to use ranged too , by the patch.

Why ?

When pikes use 3 slots, i can´t use a pike with my 1h/shielder anymore.

So what do i use , to defend me against cav ?

A medium/light XBOW , which uses 1slot + steel bolts.

I liked to put all points in 1h , but with such a patch i´m forced to put some points in xbow too.

So for me it sounds like the patch will lead to more hybrid class chars , with more ranged.

And i think there is flying enough shit through the air .... pls , let a pike take maximum 2 slots, so that 1h/shielder can use a pike after the patch. Otherwise there will be more hybrids , and more ranged.
Sorry , my english is bad ... ;-) I do my best :-)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2011, 10:26:11 am »
The craziest thing is, that my melee-only char is forced to use ranged too , by the patch.

Why ?

I liked to put all points in 1h , but with such a patch i´m forced to put some points in xbow too.

So for me it sounds like the patch will lead to more hybrid class chars , with more ranged.

And i think there is flying enough shit through the air .... pls , let a pike take maximum 2 slots, so that 1h/shielder can use a pike after the patch. Otherwise there will be more hybrids , and more ranged.

Please let me win against scissors!
- paper

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2011, 10:37:05 am »

Why ?

Pls rethink your arguments ;) How the hell this patch in any way could increase the number of hybrids.
It´s more or less the total opposite of what you said.

And perhaps try another polearm to stop horses. Pike is best for sure but other could do this work too.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2011, 10:40:42 am »
Or use a warspear with your shield, you're protected and you can stop cav.

Offline Sean_Drew

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: my secret ;-) Only 4 chars now : 1h/shielder , 2h , xbower , archer. The other 25 chars are deleted.
« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2011, 10:52:50 am »
I think you are dead if you try a warspear.

Heavy lance is just longer and hits first. So you are dead.

Correct me , if i´m wrong. Thought the only weapon long enough to hit first before heavy lance is pike. But maybe i try a bamboo spear again. But that one failed too often while i tried it.
So that the heavy lance just hits first , and because you are dead , you can´t hit the horse anymore ...

And if you use shield and spear , you must decide if you want to be protected behind your shield=block ( 2 hits and a medium shield is crushed because of the speed bonus of the cav ) , or you want to try to stop the horse = dead , cause heavy lance is longer = hits first. Maybe i try a bamboo spear again. I tried it and it sucks too often .... so i changed to pike again. I know that i have no protection against ranged, while i use pike, but i think it´s a better option against cav than be protected with shield , and use bamboo spear ...

Maybe i must try again various combinations.

Edit :

How the hell this patch in any way could increase the number of hybrids.
It´s more or less the total opposite of what you said.

And @ Camaris : Simply cause i can´t use a pike after the patch, with 1h/shield ( when pike needs 3 slots ) , so i must choose something other than pike , that hits first before heavy lance hits me = ranged = no more melee only = hybrid ;-)

Edit : Maybe i try something with throwing too , after the patch, cause i think jarids or throwing spears , or axes could kill a horsie too. But it´s totally clear that the patch will change my melee-only char to a hybrid char.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 11:02:38 am by Sean_Drew »

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2011, 10:57:13 am »
im guessing that the heavy lance would have 3 slots too?

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2011, 11:06:06 am »
I think you are dead if you try a warspear.

Heavy lance is just longer and hits first. So you are dead.

Correct me , if i´m wrong. Thought the only weapon long enough to hit first before heavy lance is pike. But maybe i try a bamboo spear again. But that one failed too often while i tried it.
So that the heavy lance just hits first , and because you are dead , you can´t hit the horse anymore ...

And if you use shield and spear , you must decide if you want to be protected behind your shield=block ( 2 hits and a medium shield is crushed because of the speed bonus of the cav ) , or you want to try to stop the horse = dead , cause heavy lance is longer = hits first. Maybe i try a bamboo spear again. I tried it and it sucks too often .... so i changed to pike again. I know that i have no protection against ranged, while i use pike, but i think it´s a better option against cav than be protected with shield , and use bamboo spear ...

Maybe i must try again various combinations.

Edit :

And @ Camaris : Simply cause i can´t use a pike after the patch, with 1h/shield ( when pike needs 3 slots ) , so i must choose something other than pike , that hits first before heavy lance hits me = ranged = no more melee only = hybrid ;-)

Edit : Maybe i try something with throwing too , after the patch, cause i think jarids or throwing spears , or axes could kill a horsie too. But it´s totally clear that the patch will change my melee-only char to a hybrid char.

Tbh if you chose to do it like this its your choice. I dont think that most of the people will take a low tier bow/ low tier xbow as secondary weapon.
Probably you cant take Sniper or Heavy X-bow with your 1h/Shield either. And just to kill horses... its not like a pike i guess.

PS: If i can stop horses with my Danish Greatsword there probably are  enough polearms too that could stop a horse in most of the cases.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 11:08:39 am by Camaris »

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2011, 11:30:38 am »
can someone direct me to the topic where all the info about upcoming patch is ? so i know what to whine about ?;]

or is all this info from IRC?

Offline Sean_Drew

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2011, 11:36:20 am »
It´s not only about stopping horses , from cav-players that are not so good, or just play simplier. It´s about the range of a really good cav-player , like Fallen_Torben for example. He knows how to be out of range from your war spear and kill you , that you don´t have a chance to stop his horse.

I just tried it with a shield/warspear combination , and it simply sucks totally. ( 3 times in a row ) . It´s simply not long enough to reach a really good cav player. And don´t say i don´t play good enough with spear , or such things , cause i played a dedicated spear/shielder for 2 gens.

So war spear is not an option.

A good cav player ( like Torben ) rides circles around you while stabbing you with his long heavy lance. You can´t reach him with a war spear.

I can stop and kill cav players that are not so good. It´s easy with a war spear. But i talk about the good ;-)

Next i try the bamboo spear.

And Camaris .... you know about the stab-reach-bonus of your 2h weap ? It has a very long reach. So you can really compare it with a long pole. I think it´s longer than a war spear, in real situations. There are some hidden bonuses.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2011, 11:50:11 am »

Why ?

Or you can take a spear for some hoplite action instead which is already decent enough to stop cav(scare it off) if you know what you're doing. I know i'm repeating what others told you, but you're repeating yourself too.

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2011, 11:50:55 am »
The problem is only with the horses with super maneuver stat that pull 9G turns. I guess the rider is well strapped in and wears a G-suit.
With most other horses you can move directly infront of them where they cannot lance you and rear them with the spear. Quite risky against a good rider, true.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2011, 11:52:20 am »
The problem is only with the horses with super maneuver stat that pull 9G turns. I guess the rider is well strapped in and wears a G-suit.
With most other horses you can move directly infront of them where they cannot lance you and rear them with the spear. Quite risky against a good rider, true.
You have a shield for crying out loud, you can just block (lancers) cav and let pikemen/ranged do their job. Why does everyone want to have in his pocket a wepaon to beat any other class in the game ?

Offline krampe

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 4
  • Count Palatine of the Rhine
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pony
  • Game nicks: krampe and the moons
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2011, 11:58:23 am »
You have a shield for crying out loud, you can just block (lancers) cav and let pikemen/ranged do their job. Why does everyone want to have in his pocket a wepaon to beat any other class in the game ?

Easy one: to beat any other class ingame :D
Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Yeah, well you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2011, 12:01:05 pm »

This.

*Round Starts*

I try to flank around on my horse, I see two shielders, well, they are shielders, let's delay them I say!

*Shielders pull out pocket pikes*

Okay, just at the last second, I evade them, meh.

*Gets oneshotted because of turning around like an idiot*

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!