Author Topic: 2 slot items  (Read 23385 times)

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
Re: 2 slot items
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2011, 04:27:56 pm »
Karma i agree with almost everything you wrote, and i don't see where is the problem with 2 slots weapon it's a much better solution than wpf requirement.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2011, 04:47:22 pm »
Honestly this patch is a great idea, wanting to take the best range in the game should force you to use something other than the best melee in the game also.

Hybrids should be a trade off, and dedicated range should have an advantage just like dedicated anything.

Also pure spec 2h users shouldn't be able to bring their whole load out into battle and switch between Long Sword, Flamberg, Pike, and Great Maul, its just rediculous.

Same thing with range users busting out huge weapons from their back pockets.

Sorry now you have to pick what you want to be good at instead of being good at everything.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2011, 04:51:39 pm »
For me this is a very bad idea. As I like to loadout realisticly so Pike, Side sword, dagger etc. Things like that.  :|

You will still be able to carry Pike+Side Sword+Dagger (2+1+1).

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2011, 05:03:46 pm »
cmpx, will the speed of short bows and hunting bows be buffed so people will actually use them again, sicne they do almost no damage and with super low shoot speed they don't go far, but they are barelya ny faster than the mid-tier bows which have both.  possibly +10 draw speed would make them relevant.

By the way +1 to the 2 slot idea, anythign that forces real tradeoffs, increases diversity, which is great.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 05:05:42 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Farrok

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Farrok
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2011, 05:19:11 pm »
ok after patch i think i roll a twohander...from patch to patch they get buffs direct or indirect where other gets nerfs.

dont see the point in range anymore...you put all your points in range get a highend (x)bow and than all you have is an runaway char with little ammo without melee capabilities ...don`t have probs with 2h/pole use 2 slots but with range weapons use them too you cant even use a onehander as range because you need 2 ammo slots to be range
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2011, 05:24:46 pm »
There was talk of increasing stack size of range weapons.

I can't confirm it or anything but I imagine they are looking at that as an issue.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2011, 05:54:32 pm »
I don't think this idea will change much, frankly. Unless all the crossbows are going to be 2 slots it will just make the crossbowmen downgrade to light and regular. The sun will still be blotted out, but by slightly less damaging missiles.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2011, 06:06:40 pm »
I am confident that when this patch appears I will be happy with the majority of how this effects the game play, I am suspicious on on thing however...
Will admin realize that the average archer will be forced to delay rounds with this new patch if they are the last man standing?

I am predicting a lot of poll bans and kicks once this patch hits...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Sean_Drew

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: no faction
  • Game nicks: my secret ;-) Only 4 chars now : 1h/shielder , 2h , xbower , archer. The other 25 chars are deleted.
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2011, 06:19:57 pm »
I heard that pikes will need 3 slots after the patch ...

Anyone an idea what weapon we should use against cav , as 1h/shielder ? Shields break very fast with the speed bonus of cav and heavy lance. Don´t want to use throwing shit.
Sorry , my english is bad ... ;-) I do my best :-)

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2011, 06:21:51 pm »
I suggest xbow, but just a light one.... or a bow, but just nomad... nah, you will have to do with 1h and BE FAST!!! Or, if you have doubts, learn to play :twisted:

(that is what you will hear as an answer depending on who gives you one)

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 06:41:16 pm by Erasmas »

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2011, 06:23:58 pm »
Honestly this patch is a great idea, wanting to take the best range in the game should force you to use something other than the best melee in the game also.

Hybrids should be a trade off, and dedicated range should have an advantage just like dedicated anything.

Also pure spec 2h users shouldn't be able to bring their whole load out into battle and switch between Long Sword, Flamberg, Pike, and Great Maul, its just rediculous.

Same thing with range users busting out huge weapons from their back pockets.

Sorry now you have to pick what you want to be good at instead of being good at everything.
:)

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Sean_Drew

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: my secret ;-) Only 4 chars now : 1h/shielder , 2h , xbower , archer. The other 25 chars are deleted.
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2011, 06:32:15 pm »
I suggest xbow, but just a light one.... or a bow, but just nomad... nah, you will have to do with 1h and BE FAST!!! Or, if you have doubts, learn to play :twisted:

You suggest me a light xbow ? That would lead to more ranged shit in the air ...

That is what the patch is for ?

No serious .... what weapon should 1h/shielder use to defend from cav ? Don´t say my 90 ranged weapon ;-) I think heavy lance is longer ;-) I can´t take a pike any longer if this thing will take 3 slots.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2011, 06:35:00 pm »
I think either throwing or light crossbow are your only real options. Other ones might include the lighter spears but the pike would be off the table.

No more pocket pikemen lol.

This patch is a huge deal for balance all around I would say.

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2011, 06:37:09 pm »
You suggest me a light xbow ? That would lead to more ranged shit in the air ...

That is what the patch is for ?

No serious .... what weapon should 1h/shielder use to defend from cav ? Don´t say my 90 ranged weapon ;-) I think heavy lance is longer ;-) I can´t take a pike any longer if this thing will take 3 slots.

This is another reason why this patch will do more harm than good. This "slot change" will cause more than just "nerfing hybrids".

To tell you the truth - I have no idea. Since polearms will require 2 slots at least and sensible ranged stuff is out of bounds for 1h chars. You have a good point here, and I'm with you man, if you did not get that...

BTW - will the Heavy Lance take 3 slots (it is pretty long)? Then you need to add some indian animation for a cav to hide behind the back of the horse agains arrows. And 1h only if if the horse is dead....

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 06:58:08 pm by Erasmas »

Offline Sean_Drew

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2011, 06:41:51 pm »
Ok .... thx .... i think i must take xbow ..... hate that ...

I have a dedicated xbower already .... now i must go hybrid with my 1h/shielder .... shit patch ( sry ;-) )

Edit :
Hey .... i have a solution for all 1h/shielder .... hide on the rooftops , where you can´t be reached from cav .... but you must share the little place up there with the other 25 archers and 1h/shielder , who are waiting for the cavmen come up to the roof too ;-)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 06:45:47 pm by Sean_Drew »