Author Topic: How the hell is 1h underpowered?  (Read 4170 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: How the hell is 1h underpowered?
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2012, 06:53:53 pm »
+5
Yeah he's right, 1h is not underpowered, it's OP because it has 200 ghostreach when stabbing, stun, and can be swapped into throwing weapons whenever necessary.
I'm pretty sure this is not exclusive to 1 handers, the ability to use throwing  :|
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2012, 08:50:46 pm »
+8
1) Onehanders are 1 slot
So are quite a few 2h
2) They can be used with shield
So can quite a few 2h, and while they use 1h wpf while using a shield it's not like shields are that great at anything besides blocking arrows, and you don't need wpf for that.
3) The most expensive 1hander costs 1+k cheaper than the cheapest Great Sword (Heavy Great Sword)
Upkeep doesn't mean shit.

Zlisch, first of all you're retarded kid who is giving -1 to all posts of everyone no matter what. You're probably jelly that others have less infamy than you  :lol:. Secondly, you're retarded kid who is saying shit. Quite a few 2h with 1 slot? There is only 1 (one, UNO) 2hander which uses 1slot - Mace, there is a couple of 1handers with twohanded mode, but they're onehanded weapons afterall. Third, you're retarded kid because 2handers in 1h mode use 1handed wpf and they get like 20% penalty to damage and some penalty to speed IIRC. Forth, you're retarded kid because shields are very good things for pretty much everything - they can save you against ranged spam, any kind of spammers, HORSE COUCH in the end. Fifth, you're retarded kid because upkeep means a lot for those who use some kind of weapons constantly. Sixth, you're retarded kid because you're a kid and retarded. Enough said  :lol:

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2012, 09:00:54 pm »
+1
That's a lot of retarded and kid, Dave. :)
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2012, 09:23:34 pm »
+1
Because 1h stab is HARD

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2012, 10:09:04 pm »
+1

Zlisch, first of all you're retarded kid who is giving -1 to all posts of everyone no matter what. You're probably jelly that others have less infamy than you  :lol:. Secondly, you're retarded kid who is saying shit. Quite a few 2h with 1 slot? There is only 1 (one, UNO) 2hander which uses 1slot - Mace, there is a couple of 1handers with twohanded mode, but they're onehanded weapons afterall. Third, you're retarded kid because 2handers in 1h mode use 1handed wpf and they get like 20% penalty to damage and some penalty to speed IIRC. Forth, you're retarded kid because shields are very good things for pretty much everything - they can save you against ranged spam, any kind of spammers, HORSE COUCH in the end. Fifth, you're retarded kid because upkeep means a lot for those who use some kind of weapons constantly. Sixth, you're retarded kid because you're a kid and retarded. Enough said  :lol:
First: Once you can block half efficiently shields are more of a penalty in most situations, only good against range, and not like you can block arrows from the 100 archers surrounding you while fighting anyway, and until then you can use your 2h in 1h mode to defend against random surprise attacks.
Secondly: I only -1 the posts you make I disagree with, not my fault "you're a retarded kid" who happen to have very stupid opinions on stuff.
Third: Weapons in 1h which got 2h modes are perfectly viable 2h weapons, and they can be used with a shield with no penalty, claiming they don't work as 2h 'cuss they're in the 1h section is just you being a "retarded kid".
Fourth: You might consider not calling other people kids until you learn to spell fourth... Fifth: Upkeep still doesn't matter 'cuss everyone got endless looms and after selling 1 loompoint you can go a gen in full plate and plated charger so "you're a retarded kid"...
Sixth: You're a retarded kid because you're a kid and retarded (and because the correct way to write "You're retarded kid" is "You're a retarded kid").
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2012, 10:10:27 pm »
+3
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2012, 10:22:10 pm »
+2

Dear Tears of Destiny,
if you do not stop posting gifs I will stab you with a khyber knife. Posting gifs is Son of Odins job.
Love, Zlisch.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2012, 10:28:17 pm »
+3
Dear Tears of Destiny,
if you do not stop posting gifs I will stab you with a khyber knife. Posting gifs is Son of Odins job.
Love, Zlisch.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2012, 11:07:30 pm »
1h got low enough weight to get stunned and all weapons stun when they hit someone.
I was able to stun your wakizashi about 1/10 times when doing held overheads with a 3.5 weight long bardiche. Dunno what the fuck they did to stun, but it's pretty much a non factor. Never really had problems at all with it in 30 million xp as a 1h without shield.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2012, 12:41:03 am »
I was able to stun your wakizashi about 1/10 times when doing held overheads with a 3.5 weight long bardiche. Dunno what the fuck they did to stun, but it's pretty much a non factor. Never really had problems at all with it in 30 million xp as a 1h without shield.
Teeth, either the duel server is bugged or you're not holding properly, I got stunned 4 times today on EU_Melee.
(love you Thovex for getting that shit back up btw)

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2012, 01:21:21 am »
You only buff pierce and blunt damage weapon this way and they become even more OP and popular.
I have been focusing on my 1h a lot lately, and I am now under the impression that the best thing that could happen to melee weapon class balance, as far as 1hers are concerned, is if all weapons got a ~3 cut damage buff.
From further up the page. I don't actually mean +3 damage, nor do I mean 3 cut, as that would mean pierce and blunt weapons aren't getting changed. What I mean is roughly 5-10% more numerical damage on weapons. This would actually affect the weaker weapons the most.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2012, 02:39:00 am »
+1
So, 1h should ignore the physics of the game? And then be able to hit through walls etc? We should have less of that, not more.

I think you are being overly biased here.

The 2h animations are rather forgiving. But I find calls for making my 115 length "long axe" get stuck in walls even more a little absurd.

I think you are interpreting my words as those of a biased person.

I do not wish 1h to ignore object or teammate collisions, just that their smaller length actually matters and reduces the problem, at least when compared to 2h.

If you play siege often it's pretty evident you can make your 2h weapon model go through walls and be fine, but even slightly doing so with 1h results in blocked swings. This is most probably due to 1h overly dramatic animations.

Short lenght weapons should have the advantage of not colliding as much in walls, but currently it's almost a non-issue. And that's why 90% of 2h kills are made by greatswords.

Offline Piok

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2012, 09:17:20 am »
If you ever encounter good one handers such as Dalhi, Olwen, Renegat and some others using cut damaging 1h you will never want to buff  them :mrgreen:
But its silly that such small weapon like steelpick do more damage then slow and massive english bill :evil:

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2012, 09:22:33 am »
Teeth, either the duel server is bugged or you're not holding properly, I got stunned 4 times today on EU_Melee.
(love you Thovex for getting that shit back up btw)

MB because EU_melee is a private outdated server with older version of WSE? There is also a polestagger, disabled ability to attack while jumping with ranged weapons, etc. You should also remember that you can't stun anyone with a thrust and it's like 2 times more difficult to stun with side swings than overhead.

Offline Ptolemy

• Weeaboo
  • Count
  • Renown: 257
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
  • Game nicks: Nomin
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2012, 10:09:44 am »
You shouldn't need to know sweetspots, holds and footwork expertly to land hits with a 1h sword, it really hurts average skill/newer players who want to be a balanced shield class for mobility and survivability.

Translation: I should be able to take a 1handed sword, do awesome damage while not being very good at the game at all, put no effort into learning how to better my techniques or footwork while being able to move around as well as any agi build and survive like a str build.

Just added you to my list of "People I never need to read a post from ever again".