Author Topic: How the hell is 1h underpowered?  (Read 4157 times)

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
How the hell is 1h underpowered?
« on: September 13, 2012, 08:17:51 pm »
Besides lack range I just dont see it. And the lack of range gets compensated by speed when vs polearms/2h.

I dont really get wtf you guys talking about when you say 2h needs a bigass nerf. Ive been mainly 2h all my playtime, but ive also been 1h in a gen and few alts. Ive never felt underpowered. Id say I got same ammount of kills, even mybe bit more by fighting with 1h than 2h. 1h was buffed already. Its hits are about as powerful as 2hs and its quite well balanced currently.

Mybe yea, 1h isnt exactly the perfect tool for the job if you take on massive enemy groups and cav it cant deal with things like greatswords and mybe in a long duel the backpeddeling rangeaboozer might eventually win, but still. Its quite powerful and I dont really see how you could possibly balance it any better. Mybe its still the matter of whose infront of the screen? :rolleyes:

Offline GuiKa

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolves
  • Game nicks: Wolves_GuiKa
Re: How the hell is 1h underpowered?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 08:24:04 pm »
Well you can be as effective as a 2h with a 1h str build and no shield ...

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 08:26:56 pm »
No shield. Throwers and cbow, both basically pretty balanced. And str builds are extremely effective yes.

Offline Xol!

• Earl
  • Renown: 428
  • Infamy: 51
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Xol_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Xol
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 08:27:05 pm »
+2
Right now one handers feel like they got the shit end of the stick because their overheads and stabs got nerfed with everyone else's.  Many of them haven't realized that the new stab animations can be ridiculously good, and that literally every single melee player hates the new overheads.  They probably feel like the change to the stab is unjustified, and they'd be right, but it's not necessarily a bad thing.

Two handers aren't complaining as loudly as usual because they know (and I am a level 33 dedicated two hander) that something had to be done about the lolstab AND that the new quick stab animation is kind of stupid good if you can pull it off.  Repeat that sentence for polearms, except replace 'lolstab' with 'helicopter stab'.

tl;dr: Everyone sad.
boop

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 08:29:17 pm »
Agreed, as mostly dedicated 2h myself, I can say that 70% of my deaths in 1 vs 1 is due to fail in lolstabbing.

PS: and dont only -1 me. Explain, educate me, cause I seriuslly dont know any better.  :mrgreen: Tried both 2h and 1h for good perior of time and id say both are equal. I dont see a problem here.

Offline Doppel

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 08:53:57 pm »
+2
I think there is a reason why 80% of the players on duelservers are 2h, or why nearly all good players are 2h. Because of their animations they are very fast and they have a lot of reach (sometimes more than polearms).
It's very hard to attack a carousel spinning 2h as a shielder- you are slowed down by your heavy shield. I really dislike the fights with this class. It's just painful to have a spinning, lolfeintig enemy with a greatsword in front of you.. or behind you.. or at your flanks

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 10:52:26 pm »
+6
Lower range, damage, speed relative to damage, speed relative to range, no crushthrough.

Could go into detail but so tired of trying to explain it with all the people who still complains about greatswords being UP.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 11:00:55 pm »
+2
i sometimes get feeling that 1 h right swing is longer than danish greatsword swing......
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 11:44:50 pm »
Maybe the shield?

Overhead is much harder to use for 1h now?

I don't think it's gimp but these things could use improvements.

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 11:46:19 pm »
+4
Sure, 1h stabs and overheads may leave a lot to be desired, but they still have the fantastic left-swing.  EVERYTHING IS FINE.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Froto_the_Loc

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • CRaPGame
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Locia
  • Game nicks: Froto_the_loc
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 12:01:00 am »
+1
You must have never played a balanced 1h build.
Hooray for customization and hybridization!
Down with monotonous pure classes!

Offline Kaoklai

• Tournament Champion
  • Earl
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Free Huey
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2012, 01:14:54 am »
Its hits are about as powerful as 2hs

This is false.  The second cheapest 2h, the absolute cheapest being a wooden training weapon, does more damage than the most expensive 1h.  Oh well that's a slow, unbalanced peasant weapon you say, so it's weaknesses make up for the fact that the 398 gold 1h peasant weapon does more damage than the 10,434 gold 1h.  The cheapest 2h sword also does more damage than the most expensive 1h sword on swings, which make up  70% or more of attacks, by a massive 8.  The 1h does have significantly more damage (7) on its comparatively much shorter and less frequently used stab, but the 1h is well over twice the price of the 2h, they are the same speed, and the 1h is longer by a negligible 2.  The damage disparity increases as you look to 2h's approaching the price of the 1h.  I'm not going to get into whether I think this is a good or bad thing right now, but to suggest that 1h are nearly as powerful as 2h suggests either stupidity or intellectual dishonesty caused by weapon-class allegiance. 

Offline genric

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: HG_Genric, HG_Sentry_GenRic, A_Chilies, Beastasaurus
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 01:26:05 am »
My biggest problem is that polearms and two handers can just swing wildly from RIGHT ontop of you and it does a good amount of damage while if you try a point blank one handed attack it bounces. Overhead, stab, right, and left will all bounce from close range while the poles just club you over and over again and the long swords will just hilt slash you into oblivious while you just frown.
I am the shadow that lingers in your wake. I am four steps behind and two before you. You are trapped. Always.
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Ptolemy

• Weeaboo
  • Count
  • Renown: 257
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
  • Game nicks: Nomin
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2012, 02:08:46 am »
Yes, the 1h weapons do less damage than the 2h weapons.

They can also use a shield with them.

IMO balanced - although I sometimes find it hard to see what direction swings are going because of them having a shield that obscures their movements.

I'm not even going to get into shield and hammers/1h maces, Knockdown + omniblock = annoying as hell.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2012, 02:12:20 am »
+1
Yes, the 1h weapons do less damage than the 2h weapons.

They can also use a shield with them.

IMO balanced - although I sometimes find it hard to see what direction swings are going because of them having a shield that obscures their movements.

I'm not even going to get into shield and hammers/1h maces, Knockdown + omniblock = annoying as hell.

You know, shields are a non-issue if people would start carrying around an axe. 3-4 hits, bye bye shield.