Author Topic: Cav is a Problem  (Read 8480 times)

Offline Ptolemy

• Weeaboo
  • Count
  • Renown: 257
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
  • Game nicks: Nomin
Re: Cav is a Problem
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2012, 11:57:26 pm »
- NO NINJA CAV SOUND i wonder why thomek or corin are not plaing nijacav supersilent kiler

Because ninjas have some dignity - it's a clan rule that you cannot attack from horseback.

As a solution to horse archers, perhaps make the required proficiency for a bow be increased when used with a horse? Say.. +1 or +2 PD requirements?

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2012, 12:00:55 am »
I had today x1 all day. Enemy team always had archers and cav,we were totaly destroyed. We win one round and then loose 10.
It is total bullshit,i mean i waisted 5 hours of my life rolling with x1,getting raped by ranged and cav. This is madness,it should be stopped.
Don't care what you are gonna do abbout it,but it should be stopped and get balanced.
Today during 1 map my archer alt got killed like 5 times by a crossbowman and once by cav... Does it mean we should nerf xbows?
Bad luck can't direct changes in balance lol.

- NO NINJA CAV SOUND i wonder why thomek or corin are not plaing nijacav supersilent kiler

Also if there is too much cav, even if you have good speakers placed in proper places (as I have) you simply hear cav from everywhere so repairing sound wouldn't work I guess. I can hear horses all around me.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 12:04:27 am by BlueKnight »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Skyrim UI

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2012, 12:15:49 am »
I usualy have 3-5 kills more then my deaths,and almoust always have x5 so today i had negative or equal k:d ratio on moust maps and x1 all day.
Team was fucking retarded,there was nobody to follow,no team work,enemy had tons of ranged,and then when i thought ok maybie it is just my bad day GK come to server with 10 horsman and 5 HA. Even better players then me had negative or equal score.
Ur nord teammates had best score 7:5 k:d while one cav huy had 23:2 k:D.
It was great getting run over by mobs of HA and Lancers,then i thought lets get to higher ground or hide,but there were at least 20 ranged shooting at me,and great mob of inf comming. I had no chance to fight today.
We were destroyed in every map. Always the same,one team gets all cav,archers and good players,other team get bunch of randomers and 3-4 horses and we get raped every round.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2012, 12:19:35 am »
Blueknight you defend your class now,but when you get to inf you will see how fuckd up the balance is.
I don't have anything against cav as class,but ammount of ranged and cav is insane. I can't play.
It is destroying game.

Offline Weewum

• Count
  • Renown: 159
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2012, 12:22:37 am »
+1
Because ninjas have some dignity - it's a clan rule that you cannot attack from horseback.

As a solution to horse archers, perhaps make the required proficiency for a bow be increased when used with a horse? Say.. +1 or +2 PD requirements?
Maybe also allow Rus bow once this is in effect, which would be balenced IMO because it wouldn't have enough riding with 21 or 24 STR to get good HA skill.

Blueknight you defend your class now,but when you get to inf you will see how fuckd up the balance is.
I don't have anything against cav as class,but ammount of ranged and cav is insane. I can't play.
It is destroying game.
Funny thing is, he's right, I play archer, 2h, 1h, crossbow and cav.  I've found unless you have 39 strength cav is really easy to avoid, and if there's something wrong with him defending his class, why are you defending yours?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 12:28:32 am by Weewum »

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2012, 12:36:26 am »
avoid 20 cav on open map idiot! Is it realy possible that ppl are this much stupid?
This isn't abbout 2-3 cav guys it is abbout 20 or more cav in one team that survives to the end destroying whole teams. One team get all cav,and one none.
Are u that much stupid to don't know to read?
Here we can see 9 cav surviving to the end,and 2 more that can't be seen behind one of that ruined houses. So one team got over 11 cav and all survived to the end.
Cav was always last tonight.

Offline Weewum

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2012, 12:39:54 am »
-Snip-
Someone's mad

Funny thing was, that map wasn't open, some of the ruins clearly had elevated areas cav could not reach, the problem with cav is not their numbers, or power, or tactics, it's the failure of the player to use tactics to fight them.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2012, 12:41:23 am »
+1
avoid 20 cav on open map idiot! Is it realy possible that ppl are this much stupid?
This isn't abbout 2-3 cav guys it is abbout 20 or more cav in one team that survives to the end destroying whole teams. One team get all cav,and one none.
Are u that much stupid to don't know to read?
Here we can see 9 cav surviving to the end,and 2 more that can't be seen behind one of that ruined houses. So one team got over 11 cav and all survived to the end.
Cav was always last tonight.
(click to show/hide)
Easy there tiger...

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2012, 12:43:42 am »
+1

That's a huge nerf to HA even with just 1 extra PD requirement. HA is one of those classes where you have to be precise with your attributes in order to have a decent build. The class and how well you perform with it is very dependent on your build unlike melee.

HA's are so nerfed right now anyway I don't understand why people even hate them. They don't do well unless the person playing them is skilled. Like Disco, who evidently after the great ranged nerf with many HA's and archers complaining about it, was still able to hs people consistently. Not sure he still plays though.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2012, 12:46:26 am »
+3
Yeah HA's were pretty damn heavily nerfed. They are one of the few classes that doesn't really need any balancing at all.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2012, 12:47:20 am »
Thing is that he is trying to convince me in something,but he wasn't even there.
And he is contiuing to talk like he was there,saying shit like it is mine fault that team balance don't work and like rest of ppl are noobs that diesn't know what cav and awarness is.
Yeah you may know some martial art,but if there is 20 guys attacking you,you can't realy do much.
It is same in crpg no matter how good you are,if there is a lot of enemies you will die.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2012, 12:51:09 am »
Someone's mad

Funny thing was, that map wasn't open, some of the ruins clearly had elevated areas cav could not reach, the problem with cav is not their numbers, or power, or tactics, it's the failure of the player to use tactics to fight them.
Sadly there is no way to change the tactics player use. We can change their numbers or their power though, so let's start with that shall we?

Offline Weewum

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2012, 12:52:02 am »
Thing is that he is trying to convince me in something,but he wasn't even there.
And he is contiuing to talk like he was there,saying shit like it is mine fault that team balance don't work and like rest of ppl are noobs that diesn't know what cav and awarness is.
Yeah you may know some martial art,but if there is 20 guys attacking you,you can't realy do much.
Going toward 20 people who mean to hurt you doesn't seem like a good idea, does it?

Sticking to teammates bringing a bamboo spear or finding a good spot to camp are all valid tactics to kill cav.  One instance of cav rampaging is not really going to do anything.  The team balance does work, it puts people with very high scores on the team with less players AFAIK.

Sadly there is no way to change the tactics player use. We can change their numbers or their power though, so let's start with that shall we?
Change the amount of players using tactics? Yes please.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2012, 12:52:16 am »
Checked NA CRPG, 4-5 cavs out of 40 people?

EU CRPG had about 15 out of 40 people.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2012, 12:54:48 am »
+4
Checked NA CRPG, 4-5 cavs out of 40 people?

EU CRPG had about 15 out of 40 people.
Can't get enough riding with their 36/3 builds :P
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia