Author Topic: Cav is a Problem  (Read 8481 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: Cav is a Problem
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2012, 08:45:10 pm »
+3
Nerfing archers had unintended consequences?  Color me shocked...

Torost your common sense and logical approach will not be tolerated on the c-rpg forums.  This is your last warning.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2012, 08:46:37 pm »
+4
i think people have got this thread wrong, this is not NERF CAVALRY thread but a thread to point out that balance does not clearly work in cavalry perspectives
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Perverz

• Earl
  • Renown: 381
  • Infamy: 180
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Perverz
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2012, 08:59:17 pm »
this is medieval game?
i think cav was way strongest than other classes in that days....
and btw i think its funny to see inf in full plate jump 3 meters in air and stab horseman in the head.
BARABE:
those without the necessary properties of good in human society, coarse, vulgar and violent man, scumbags

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2012, 09:11:57 pm »
+2
Well it's just one of these temporary trends caused by the previous cav whine threads. They make people think its the fucking god mode.

Pretty much this. It's a common trend seen after heavy whine threads about one class. I remember the massive anti-HA whine thread just previous to it getting heavily nerfed, HA numbers spiked hugely just after that thread cropped up because so many were talking about it being OP. That just made the situation worse and led to a nerf.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2012, 09:15:50 pm »
+1
So your point is that the public is generally wrong and rarely knows what it really wants? Big news there. :D

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2012, 09:19:48 pm »
+4
You succesfully nerfed archery to the point where single archers are no threat to cav.
Lack accuracy, stopping power and armor to take a hit.

In the past a cav could not charge an archer straight on without risking his horse.
Now they have no fear, and they can turn and bump faster than the archer can redraw his bow.

You can't be serious. Archery at close range is shotgun tier since a year ago or something. Nobody gives a shit about accuracy when you can just hold your shot up until the last moment, and who needs stopping power in probable event of killing the horse ? That damage + speed bonus = hole in the horse, or in the rider. On top of that, the only horses that can withstand this kind of treatment are virtually unable to catch any archer playing with two hands. The most agile horses can only succeed to do so by doing a quick close up followed by slowing down extremely. But once the archer was (hopefully) bumped once, there is no way he can be bumped another time without repeating this. Even supposing the horseman maximizes his turning speed by not moving, during the time it takes him to do a complete turn the archer will have done 4 around him. And even if by luck the archer is standing in front of the horse, there's still no way to bump him since humans act as concrete walls for cav at 0 speed.

Of course this is all supposing an imaginary cav player that will for some reason charge an aware imaginary archer without external help.

So your point is that the public is generally wrong and rarely knows what it really wants? Big news there. :D

The public knows what it wants in the end, but ignore all but the simplest possibilities when it comes to implementing solutions.

Offline Jedimaster

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Buying All +3 Sabers
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Natural
  • Game nicks: Jedimaster,HaxIsaNeed
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2012, 09:28:18 pm »
Kafein is stating all facts leaving me nothing to write here :/ but i can say that for those who comes here to say this mod is MOUNT and blade mod stop qqing etc. we want a playable mod if everyone goes archer or cav people will start leaving the mod if 15 of 22 players go cav in one server this mod become unplayable im saying that even though im cav but happly to leave it if necessary or there can be atleast equal balance but i think devs should make fair nerfing or OPing the inf so people choose it otherwise crpg will die just like other fun mods of Mount and Blade or The ones at other games which i dont want..
Once a Fallen Always a Fallen.My saber has cut for fallens once now its natural but my heart is still with them even in the darkest night..

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2012, 09:32:35 pm »
Cav may be op right now, I can't know until I play one, but in my opinion, the amount of cav makes the game funnier. Even if I might take a lance to the ass anytime I try to shoot in the open.

Increase the head damage for horses, so us archers can lower their numbers a bit.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 09:46:17 pm by Adamar »

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2012, 10:06:06 pm »
Suggestion to decrease number of cavalry players

Difficulty increase & realism:
- If your horse dies and you fall of from it, you should take damage.
- If your horse gets instantly stopped by an object (other horse, a tree, a house wall etc):
  - Your horse should take damage.
  - There should be a risk of falling off the horse based on speed of horse and riding skill level.

Other:
- Increase riding skill of all horses below 5 riding by 1.
- Increase upkeep of sumpter horse (it's still a living horse...)

Crossbow cavalry

They only need 7 strength for light crossbow, meaning they are the fastest of all horseman classes, which doesn't make sense.
They are also very accurate and reloads fast. You can't escape from a crossbow cavalry which is possible versus all other horsemen really.
Solution: Increase the requirement of light crossbow to 10, 11 or 12.

Lancers

In the end, the lance angle nerf didn't make much of a difference versus footmen.
Most of all it made it harder fighting other cavalry. I'm fine with 1H cavalry getting an indirect buff from it but lance vs lance became less rewarding and also half as fun.

I suggest we bring the old lance angle back.
This will result in better cavalry players having it easier vs less good cavalry players and as a result, less players will go cavalry.

I know most, if not all good lancers agrees with this.
This was mainly a nerf which resulted in good lancers fighting bad lancers less.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2012, 11:11:00 pm »
Cav may be op right now, I can't know until I play one, but in my opinion, the amount of cav makes the game funnier. Even if I might take a lance to the ass anytime I try to shoot in the open.

Increase the head damage for horses, so us archers can lower their numbers a bit.

Well the +3 arabian already dies from 2 bodyshots so I don't know if it would make any difference. Headshot from close/medium range = oneshot. Courser isn't that much different and it's hilariously easy to hit + oh the speed bonus to that horse...

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Weewum

• Count
  • Renown: 159
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2012, 11:14:17 pm »
  - There should be a risk of falling off the horse based on speed of horse and riding skill level.
I am a cavalry player and I approve of this.

Offline Renegat

• Baron
  • Renown: 105
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2012, 11:25:53 pm »
Lancers

In the end, the lance angle nerf didn't make much of a difference versus footmen.
Most of all it made it harder fighting other cavalry. I'm fine with 1H cavalry getting an indirect buff from it but lance vs lance became less rewarding and also half as fun.

I suggest we bring the old lance angle back.
This will result in better cavalry players having it easier vs less good cavalry players and as a result, less players will go cavalry.

I know most, if not all good lancers agrees with this.
This was mainly a nerf which resulted in good lancers fighting bad lancers less.

Well, in this case, don't you think a bad lancer will just ... Avoid good lancers and go for inf ?
Plus, a thing that i remember very well from this era was that lancers could :

1) hit you at full speed (so hit + bump).
2) Stop their horse and then hit you once again while turning thanks to there large angle (all this while you're still laying on the floor).

And some other not frustrating thingies for infantry.

I perfectly understand that the current lance's angle prevent you from fighting others lancers properly, but on another side, do you think lancers will use that new weapon to fight other lancers? (which are among the more risky kills).

Such a change will certainly increase possibilities in duels between lancers, but it will also increase lancers' efficiencie in general, so they might be deadlier for infantry, and i doubt lancers (maybe not you, but most of them) will use that buff to attack other lancers and leave infantry alone (until they have killed ennemie cav at least). In my opinion, most of them will just continue to focus infantry, which will have even more difficulties to counter them with that large angle.

Offline FleetFox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 711
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fox Shox Rox
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Torr and FleetFox
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2012, 11:32:13 pm »
+1
Its good to be cav and top of the leaderboard in your screenie :P
"Its better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
― Emiliano Zapata

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2012, 11:40:04 pm »
+2
Soriously... visiting forums lately is all about seeing people crying... Less talking, more raiding guys. with my archer alt I can easily avoid and shoot cav. When it's riding straight for me I just hold my shot to the last moment and hit rider or jump aside and shoot. Even if cav is somewhere else I can shoot it and the guy is doomed. Archer is one of the fastest guys on the field of battle which allows him to avoid cav. Also horses aren't that hard to kill and you know this. As 2h or pole you can jump aside and slash horse's head because I guess you have around 5-7 athl. If you have less it's harder for you but it's still possible. It's the hardest for 1h but please... Look at blueberry with his 1h and notice that it's not that hard lol... Start thinking while fighting and stop whining it won't make you win.

I'm playing inf for most of the time and you exaggerate almost everything. Archery OP, Xbows OP, Cav OP, 2h OP, stab OP.. funny that nobody whines at 1h blunt-knockdown-dildos.

If enemy disturbs you, kill him.

Also doesn't matter how much you nerf cav, it can still backstab you lol...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 11:44:06 pm by BlueKnight »

Skyrim UI

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2012, 11:46:16 pm »
I had today x1 all day. Enemy team always had archers and cav,we were totaly destroyed. We win one round and then loose 10.
It is total bullshit,i mean i waisted 5 hours of my life rolling with x1,getting raped by ranged and cav. This is madness,it should be stopped.
Don't care what you are gonna do abbout it,but it should be stopped and get balanced.