Author Topic: Cav stacking  (Read 6812 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1081
  • Infamy: 1915
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Cav stacking
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2012, 06:52:15 pm »
+1
Stop hating on GKs. They seem like only organized clan left playing on EU1. Without them EU1 will die.

You said there's 20 of them in one team. That's one third of people playing on EU1.

EU_cRPG_1_New   56   Battle   Yes

Why don't you try to gather your clansmen to play cRPG. Haven't been online for some time but it seems Byz aren't playing in numbers they used to play before and that's why you're so frustrated about cav.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2012, 06:56:15 pm »
+2
BTW: Only way to actually fix this cav imbalance is to buff throwing, I think me, Lorenzo, and Lactose can agree on that.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2012, 06:57:52 pm »
+1
I don't mind class stacking. It's usually only for 1 map if it happens and then things get rebalanced. Clans changing things is a rare ocurrance so that can't really be taken into equation. I also have an alt of almost any class so if I see there are a high number of archers or cav or whatever on the server I'll switch to an alt rather than getting miserable over the fact I'm being shot to pieces by archers because I have no shield or frustrated with cav because my weapon is to short.

There are ways to combat any class stacking, though a lot of it can rely on team mates and I think that is where the problem lies.

sadly you like to believe that this happens on a rare occurence. But it doesnt. In the afternoon before you all came on, we had two maps in the row were there numbers as 3 cav 18 and such. Best part is that no banner balance was actually involved. I have to say it looked kind of epic at first, seeing 20+ cav ride around the village was an amazing sight but in the end it just finished in a fuckfest
Then GK came on and you didnt stay for just one map...

leshma, there's been another topic of 10 pages about this and after all that you still don't seem to get the core problem of this.

zlisch, a throwing lance is often enough to persuade them not to get close, i love watching them jump like a mountain goat to avoid a projectile  8-) But taking a head on cav charge is a high risk medium reward job
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 07:01:20 pm by Lactose_the_intolerant »

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2012, 06:58:20 pm »
But i would disagree on a certain point.stacking melee on one side wont cause to much trouble to the enemy team, they can get raped by archers cav and other melees. ranged is a problem but it can be overcome with cav and good shielders. On the other hand cav....

I don't know now, if I just didn't understand what you mean, or perhaps you misunderstood me, but I did want to say that a team which consists of infantry is not as strong as a team which consists of archers or cavalry. All players tend to attack beneficial targets, which are unaware or distracted. But due to their limited mobility and attack range (3m at the most for a pikeman) infantry has the hardest time picking beneficial targets, while you can have 50 archers simultaneously and effectively attacking a single enemy. Additional Infantry increases the team strength linearly, but additional cav and archers increase it exponentially.

I disagree on arab horse, i find it fine. what makes me more twitchy on the other hand is the destrier who is far to effective for 5 riding skill giving any infantry a ride on a the best all around horse, making him as effective as any other dedicated cav. This is why, imo there are so much cav. For me Destrier>arab>courser
Maybe destrier 6 riding skill?

I don't think that the amount of kills alone decides. I think it is what I wrote above: the better flexibility. Cav and archers are much more flexible and not limited in the choice of targets. Infantry is slow and can only engage those who enter melee range. In a game which is about wiping the enemy off the map those are not the most attractive attributes. If we changed the gamemode to something conquest-like, you would need a hammer and an anvil, a battering ram, and infantry would have its justification. But trying to hunt down someone who is faster than you and can attack you while you can't attack him is pretty pointless. That's why the number of cavalry and archers is increasing, despite all the nerfs they had to take in the past patches. And any further stat nerf won't change anything, because even with only one HP and no bump damage horses will be faster, and with only 3 cutting damage bows will still be able to attack over range.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 326
  • Infamy: 2943
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 07:02:42 pm »
+1
Only way to fix cav imbalance is to seriously think about removal of banner balance.

Question is, how many clans are active these days?

If their numbers are lower than numbers of pubbies, then banner balance should be temporarily disabled so that people who actually play the mod can enjoy it to the fullest.

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2012, 07:02:49 pm »
Only way to fix cav imbalance is to seriously think about removal of banner balance.

Question is, how many clans are active these days?

If their numbers are lower than numbers of pubbies, then banner balance should be temporarily disabled so that people who actually play the mod can enjoy it to the fullest.

I think everyone is off in guild wars, dont know how long that craze will be going on

I don't know now, if I just didn't understand what you mean, or perhaps you misunderstood me, but I did want to say that a team which consists of infantry is not as strong as a team which consists of archers or cavalry. All players tend to attack beneficial targets, which are unaware or distracted. But due to their limited mobility and attack range (3m at the most for a pikeman) infantry has the hardest time picking beneficial targets, while you can have 50 archers simultaneously and effectively attacking a single enemy. Additional Infantry increases the team strength linearly, but additional cav and archers increase it exponentially.

I don't think that the amount of kills alone decides. I think it is what I wrote above: the better flexibility. Cav and archers are much more flexible and not limited in the choice of targets. Infantry is slow and can only engage those who enter melee range. In a game which is about wiping the enemy off the map those are not the most attractive attributes. If we changed the gamemode to something conquest-like, you would need a hammer and an anvil, a battering ram, and infantry would have its justification. But trying to hunt down someone who is faster than you and can attack you while you can't attack him is pretty pointless. That's why the number of cavalry and archers is increasing, despite all the nerfs they had to take in the past patches. And any further stat nerf won't change anything, because even with only one HP and no bump damage horses will be faster, and with only 3 cutting damage bows will still be able to attack over range.

I'm not talking about nerfing stats of horse but just to limit the easy acces to cav hybrid

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2012, 07:04:50 pm »
+1
give me full lance angle and free level 48 build and put all cav in the other team. 

that would make things fair for sure : )

(click to show/hide)
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2012, 07:05:41 pm »
+1
Cav isn't the problem (it would be archers if it wasn't cav), it's that the teams are unbalanced and you have 20 cav on one side (or 20 archers) and 5 on the other team. 

We've seen this before in NA1 when you have 10 SemenStorm Horse Crossbowmen on one team, and the other team has no horse crossbow or archers. 

The balance system should TRY to balance by banner, but if one side has too few of a class, it should take from wherever it needs, in order to balance it up. 

The team balance system is the problem.  I like playing with my clansmen, that being said, our enjoyment shouldn't take precedence over everyone elses.  The only game I've ever seen a pub stomp not only be accepted, but actually encouraged, is c-rpg. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2012, 07:17:00 pm »
+1

Click me gently, I'm a link

Wouldn't that work? No need to prevent people of playing with their clanmates.  :wink:
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2012, 07:23:16 pm »
zlisch, a throwing lance is often enough to persuade them not to get close, i love watching them jump like a mountain goat to avoid a projectile  8-) But taking a head on cav charge is a high risk medium reward job
Not really, now a days 75% of all lancers got shields, and I don't ever aim for the horse due to lack of ammo, so, fix cav by giving me 3 throwing lances per stack!
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2012, 07:24:37 pm »
give me full lance angle and free level 48 build and put all cav in the other team. 

that would make things fair for sure : )
As long as you can't use a shield I'd be fine with you have a level 60 build.

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2012, 07:31:15 pm »
"Someone" has revised all the maps, removing ladders, staircases, putting up invisible walls on the roofs etc... so that there is nowhere to hide from the Cavhorde.. Most maps everyone needs to stay on the flat ground..

I am 2slot high PD archer.. I love taking out cav... but lately there has been very few maps where I do not get trampled and sqewerd like a kebaab pretty fast. All the "Good" spots are gone..

Maybe as intended... but Cav supremacy is the result....

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2012, 07:41:14 pm »
Not really, now a days 75% of all lancers got shields, and I don't ever aim for the horse due to lack of ammo, so, fix cav by giving me 3 throwing lances per stack!

meh, throwing lances are useless, they are purely to show off you have 7 pd and to inflict fear in 2h berserkers....but we will discuss that in another thread

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2012, 07:42:52 pm »
The problem is that NH players are naturally even less intelligent than Euretards.

You sound pretty butthurt cuz the only time I ever seen you in c-rpg was months ago when I reported you for shitting up NA2 by sitting around and non-contributing by building catapults.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2012, 07:47:50 pm »
meh, throwing lances are useless, they are purely to show off you have 7 pd and to inflict fear in 2h berserkers....but we will discuss that in another thread
Make the thread or I'll discuss it here.
You sound pretty butthurt cuz the only time I ever seen you in c-rpg was months ago when I reported you for shitting up NA2 by sitting around and non-contributing by building catapults.
Turbo your random "Cav is OP" shit proves I'm right.