Author Topic: The cav problem, Induced by GK  (Read 8831 times)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: The cav problem, Induced by GK
« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2012, 05:05:26 pm »
nerf common sense
I didn't state anything negative against it, just an example of GKs using teamwork and shit. (running is still gay though)
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2012, 05:05:47 pm »
I dont want to hear the  whine if someone creates a pure archer clan with only rusbow and bodkins. Or a piker clan or....

the archer clan would be a great great whine inducer...  id actually like to see that : )
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline NejStark

• Marshall
  • Renown: 918
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
    • Personal wesbite
  • Game nicks: GK_NejStark, Anything with "Nej" in it.
  • IRC nick: itsnej
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2012, 05:13:21 pm »
the archer clan would be a great great whine inducer...  id actually like to see that : )
I'd like to see that too tbh. Thing I like about cRPG is the 'Deadliest Warrior' style scenarios, and this would be one on a small army scale.
"A man on the steppe with no friends is as narrow as a finger; a man with friends is as wide as the steppe"

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2012, 05:16:04 pm »

People were raging hard when the fallens brought out all their archer alts. I can just picture the rage if it indeed was a dedicated clan where all the members had loomed stuff. :lol:
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2012, 05:16:34 pm »
+1
1st: telling people to change their class (take a shield/spear) is absolutely inacceptable

I'm not asking to change their class. I'm saying bring a sheathable spear to kill that horse that is charging you or simply shoo them away. San of Chaos brings a fauchard and does this. Does he use it for anything else? Is he a hoplite? No. He just stops horses with it because his steel pick cannot.

Bringing a sidearm does not change your class, it just makes you more malleable to the situation. If you play rock and refuse to bring a tiny pair of scissors to help versus paper, then you shouldn't be whining when paper wraps around you and beats you.

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2012, 05:17:49 pm »
People were raging hard when the fallens brought out all their archer alts. I can just picture the rage if it indeed was a dedicated clan where all the members had loomed stuff. :lol:

they also had that santa squad i think, all HA, dont remember if there was much rage about that one thou

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2012, 05:17:58 pm »
I need 50 people to make an archer alt and play under the same banner!  :mrgreen:

Oh, and 25 HA's!  :twisted:
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2012, 05:19:36 pm »
+4
Need the US_Cavalry to come back in force. That would be absolutely hilarious. :mrgreen:
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2012, 05:21:22 pm »
+1
Simple solution would be class balance. Put GK on one team and all the other cav on the other team, split up GK if necessary. Maybe you'd think it's unfair that GK doesn't get to play together, but it's not like they teamplay anyway. They are on average a bunch of killhungry hyena's, but then with 50 maneuver, the scum of the earth, evident from the amount of them at the enemy spawn within 30 seconds.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2012, 05:22:33 pm »
+1
Bringing a sidearm does not change your class, it just makes you more malleable to the situation. If you play rock and refuse to bring a tiny pair of scissors to help versus paper, then you shouldn't be whining when paper wraps around you and beats you.

While I can only agree and support things like this, adapting to situations, it is still pretty goddamned bogus that the primary factor in balancing teams is banner worn; balance should, if possible, try to stick people with the same banner on the same team, but when it is detrimental to team composition it's not a very good system. Ultimately class (attribute/stat allocation) should be a more important variable, hands down.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2012, 05:23:39 pm »
I need 50 people to make an archer alt and play under the same banner!  :mrgreen:

Oh, and 25 HA's!  :twisted:
Il join you.

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2012, 05:26:07 pm »
Simple solution would be class balance. Put GK on one team and all the other cav on the other team, split up GK if necessary. Maybe you'd think it's unfair that GK doesn't get to play together, but it's not like they teamplay anyway. They are on average a bunch of killhungry hyena's, but then with 50 maneuver, the scum of the earth, evident from the amount of them at the enemy spawn within 30 seconds.

if i knew you would take the refusal in joining us so badly, i would make an exception for you teeth ;/

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2012, 05:27:44 pm »
+2
Apparently, we are an evil clan for some. I suggest them to open another topic like "GK-A" like AA and keep on whining there. I really wish this topic to come to a fair discussion ground, otherwise it is just becoming a fun topic for us.

And gentlemen, please before throwing poop at any other class, or claim it is easy mode, please try to play with it for a couple of weeks first. Otherwise you are just putting yourself in funny positions.

battalgazi your acting more and more like an arrogant prick, seems like all this horseloving has gone up your ass

you comment is full of hypocrisy. I come up with a thread : there is an issue worse then having a clan stack on one side : we have a clan stacked on one side with all one class with it!

and what do i get like answers? your buttbuddies coming up with copy paste poem off internet and half witty remarks.youself came up with some useless post. So seriously before asking a serious talk, think twice

People don't like getting gang raped by cav, it's not fun and unfair. And when we say so, you act as moronic pricks just giving you an even worse image of youself and your clan

(yea now I'm pissed) I feel you bashibazouks!

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2012, 05:29:06 pm »
They are on average a bunch of killhungry hyena's, but then with 50 maneuver, the scum of the earth, evident from the amount of them at the enemy spawn within 30 seconds.

Well this is just getting personal :P If anyone has been in the GK ts they will contest we are lovely caring people, we'd never say anything so mean about anyone else :( (Except Ninjas, cause ninjas can go fuck themselves for playing such a stupid class and then moaning it isnt good against cavalry :P)
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2012, 05:31:45 pm »
+2
(Except Ninjas, cause ninjas can go fuck themselves for playing such a stupid class and then moaning it isnt good against cavalry :P)
This.
And regardless how my old friendgy and noskillish most of them are they do use far more teamplay than most other clans.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.