Poll

Your opinion on the turn rate nerf?

I like it.
70 (27.3%)
I liked it how it was.
130 (50.8%)
I'd prefer adjustments to the current settings (please state which).
56 (21.9%)

Total Members Voted: 255

Author Topic: Turn rate nerf  (Read 10457 times)

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Turn rate nerf
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2012, 11:17:23 pm »
+2
The votes say "CHANGE IT BACK TO NORMAL!"

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2012, 11:41:38 am »
+1
the old turn speed permitted extremely good players with excellent block reflex, positioning, and general awareness (all these things are uber hard to master) to shine in very dangerous situations.

It's the opposite, the old turn speed allowed players with bad aim to make their missed hits successful. Now there's an actual difference between people who aim and maneuver properly and those who dont. Constant whining about this issue says a lot about the adaptability of certain players and classes who are not used to having their fighting mechanics messed with.
But the devs have reacted to whining before, unfortunately, if you keep it up, you might get the old turn speed back.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2012, 12:09:31 pm »
Good players will always adapt to changes, no matter how "extreme" they are.
I still do top the score board from time to time (or at least always have a quite good score/ kD) with my pure hoplite, my pure 1h/shield, my pure 2h and my pure polearm-footman. Fighting just isn´t the same like before and it´s definitely less fun.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2012, 12:31:29 pm »
It SHOULD be impossible to fight a gank squad for Chis' sake!  This game should not be Rambo or Heroes of Might and Magic like some would like.

Right, so we play a game to get zerged and die? No point in personal skill it is!

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2012, 01:31:47 pm »
+2
The votes say "CHANGE IT BACK TO NORMAL!"

Actually, the votes are slightly in favor of the turn speed change.

But the devs have reacted to whining before, unfortunately, if you keep it up, you might get the old turn speed back.

http://forum.meleegaming.com/general-discussion/why-was-polestagger-removed/msg515276/#msg515276

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2012, 01:40:14 pm »
it was a bad change, cmp, i don't care about the votes. stop trying to justify slowing down an already slow game
FREE ALLERS

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2012, 02:02:12 pm »
Change it back man this game feels horribly slow no need for more restrictions..   :?
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2012, 02:08:47 pm »
Keep the stab turn speed nerf, change overheads back to normal. Id imagine thats what most people who chose #3 want anyway. Honestly dont understand what the point of nerfing overheads was. I have never seen anyone complain about overheads being OP, it was already the worst of all 4 attack directions, its nearly useless now. Before the nerf it was already risky to do an overhead against someone who knew what they were doing, now all you have to do is slightly step to their left or right and laugh as they bounce off the ground.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2012, 03:04:47 pm »
Keep the stab turn speed nerf, change overheads back to normal. Id imagine thats what most people who chose #3 want anyway. Honestly dont understand what the point of nerfing overheads was. I have never seen anyone complain about overheads being OP, it was already the worst of all 4 attack directions, its nearly useless now. Before the nerf it was already risky to do an overhead against someone who knew what they were doing, now all you have to do is slightly step to their left or right and laugh as they bounce off the ground.

Or step to the left or right yourself and laugh as your weapon collides with their head. If I can consistently land overheads with the long maul in a duel, (the slowest overheading weapon in the game by a large margin) regular people can do it with a 90-something speed sword.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2012, 03:19:11 pm »
+1
It's the opposite, the old turn speed allowed players with bad aim to make their missed hits successful. Now there's an actual difference between people who aim and maneuver properly and those who dont. Constant whining about this issue says a lot about the adaptability of certain players and classes who are not used to having their fighting mechanics messed with.

Still a nerf even for skilled players... With old turn speed overheads you could react to spaztic movements or high agi facehuggers and still land a shot, and also you could initiate early while calculating timing so that the contact intercept predicted enemy movements. Now you gotta wait and line up target first before letting it go, this extra time you are holding is nerf time.

I dunno why you would defend it, I'm pretty sure cmp didn't even intend to nerf overhead on 1h, cuz it was by no means an OP or physics breaking attack. The goal was a 2h nerf for people who were intentionally sweeping around 2h (especially mauls) to kill people with its long/slow toe drag. The unintended consequences was it hurt short 1h even more, so you are basically just defending a mistake.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2012, 03:30:37 pm »
I think I use both moves about as often as I did before the 'nerf'. If you think you might miss one or the other why not try strafing with the enemy or cancelling the attack if everything is so slow now?
And how!

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2012, 03:42:02 pm »
What you guys seem to don't understand is NA opinions are stupid and useless since they are all str faqs...
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2012, 03:44:00 pm »
+9
Nice signature Tzar. My first reaction was "not another one of these fucking things on my screen again". I've killed a couple during the summer :x
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2012, 04:19:40 pm »
+1
Of course this is just my opinion, nothing wrong here or?
You claim it's "definitely less fun". I find it more fun now that I can dodge enemy stabs/overheads, making it easier for me to dance through enemies.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2012, 04:32:48 pm »
+1
You claim it's "definitely less fun". I find it more fun now that I can dodge enemy stabs/overheads, making it easier for me to dance through enemies.

I've noticed myself doing that more as well, if I see an overhead is behind me as I'm moving, I will not block and just keep moving and start my swing early.

But I don't like on 1h's that I have to line up my stab/overhead before I release my chamber, and if the enemy is strafing at all, you're not going to hit them, or you're going to glance. 

I personally don't think the turn speed nerf was needed on any weapons besides the mauls (overhead drag would hit people long after it was in the ground...so essentially you could helicopter spin and hit anyone in your circumference).  And the long spear/pikes jump turning and stabbing and being able to be used as very effective 1v1 weapons. 

I think the con's outweigh the pro's on the turn speed nerf, and I think it should be reverted until they are able to apply the changes to exactly what they want.

Like every single nerf in c-rpg, it has unintended consequences and causes a lot of other issues besides the one it tries to address.
 - Stolen from Macropussy