Poll

Your opinion on the turn rate nerf?

I like it.
70 (27.3%)
I liked it how it was.
130 (50.8%)
I'd prefer adjustments to the current settings (please state which).
56 (21.9%)

Total Members Voted: 255

Author Topic: Turn rate nerf  (Read 10463 times)

Offline Renegat

• Baron
  • Renown: 105
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Turn rate nerf
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2012, 11:42:35 pm »
+1
The turn rate nerf fucked up hard 1h overhead and 1h stab (which was already fucked up anyway) and i still see poeple doing helicopter with long spear and very long weapon. So i'm pretty disappointed by this nerf which killed 1h overhead more than nerfing long spear imo :(

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2012, 11:54:24 pm »
stop this 1h got affected more bs allready, if something crap become crappier it doesnt get fucked up more then something good that become less good.

This. Very skilled melee´s (be it polearm, 1h or 2h) were able to win situations of 4 vs 1 or 5 vs. 1 or sometimes even 7 or 8 vs. 1 (seen all of this). Right now that simply is not possible, even if you have the skill and reflexes.
this isnt cus of the turn nerf, first days with turn nerf allowed alot of 1vX footwork that was lost cus of the soak changes.
but then they increased stab/overhead sweetspots for some reason, thats what made it impossible.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 05:23:07 pm by ThePoopy »

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2012, 11:59:47 pm »
+2
The turn rate nerf fucked up hard 1h overhead and 1h stab (which was already fucked up anyway) and i still see poeple doing helicopter with long spear and very long weapon. So i'm pretty disappointed by this nerf which killed 1h overhead more than nerfing long spear imo :(

The new 1h stab is WAY better than the old stab. With the new one, you can land a stab at really close range which is good for short weapons like 1-handers. It makes it terribly easy to land 2 hits on someone in quick succession.

The new overhead does take more skill than the old one, but it's still easy to consistently land overheads. You just need to compensate more with your movement keys instead of your mouse.

Honestly if the people in this thread spent their time learning the new overhead and stab instead of complaining about it, they would be able to do it perfectly by now.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2012, 12:06:35 am »
+2
Away with you, vile nerf!

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2012, 12:10:23 am »
The new 1h stab is WAY better than the old stab. With the new one, you can land a stab at really close range which is good for short weapons like 1-handers. It makes it terribly easy to land 2 hits on someone in quick succession.

The new overhead does take more skill than the old one, but it's still easy to consistently land overheads. You just need to compensate more with your movement keys instead of your mouse.

Honestly if the people in this thread spent their time learning the new overhead and stab instead of complaining about it, they would be able to do it perfectly by now.
I definitely agree that landing a 1h stab (without glancing) is way easier now. Made a lot of double and triple hits with surprise stabs. But what I noticed a lot after the change is that these stabs aren't very damaging... Mainly using a Military Hammer right now, so I'm not stabbing a lot (as mentioned earlier, I love me some overheads :D), but when I take my italian/Long Arming/Long Espada, I feel like they do less damage then before... Having to stab people 5+ times for the most part. Fewer glances, but less overall damage :)
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2012, 07:46:52 am »
+2
Whenever I get frustrated because I can't turn my character as fast as I want to, I play some NW. After seeing all the dolphin jumps all over the place, cRPG starts looking way better again.

I also like how overheads are harder to do now. I still do them and have it easy enough to hit with them, but now people don't expect them so they more often mess up the block. Me like!
This. People expect overheads less now = better for people that can land them. :)

Also, being able to dodge past most maulers is awesome!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2012, 07:52:49 am »
+2
Well the most fucked here because of this I believe is 1h, then stab/overhead only polearms, then 2h. Overhead on all weapons became pretty much useless with this.

unnerf

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2012, 08:01:01 am »
Well the most fucked here because of this I believe is 1h, then stab/overhead only polearms, then 2h. Overhead on all weapons became pretty much useless with this.

unnerf
Lies and slander!

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2012, 03:53:12 pm »
This. People expect overheads less now = better for people that can land them. :)

Also, being able to dodge past most maulers is awesome!
Oh yeah, forgot that! So badass that we can dodge sideways now, and not just gay-ass jump in and out of range. Sidestep FTW!

(click to show/hide)
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2012, 04:00:17 pm »
+3
Turn rate nerf very very bad
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2012, 04:41:56 pm »
I was one of the biggest anti-turn rate nerf peoples, it is fine now. You can actively dodge attacks and that definitely makes up for the turn speed loss. Plus, it buffed hoplites as a result so I'm doing that now.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2012, 04:42:04 pm »
Turn speed is ok. I like it.

Shielder.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2012, 04:45:09 pm »
Turn speed is ok. I like it.

Shielder.
Real shielder or left swing scimmy spammer?
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2012, 04:53:31 pm »
Real shielder or left swing scimmy spammer?
Neither of those.
Just average-skilled shielder.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2012, 04:59:35 pm »
Stabs' hitboxes activate earlier as compensation for the turn nerf, but nothing was done to overheads to compensate. Stab noobs like me like this change, and I can stab reliably with 1h now. Previous 1h masters of the stab dislike it.

It would make sense for overheads to be faster (and remove lingering hitboxes once the weapon reaches the ground), but it sounds more complicated compared to just returning it to how it was before. Overheads aren't that difficult to land, but missing can be quite punishing and there's always that little chance that you will miss through a sliver of error, often appearing like your overhead ghosts through someone.

I just don't like that teamwounds are much more common because of it, and that can be annoying because you know that it partly wasn't even your teammate's fault, just limiting game mechanics.