Poll

Your opinion on the turn rate nerf?

I like it.
70 (27.3%)
I liked it how it was.
130 (50.8%)
I'd prefer adjustments to the current settings (please state which).
56 (21.9%)

Total Members Voted: 255

Author Topic: Turn rate nerf  (Read 10451 times)

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Ming, Companions, Cavemen
  • Game nicks: Peasant_Woman, Ninja_Ninja, Ming_Ninja, Companion_Ninja.
Re: Turn rate nerf
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2012, 07:02:41 pm »
+4
Better than a turnspeed nerf imo, would be some mechanic like 'dizzyness' where yes you can spin in circles as much as you want. Do it too much in too short a time and you lose balance and fall over.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.
Guide to map making
My Maps

Offline Piok

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2012, 07:17:43 pm »
Turn rate nerf:Anti piker feature that actually raise their number, epic fail :mrgreen:

Offline Rantrex

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • The only one person who is not cheating in crpg:
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2012, 07:56:00 pm »
Well, it never was about the possible turn of these weapons, but DMG they deal.

1. Lolstab(2h) = 3/5 hp
2. Lolstab(long pole) = 1/2 - 3/4hp
3. Overhead(mauls in general) - 3/4hp (i suppose)

There are still a lot of ways to spin with thrust and deal real damage (sI love youtab?)
Stop cheating.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2012, 08:55:50 pm »
+2
Only issue I have with overheads is active hitboxes after the weapon has already 'completed' its swing. It's annoying on both the giving and receiving end. An end to this would also hopefully end random bounces on the ground with overheads. Overheads didn't need any reduced turn speed.

For helicopter stabs, it would have been fine to restrict turning only in midair, since jumping is the only way they can get sizable distance.  Not sure what else people had issues with regarding turning stabs.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 09:00:40 pm by san. »

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2012, 09:07:53 pm »
+2
I'm really dissapointed by the turn nerf, but im not sure if there was another possibility for the dev to nerf the lolstab without acting on the turn speed.
Well, like I've said many times in the past, I would agree with a replacement of the stab of the greatswords with that of polearms (and I am and will always be a two-hander).

In my opinion, stabbing with a Danish greatsword like it is now looks unreal. Even if it's our best (and quite easy) way of dealing with cavalry, it would make more sense to me that longswords could stab like they do now yet greatswords could only stab like the secondary mode.

This would make us two-handers learn how to deal with cavalry again, and I'm sure it would still be possible (in a different way), while, at the same time, giving an end to "lolstab".

Edit: now that I think about it, the same anger that produces lolstab to some people is what longspears (and other stabby polearms) give to me, so it would just be best to revert to how it used to be in the beginning. Afterall, it's just a matter of skill. LESS TALKIN', MORE RAIDIN'!!!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 09:21:00 pm by Patoson »

Offline Toodles

• Knight
  • Renown: 76
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • DON'T CHASE CAV
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bjorn
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2012, 09:31:24 pm »
+1
As nice as it would be to tie speed reduction with weapon weight and / or length I'm not sure it would be possible. As a one hander I'll say this : stab sure, overhead - good god why?

Offline Vkvkvk

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2012, 10:07:41 pm »
My only complaint is instead of people spazzing around and spinning with overheads/stabs chambered, people just do their fancy spins on the sideswings so the game looks like absolute shit either way.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2012, 10:16:56 pm »
I miss the old turn rates instead of the new ones simply because its too easy to go ballistic bezerk in large crowds with fx a morningstar an just spamming mindless left n right because people cant do a overhead on you  :mrgreen:

Its fun when your the one doing it but its still annoying as hell when you watch your team mates or yourself get cut to peices trying to hit that one guy in the middle of the blob  :D

This game could use a good revert back to the faster paced action its become a block fest atm  :cry:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2012, 10:24:08 pm »
There's supposed to be a change based on the item(so like long poles have a nerf like now, where as 1h is more like it was before). I thought that that was  what they were going to eventually add.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2012, 10:38:12 pm »
+1
Turn rate nerf is also an indirect buff to shielders as manual blockers struggle to get behind their shields with the limited turn ability, compared to before it's now more of a patience game as blows are exchanged.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2012, 10:44:30 pm »
+6

(click to show/hide)
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Sarpton

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hurlbat
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2012, 10:50:18 pm »
I actually really like the spin nerf for stabs,  but the over head one is just a touch too much.  Right now over heads are so rare that most of the time when I do one it not blocked and simply dodged.  As I do when someone does an overhead.  It's kind of laughable.    Sping nerf is cool overhead is too much.   But then again I don't wish a return to the days of having to block 2h swords twice because they could stab and drag that fucker all OVER the place before stabbing into your foot and doing full damage.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2012, 10:54:58 pm »
The main problem of that nerf is that it is almost impossible to fight a gank squad when you are heavily surrounded, old turning speed was very rewarding for people who had very good reflex.
Yes, it has had a dramatic effect in this area; if people are fast and proficient enough to fight off large groups by themselves why shouldn't they be allowed to, or at least why should they be severely handicapped while doing so, successes like these are a major quality of the game to many players.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2012, 11:28:35 pm »
+4
Whenever I get frustrated because I can't turn my character as fast as I want to, I play some NW. After seeing all the dolphin jumps all over the place, cRPG starts looking way better again.

I also like how overheads are harder to do now. I still do them and have it easy enough to hit with them, but now people don't expect them so they more often mess up the block. Me like!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2012, 11:41:37 pm »
I think the problem was more pole stagger rather than the turn speed. Turn speed really gimps 1handers more than anything which need the most help honestly. If they would get rid of turn speed nerf or make it so that it applies only to certain weapons or weight or something it would be more balanced overall