Author Topic: Dark souls: Prepare to Die edition  (Read 64636 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Dark souls: Prepare to Die edition
« Reply #840 on: March 24, 2014, 05:37:36 am »
+1
I actually went the right way the first time.

Or maybe I just explored both ways until I found enemies and upon seeing those skeletons I had a Shrine of Storms flashback and went with NOPE.

This was me 100%

Oh god those black dual wielding skeletons were bastards.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: March 24, 2014, 08:01:32 am »
Well I just killed Queelag, took 4 tries. I basically avoided all her attacks until she stopped to vomit lava. Those butt blasts or whatever that one shot you were the most annoying. Blighttown/swamp wasn't that much of a problem, but I had those anti poison thingies from the forest. I didn't explore it too much though, that wooden construction is a fucking low fps maze. Now I'm gonna go kill that Butterfly boss, then maybe Sen's fortress, or should I try to kill that Hydra boss first?

Tbh the boss I had most troubles with so far was actually that Capra demon, I guess I have troubles fighting in small spaces and that room has so little space to dodge and move around and your camera is all fuked up. Until I figured that the boss doesn't reach me if I go up the stairs and the dogs will follow me, after that it was pretty easy.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 08:10:42 am by Vibe »

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #842 on: March 24, 2014, 08:47:51 am »
Yeah, Blighttown is extremely annoying place. The game seems to render the whole fucking platform part at once, causing massive fps drops even tho it's sometimes so dark that you can't see shit. And from the darkness come those poison darts :D
Unless there is some item I need, I usually just skip the whole blighttown and use the backdoor with masterkey to get quickly to the swap bonfire. Then just go ninja the fire keeper soul and head to the burning booby-spiderboss.

And yeah. Capra fight without using the stairs is extremely difficult since you'll get so easily overwhelmed by the dogs' fast attacks and demon's insane attack power.

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #843 on: March 24, 2014, 03:27:35 pm »
Well I just killed Queelag, took 4 tries. I basically avoided all her attacks until she stopped to vomit lava. Those butt blasts or whatever that one shot you were the most annoying. Blighttown/swamp wasn't that much of a problem, but I had those anti poison thingies from the forest. I didn't explore it too much though, that wooden construction is a fucking low fps maze. Now I'm gonna go kill that Butterfly boss, then maybe Sen's fortress, or should I try to kill that Hydra boss first?

Tbh the boss I had most troubles with so far was actually that Capra demon, I guess I have troubles fighting in small spaces and that room has so little space to dodge and move around and your camera is all fuked up. Until I figured that the boss doesn't reach me if I go up the stairs and the dogs will follow me, after that it was pretty easy.

Your choice, but I guess both butterfly and hydra before sen's fortress for the souls. What are your equips?

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #844 on: March 24, 2014, 04:28:08 pm »

Capra demon is probably one of the hardest bosses in the game, its a horror to fight that thing. Getting past the first 3 seconds is a pain when the dogs sometimes decide to make it impossible.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor
« Reply #845 on: March 24, 2014, 07:51:50 pm »
I think O&S if you play alone is pretty hard and awesome, im there soon now in my current playthrough  8-)
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: March 24, 2014, 08:06:20 pm »
O&S was by (very) far the hardest fight in the game for me. The Kings were kind of a joke compared to those bastards.

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #847 on: March 24, 2014, 11:28:25 pm »
Just beat the Taurus demon after getting killed by some black knight in one hit down below the same tower you go in to get to the Taurus demon. I pushed on and encountered three annoying as fuck rats who kept poisoning me and I would kill myself because it just ruins that playthrough but I finally got past them and then someother gay knight kills me in a tower. WHAT IS WITH THE KNIGHTS! I guess i'll just ignore him and fight that boar tomorrow.

I think I have a very strong love hate relationship with this game.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: March 24, 2014, 11:49:18 pm »
You are not supposed to take on most knights the first time you see them. Although admittedly it's possible and even rather easy when you know how to play and in some cases cheese the AI pretty bad.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: March 25, 2014, 08:48:35 am »
Killed Moonlight Butterfly, Hydra, Havel, Iron Golem and Priscilla yesterday. Butterfly, Havel and Iron Golem were pretty easy, Priscilla a bit less until I learned I just had to power smach her once with my mighty +10 Zweihander for her to become visible. I tried Sif a couple of times and got killed, couldn't be arsed running back to the Garden from Basin all over again and just went to Anor Londo and gonna finish that place.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #850 on: March 25, 2014, 08:49:50 am »
WTF? You killed Priscilla?!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: March 25, 2014, 08:51:17 am »
+1
WTF? You killed Priscilla?!

yolo (or not really in this game)

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: March 25, 2014, 11:34:18 am »
Priscillaaaaaa D:

She does drop the best dagger in the game tho

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor
« Reply #853 on: March 26, 2014, 01:10:51 am »
Just got invaded by some guy in Anor Londo.. He drops a titanite slab for me  :shock:

Then we proceed to have a good albeit laggy fight, and I send him a thnx message on wlive. He was from Brazil  8-)
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: March 26, 2014, 07:58:11 am »
I have accidentally hit both the onion and the sun bro and had to kill them ;_;

Tried O&S three times, furthest I got was Smough down to half HP in second stage