Author Topic: Dark souls: Prepare to Die edition  (Read 64009 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: Dark souls: Prepare to Die edition
« Reply #765 on: January 16, 2014, 04:57:59 pm »
Fuck DkS2 will be released on consoles first and later on PC, goddamn it i may have to buy it on both then... oh well
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 1983
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: January 16, 2014, 06:12:57 pm »
They said same timeframe which means they'll release both version in same month or two. They need more time to perfect PC version.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 16, 2014, 07:13:48 pm »
Alright. I've played it for a couple of hours now (mostly to understand the controls and mechanics), and then I get owned by a giant dark knight. I respawn, try to get back there, but a stupid zombie blocks my way in and hits me while another one throws firebombs at my back. I die. GG. GTX.

It's hard to control, even with a gamepad, but, despite that, the game is nice.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 16, 2014, 07:23:37 pm »
+1
Alright. I've played it for a couple of hours now (mostly to understand the controls and mechanics), and then I get owned by a giant dark knight. I respawn, try to get back there, but a stupid zombie blocks my way in and hits me while another one throws firebombs at my back. I die. GG. GTX.

It's hard to control, even with a gamepad, but, despite that, the game is nice.

If you rage at that, don't try 1-1

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #769 on: January 16, 2014, 08:02:24 pm »
+1
Anyone here tried out the Agression mod yet? i did today, and its hilarious how almost the entire area is after you the momen you walk through a fog gate. Makes the game completely different, and a bit harder. Refreshing.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: January 16, 2014, 09:20:20 pm »
+1
Anyone here tried out the Agression mod yet? i did today, and its hilarious how almost the entire area is after you the momen you walk through a fog gate. Makes the game completely different, and a bit harder. Refreshing.

I can only imagine the horror of going through Izalith

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 16, 2014, 09:45:10 pm »
I wish i could play this game for the first time again... Once you've done it all one time it becomes easy, most of the difficulty comes from not knowing enemies, aggro spots etc (and controls). Good luck on your first playthrough! Hope you didn't try to fight the ghosts then the skeletons like i did... Black Knight sounds like you're on the right track.

(click to show/hide)

You want a weird first playthrough ?

I defeated capra, gaping, sif, pinwheel and the gargoyles in that order and offline, bitch

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 16, 2014, 11:19:37 pm »
Dont you play first playthroughs blind? Thats what i did then i started looking up other stuff like items etc for pvp builds.

I wanted to, thats my only beef with DS is that it hides stuff like bonfires and encourages you to look stuff up instead of find out on your own like I wanted to.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #773 on: January 17, 2014, 12:11:39 am »
gotta figure out how to use my xbox cont on my pc cuz i got this on the sale :D
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 17, 2014, 08:22:48 am »
I wanted to, thats my only beef with DS is that it hides stuff like bonfires and encourages you to look stuff up instead of find out on your own like I wanted to.

Yeah, I don't quite understand the logic behind false walls, it's possible to find most just by paying attention, but some are just evil.

Yeah i didn't have internet when i first played DarkSouls so offline all the way. I'm impressed that you beat Capra as one of your first bosses, you didnt use the cheap tactic did you?

Me and my housemate took it in turns to play our characters on the xbox so i always went out of my way to explore in the opposite direction to wherever he went, it took me to all sorts of scary and wrong places early :S Tomb of the Giants hasn't even been so bad in more recent playthroughs, but i'm still traumatised by the memory of my first visit...

Tbh the most ridiculous part of my playthrough was defeating the gargoyles so late, but yeah I pretty much got to Capra immediately after Taurus, and defeated him the cheap way (which is still hard, as the hardest part of this fight is the first couple of seconds). Particularly with Capra, the cheap tactic is really evident and IMO that's the right way of playing Dark Souls if there is one.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: January 17, 2014, 09:27:04 am »
Yeah, I don't quite understand the logic behind false walls, it's possible to find most just by paying attention, but some are just evil.

Tbh the most ridiculous part of my playthrough was defeating the gargoyles so late, but yeah I pretty much got to Capra immediately after Taurus, and defeated him the cheap way (which is still hard, as the hardest part of this fight is the first couple of seconds). Particularly with Capra, the cheap tactic is really evident and IMO that's the right way of playing Dark Souls if there is one.

So you didnt skip Taurus? Hmm but i guess killing capra with an unupgraded weapon would be kind of hard. Unless one has a a pile of dungpies.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: January 17, 2014, 09:53:54 am »
So you didnt skip Taurus? Hmm but i guess killing capra with an unupgraded weapon would be kind of hard. Unless one has a a pile of dungpies.

First playthrough, no I didn't skip Taurus lol

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #777 on: January 17, 2014, 11:04:43 am »
Fuck DkS2 will be released on consoles first and later on PC, goddamn it i may have to buy it on both then... oh well

PC version also arrives in March, just a bit later, they said.

Speaking of dark souls 2, what class will everyone choose?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 04:54:39 pm by Polobow »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 17, 2014, 11:15:01 am »
First playthrough, no I didn't skip Taurus lol

Haha oh missed that part, my bad. I cant really remember how i did the bosses first playthrough, think i did it the regular order, Taurus>Gargoyle>Capra>Gaping>Spider etc. Did the good ol' mistake of trying to go to the catacombs first, think i raged for 30 minutes at the skeletons, then facepalmed when i found the path to the burg.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: January 17, 2014, 05:29:54 pm »
I spent about a half hour also when I first played trying to get through the graveyard before I noticed the stairs up towards the burgs. The only thing I looked up on my first play through was wearing the ring to drop down to the abyss to fight the four kings, but that was one of two or three places where I ended up taking a couple weeks break from the game.
And how!