Author Topic: Dark souls: Prepare to Die edition  (Read 64588 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: Dark souls: Prepare to Die edition
« Reply #330 on: December 08, 2012, 10:13:45 pm »
I am thinking about getting it cheap through a keyseller for steam but I am wondering if I actually gonna like it... it looks kinda crappy on screens, mods for proper resolution and gfx settings, wonder if it's actually playable/enjoyable with keyboard/mouse and the high difficulty sounds lame to me cuz I rather try to enjoy the story and gameplay on easy than getting frustrated over unfair enemies...

Any suggestions? :3

Its not unfair, and it is worth every penny spent even full price. Mouse and keyboard controls can be made a bit better through mods but i have never tried so cant say much about that. If you enjoy story and easy gameplay go watch a movie instead there you dont even have to press attack button. Dark souls provides a difficult but fair combat system which takes a little bit of time to get used to but once you get the hang of it everything gets a lot more interesting, lots of weaponry with many unique attack moves etc. Story in dark souls is great, but you have to read item descriptions n stuff to understand it (very cryptic but EpicNameBro on youtube has a number of videos where he explains everything in detail) and talk to NPC's. If you do not enjoy games and only want fancy cutscenes then this is not the game for you since it only has intros to bosses and areas as cutscenes.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #331 on: December 08, 2012, 11:41:47 pm »
Is this still played actively? Have it on PS3 but tbh the main reason I play this game is PVP. Put 1200+ hours into the original Demon's Souls pvp, probably my favorite pvp ever besides c-rpg. Dark Souls wasn't nearly as good, but fun nonetheless. Anyways my question is, is this game still active on PC? Because I'd just be buying it for pvp really.
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #332 on: December 08, 2012, 11:51:25 pm »
+2

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 08, 2012, 11:52:31 pm »
+1

OMG!!!!!

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #334 on: December 09, 2012, 01:13:37 am »
Is this still played actively? Have it on PS3 but tbh the main reason I play this game is PVP. Put 1200+ hours into the original Demon's Souls pvp, probably my favorite pvp ever besides c-rpg. Dark Souls wasn't nearly as good, but fun nonetheless. Anyways my question is, is this game still active on PC? Because I'd just be buying it for pvp really.

AFAIK PC has slow matchmaking, dunno about playercount but ps3 has faster invasions. Probably still easy to invade people, many are still addicted to the game xD
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Angry_Bag

• Count
  • Renown: 257
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Gay Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_NuuK
« Reply #335 on: December 09, 2012, 11:11:07 am »

there are about 1.2 K on pc daily but if you have it on PS3 dont get it for PC

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 09, 2012, 11:30:54 am »

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #337 on: December 09, 2012, 08:10:30 pm »
+1
[...]If you enjoy story and easy gameplay go watch a movie instead there you dont even have to press attack button. [...]
And the reason you`re an arrogant dick about it is?
A game is entertainment for me - I don't wanna work too in my spare time... so yeah, I play easy difficulties and I cheat in Singleplayer-games. I don't need to play a hard game to enlarge my e-penis with some achievements, instead I achieve things in real life...

Jesus, why is everyone such a dick about everything in this forum? -.-
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 09, 2012, 09:30:44 pm »
+3
And the reason you`re an arrogant dick about it is?
A game is entertainment for me - I don't wanna work too in my spare time... so yeah, I play easy difficulties and I cheat in Singleplayer-games. I don't need to play a hard game to enlarge my e-penis with some achievements, instead I achieve things in real life...

Jesus, why is everyone such a dick about everything in this forum? -.-

Why i am a dick about it is because i dont see any point in playing a game if you are going to steamroll through it just to find out the story or whatever. Then there is no point the game, you wont accomplish anything more than watching a movie which can be done in a shorter time aswell. I dont see how it is entertainment to just left click to victory, it should feel like you are accomplishing something when you win. Dark souls is just that, you will have to struggle through the game, sometimes it may be frustrating but it is so satisfying when you finally complete it that it is all worth it.

Ugh, really, you play a game and remove everything that makes it a game so you can finish it faster.. I.. I just dont see the point. And this doesnt seem to be very uncommon either, many popular games are super easy with fancy storylines making up for the lack of gamefeel.

Do not get dark souls, it is a game made for people opposite of your type if that is the right way to put it.. Or if you do get it, dont cheat through it, play it for what it is, a challenging game. It isnt even that hard, there are plenty of ways you can make certain parts easier. You can read up on strategy guides if necessary.

Awesome sig. Looking forward to dark souls 2, lets hope the new director or w/e it was isnt going to mess the game up (which i doubt ^^).
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 09:48:12 pm by Gravoth_iii »

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 10, 2012, 05:18:13 am »
The challenge is more or less an integral part of the game. My first play-through I found myself actually using the ability to walk of my own volition as opposed to some "story-driven/cut scene" games where it gives me a gold-star, touch to commence mission style where I tend to sprint to the next section as quickly as possible or the game rips control away forcing you to saunter as you're given an exposé. Dying and restarting is also somewhat imbedded into the narrative but if you wanted you could probably get a trainer and make it easy, I would just recommend playing offline to curb any hate mail.
And how!

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 10, 2012, 09:42:25 am »
+2
It's real!

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #341 on: December 10, 2012, 01:19:08 pm »
Why i am a dick about it is because i dont see any point in playing a game if you are going to steamroll through it just to find out the story or whatever. Then there is no point the game, you wont accomplish anything more than watching a movie which can be done in a shorter time aswell. I dont see how it is entertainment to just left click to victory, it should feel like you are accomplishing something when you win. Dark souls is just that, you will have to struggle through the game, sometimes it may be frustrating but it is so satisfying when you finally complete it that it is all worth it.

Ugh, really, you play a game and remove everything that makes it a game so you can finish it faster.. I.. I just dont see the point. And this doesnt seem to be very uncommon either, many popular games are super easy with fancy storylines making up for the lack of gamefeel.

Do not get dark souls, it is a game made for people opposite of your type if that is the right way to put it.. Or if you do get it, dont cheat through it, play it for what it is, a challenging game. It isnt even that hard, there are plenty of ways you can make certain parts easier. You can read up on strategy guides if necessary.

Awesome sig. Looking forward to dark souls 2, lets hope the new director or w/e it was isnt going to mess the game up (which i doubt ^^).
I actually bought it and I gonna cheat the shit out of it if I think it's necessary. I'm lvl 30 something now and it's way easier than I expected, just mentioning.
Still, my competitive time in gaming is over - and I had a quite successful one I might add - but I am not willing to invest time above a certain threshold into games. One of the reasons I am prolly one of the worst players in this community. And guess what, I don't give a furry rats ass about it. Neither about what you think I should play or not play or which category of gamer you think I am. MI NO CAREZ  :P
Have fun and enjoy your boner after defeating some pixels on a screen...  8-)
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 10, 2012, 01:25:28 pm »
I actually bought it and I gonna cheat the shit out of it if I think it's necessary. I'm lvl 30 something now and it's way easier than I expected, just mentioning.
Still, my competitive time in gaming is over - and I had a quite successful one I might add - but I am not willing to invest time above a certain threshold into games. One of the reasons I am prolly one of the worst players in this community. And guess what, I don't give a furry rats ass about it. Neither about what you think I should play or not play or which category of gamer you think I am. MI NO CAREZ  :P

I made a new char. yesterday level 30, were easy to get through the first boss with the help of Soilare, but wait until you get to Zen's fortress, and the two archer "my old friends" in Anor Londo, anyway, good luck!

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 10, 2012, 01:34:42 pm »
+2

Enjoy, it is a good game but there is no point in playing it if you are going to cheat because it is made for those who want difficulty. Its like going to a restaurant and ordering fastfood you dont like so you put on some fancy ingredients to make it taste of nothing instead, theres no point. You said you think its better to achieve stuff in real life instead then you should go do that instead of wasting time on a game you cheat through, i seriously doubt you get any satisfaction/enjoyment out of it.

And btw i do enjoy that boner after defeating some pixels, its the reason i play games and im probably not alone on this. Which is also the main reason i play crpg, heart beats increasing massively as you duel a good duelist or when you fight 1v5 and survive, its epic but i would miss out on all that adrenalin if i would be cheating because then i wouldnt have done anything to achieve it :)

Oh and please do not play online, invading a hacker is pretty annoying allthough not impossible, I once killed a hp hacker by knocking him off a cliff, that gave me a boner so maybe its another layer of difficulty hmm..

I made a new char. yesterday level 30, were easy to get through the first boss with the help of Soilare, but wait until you get to Zen's fortress, and the two archer "my old friends" in Anor Londo, anyway, good luck!

Ahahah, hacks wont help much against the anorlondo archer my old friends x)

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 10, 2012, 01:38:02 pm »
One thing I hate is getting invaded by Japs and Koreans, the ping is just horrible, suddenly hes behind me, getting stabbed when I'm 5 meters away, ugh ...