Poll

Do you want cav to take skill?

yes
120 (67.4%)
no
58 (32.6%)

Total Members Voted: 177

Author Topic: Nerf Cav  (Read 12915 times)

Offline Solidox

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Nerf Cav
« Reply #105 on: June 30, 2012, 03:09:44 pm »
Buff archers, Nerf cav.

Offline matt2507

• King
  • Renown: 1013
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • It is when making anything that we become anyone.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Raylin The_Village_Idiot Mohamed_Ali
« Reply #106 on: June 30, 2012, 03:32:51 pm »
+1
nerf cav... :rolleyes:
NO !!!

nerf arabian...  :rolleyes:
YES !!!

or maybe ok for a total nerf if you reduce the repair cost...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

No donkeys were harmed in the making of this gif.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #107 on: June 30, 2012, 04:14:18 pm »
So the cav metagame has arrived in NA too..

Too many cav are simply just frustrating to gameplay for the biggest amount of players.. Their numbers must be reduced somehow.

I wanted to change them so they would play a little more predictable and use team based tactics more. Not going around like superfast solo Ninjas with 1shot backstab abilities, and super easy headshots with 1h and lances, which effectively quadruples their base damage..  (Just hold the mouse at the right angle at all times..)

Let's hope some devs listen this time.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Vkvkvk

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 30, 2012, 05:03:05 pm »
So the cav metagame has arrived in NA too..

Too many cav are simply just frustrating to gameplay for the biggest amount of players.. Their numbers must be reduced somehow.

I wanted to change them so they would play a little more predictable and use team based tactics more. Not going around like superfast solo Ninjas with 1shot backstab abilities, and super easy headshots with 1h and lances, which effectively quadruples their base damage..  (Just hold the mouse at the right angle at all times..)

Let's hope some devs listen this time.

Cav metagame has been in NA for shitlong, it's just the first time that someone in NA is vocal like that about it apparently.

Horses are also ridiculously maneuvrable, they can nearly turn on a dime at full speed and the little speed they lose to turn on a dime, they just accelerate back to it within a second because of stupid speed stats and because Horses heirlooms are fuckretarded.

When I play as a class that can't deal with cavalry really well (Short weapon or archer if the cav actually got close to me) all I can really do is dodge while he turns on a dime and come for another run within 3 seconds of the first run, shit's stupid. When I dodge a horse, I expect to atleast be safe for more than 3 seconds but nope, that cav is already in my back wiggling his lance in my rectum. because he turned instantly.

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Renown: 361
  • Infamy: 127
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 30, 2012, 05:11:47 pm »
+1
hrm.. whatever buff horse crossbow.. you all suck at it..

NERF PEOPLE WHO ARE LEVEL 31+ FORCE THEM TO ACTUALLY PLAY SOMETHING ELSE RAWWRRRRRR
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 05:18:44 pm by ROHYPNOL »
Quote from: Jeade
you're rough around the edges.
This is the reason people don't like you if anyone ever did.

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2012, 05:15:46 pm »
Cav didn't used to be a problem when the longspear was 2 slots and all 2Hs and Polearms brought it against cav. The bamboo spear is even better if you have no polearm wpf so I'm not sure why people don't bring it for extra anti-cav power/deterrence. I guess it's because the line of thinking in my signature is much more pervasive.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2012, 05:31:11 pm »
Shit used to be cewl when I could pull a bamboo out of my pocket.. Now there is no more hidden surprises for cav, so they just choose another target if you wear it.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 30, 2012, 05:44:03 pm »
Sounds like a pretty good cav counter to me.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2012, 05:49:41 pm »
Sounds like a pretty good cav counter to me.

It's a defensive counter, just like shields are for archers. It's not an offensive counter, you just repel them. No half-decent cav would run at a long/bamboo spear
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Blashyrkh

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2012, 06:06:02 pm »
to be honest I don't see the problem with cav ... I see the problem that all the cav is in one team (and not mine!)

Offline Chris_P_Bacon

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 37
  • I'm a pig.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Ser_Chris_P_Bacon_Astralis, an_angry_piglet, A_Canadian_Seal_Clubber_Eh
« Reply #115 on: June 30, 2012, 06:10:56 pm »
*ahem* As a 2h/polearm user, if this change is implemented I believe horse charges should be one hit kills, just like in real life.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 01, 2012, 12:33:35 am »
+4
Reduce all mounted lance damage by 25 percent (including couching), and reduce all mounted xbow stats by 25 percent while you are at it.   Maybe consider a  reduction of the maneuver stat across every horse, but a small one.  Reduce mounted shield skill/shield coverage by a good amount.  I think that would be enough for a while.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Mustikki

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #117 on: July 01, 2012, 12:51:42 am »
+7
Give 100g bonus to whoever kills an enemy horse.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
« Reply #118 on: July 01, 2012, 01:04:03 am »
Reduce all mounted lance damage by 25 percent (including couching), and reduce all mounted xbow stats by 25 percent while you are at it.   Maybe consider a  reduction of the maneuver stat across every horse, but a small one.  Reduce mounted shield skill/shield coverage by a good amount.  I think that would be enough for a while.

This is a good idea, they can get large amounts of damage from speed-bonuses anyway. As well as was done with archery, one can reward headshots more, something which is not so hard and good cav already does all the time anyway.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 01, 2012, 01:24:46 am »
I tried cav recently and now trying archer so I can say without bias that cav absolutely rapes archers. as archer you have to spend most the time zoomed in and have 45 degree vision, and horse sounds suck - if they are going decent speed only hear them when they are 2 metres away and then its too late.

imo from playing arbalest, xbow is WAY better than bow for killing cavalry, you can always take your time and hit the horses head. but on open maps xbow becomes useless - and cav go about unchecked really.

yeah horses really need a nerf or a proper counter, but i'm not exactly sure how without making it unplayable.

It's a defensive counter, just like shields are for archers. It's not an offensive counter, you just repel them. No half-decent cav would run at a long/bamboo spear

+1