Poll

Do you want cav to take skill?

yes
120 (67.4%)
no
58 (32.6%)

Total Members Voted: 177

Author Topic: Nerf Cav  (Read 12858 times)

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
Re: Nerf Cav
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2012, 06:31:18 pm »
I'd like cav to get stumbled when their horse gets hit by anything.. you know, a weapon in the horse's face - as opposed to now where the horse bleeds a little and the rider couches you.

It is hilarious the people who tell Huey to 'try cav'. nubs. When Huey masters the art of not running over team mates he'll be really good. Not counting that vital skill (which few bother to attempt as it is THE hardest) he is pretty good.

I'd like a lot of other things for cav too, but...
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2012, 07:21:16 pm »
For the 10,000th time on this forum, nothing in the game is overpowered.  everything has a counter to a classes "strengths".  Cavalry appears overpowered when you have 50 infantry all trying to do their own thing instead of working in somewhat coherent groups.  When you have infantry that runs around in groups that can compliment each other's weaknesses, cavalry doesn't destroy them.  In strategus battles where ground troops are more organized, cavalry can't just run through the ranks and destroy infantry at will.

Cavalry is only "overpowered" when infantry plays like fucking retards, with no teamwork or tactics.  Sorry you can't run around rambo'ing everything and then expect to be invulnerable to cavalry, maybe you should go play single player if that's what you're looking for.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2012, 07:25:40 pm »
bump lancing is only hard with heavy lance, the lower tier ones its pretty eazy since the stab animation is way faster.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2012, 07:28:31 pm »
I'd like cav to get stumbled when their horse gets hit by anything.. you know, a weapon in the horse's face - as opposed to now where the horse bleeds a little and the rider couches you.

It's more sensible that horses die if weapon is applied to face?  :?
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2012, 07:34:22 pm »
For the 10,000th time on this forum, nothing in the game is overpowered.  everything has a counter to a classes "strengths".  Cavalry appears overpowered when you have 50 infantry all trying to do their own thing instead of working in somewhat coherent groups.  When you have infantry that runs around in groups that can compliment each other's weaknesses, cavalry doesn't destroy them.  In strategus battles where ground troops are more organized, cavalry can't just run through the ranks and destroy infantry at will.

Cavalry is only "overpowered" when infantry plays like fucking retards, with no teamwork or tactics.  Sorry you can't run around rambo'ing everything and then expect to be invulnerable to cavalry, maybe you should go play single player if that's what you're looking for.

Cav is the most OP thing in strat. The only reason it doesn't dominate everything is because there are rarely open field battles and its expensive.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2012, 07:38:27 pm »
+1
Tell that to any faction that uses pikes or long spears, or has any sort of ability to work as a team.  I've even seen it with my own eyes in the public servers where infantry forms up into formations (such as a shield wall with pikes behind) and cavalry can't do shit but pick off stragglers and circle outside the pack.

How people can even suggest cavalry is overpowered when ranged can take them out, pikes and anything pokey over 150 can stop them (I rear horses as a level 1 peasant with pitchfork) and other cavalry (like horse archers and xbows) can take down enemy cavalry.  Cavalry has plenty of weaknesses, they aren't this unstoppable force that some retards make them out to be.

The only reason they are ever "strong" versus infantry, is because infantry is fucking up and not using proper tactics or teamwork.  End of story, lock thread.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Vkvkvk

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2012, 07:39:53 pm »
Cav is the most OP thing in strat. The only reason it doesn't dominate everything is because there are rarely open field battles and its expensive.

Don't listen to Huseby, he's a horse lover through and through and will do anything and give the most retarded logics and reasons to have cavalry not getting nerfed.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2012, 07:42:40 pm »
Don't listen to Huseby, he's a horse lover through and through and will do anything and give the most retarded logics and reasons to have cavalry not getting nerfed.

How is my logic retarded?  Yes, I'm a 10th gen cavalry lancer.  What's your point?

I've been saying this for everything in the game, not just horses or lancing...nothing is overpowered, everything has a counter to it.  If you think something is overpowered, it's because you aren't using the right tactics, equipment or teamwork.

Lock thread, or come back with a counter-argument other than "nah-ah"
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2012, 07:48:52 pm »
How is my logic retarded?  Yes, I'm a 10th gen cavalry lancer.  What's your point?

I've been saying this for everything in the game, not just horses or lancing...nothing is overpowered, everything has a counter to it.  If you think something is overpowered, it's because you aren't using the right tactics, equipment or teamwork.

Lock thread, or come back with a counter-argument other than "nah-ah"

Because you don't know what the word overpowered means. Just because something has a counter or a weakness doesn't mean its not overpowered, its is more (OVER) powerful (POWERED) when compared to other classes.

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2012, 07:52:20 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)

Play cav and then rethink your request...

Do you know who you're talking to? You clearly don't know who you're talking to. You're making it obvious that you have no idea what you're talking about, like, damn. The fact that you said these words just makes all your other posts in this thread seem like garbage. Refutable, flawed, illogical garbage. Good lord. Way to ruin all of your own credibility in just seven words, man.

Fact that one of the best NA cav is asking for a nerf says something as well.

See that? This guy knows what's up. He knows who he's talking about. He's saying things that aren't completely off-base and ill-informed,  but he's still a bit shy of the mark. Huey Newton isn't just one of the best NA cav, he's one of the best cav in all of cRPG. This is not a hyperbolic statement, there is documented proof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ3fW1BxIRY

This video details the final win where team USA came out on top of all of the other (European) cavalry teams in a 3v3 match on an EU server. Huey Newton was on this team. He's one of the best cav players in all of cRPG, he knows what he's talking about. Huey Newton has played cav.

Anyway, any major nerfs to cavalry will just relegate them to the role they're best suited for. Any buffs won't stop them from doing it, either. I'm talking about picking on people who aren't paying attention.

How's that cmp quote go? "Give cavalry a 600-length lance and they'll just use it to backstab."

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2012, 07:54:26 pm »
+1
Because you don't know what the word overpowered means. Just because something has a counter or a weakness doesn't mean its not overpowered, its is more (OVER) powerful (POWERED) when compared to other classes.

Compared to it's natural counter, the pikeman, no, it's not at all.  Compared to horse xbows, no a cavalry lancer is not overpowered.  Hell even 2 melee players standing near each other is enough to counter the cavalry.  Cavalry bumps or stabs the first guy, and is vulnerable to the second.  Stop blaming your shit tactics for something being overpowered.  Also ground crossbows and throwers fuck up horses with impunity, not to mention archers (the good ones) hit my courser from 100's of yards away, even with me juking (granted it's a lot of luck, but still).

By your standards, plate is overpowered versus any other armor type.  And strength builds are overpowered compared to agility.
Everything in the game has a counter to it, and usually multiple counters. 

The game is fine, leave it the fuck alone already (this has been my stance for months in regards to any nerf suggestions).
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2012, 07:56:34 pm »
yes for cav taking skill and etc

But no i do not agree on riders getting bumped when they crash into someone and I'm a goddam shielder, the easiest cav prey.
If you do this it could take more skill to use a lance indeed BUT you would kill 1h cav! it takes much more precision to hit someone with your sword given the fact that infantry in mount and blade can zigzag like it is not humanly possible in real life. Even if the cav didnt want to bump the infantry, he would more then 50% of the time!

juste nerf bump damage

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2012, 07:57:51 pm »
Compared to it's natural counter, the pikeman, no, it's not at all.  Compared to horse xbows, no a cavalry lancer is not overpowered.  Hell even 2 melee players standing near each other is enough to counter the cavalry.  Cavalry bumps or stabs the first guy, and is vulnerable to the second.  Stop blaming your shit tactics for something being overpowered.  Also ground crossbows and throwers fuck up horses with impunity, not to mention archers (the good ones) hit my courser from 100's of yards away, even with me juking (granted it's a lot of luck, but still).

By your standards, plate is overpowered versus any other armor type.  And strength builds are overpowered compared to agility.
Everything in the game has a counter to it, and usually multiple counters. 

The game is fine, leave it the fuck alone already (this has been my stance for months in regards to any nerf suggestions).

According to this website: http://listverse.com/2007/07/13/top-10-most-deadly-animals/

The mosquito is the most deadly creature in the world. Yet if you put a mosquito and a human with a flyswatter in a room, who is going to win?

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2012, 07:59:06 pm »
+1
So you're saying with the right tactics and equipment the most deadly animal in the world can be killed with relative ease?  Thanks for agreeing with me.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2012, 08:03:14 pm »
So you're saying with the right tactics and equipment the most deadly animal in the world can be killed with relative ease?  Thanks for agreeing with me.

owned

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me