Poll

Do you want cav to take skill?

yes
120 (67.4%)
no
58 (32.6%)

Total Members Voted: 177

Author Topic: Nerf Cav  (Read 12864 times)

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
Re: Nerf Cav
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2012, 08:04:04 pm »
So you're saying with the right tactics and equipment the most deadly animal in the world can be killed with relative ease?  Thanks for agreeing with me.

According to this logic nothing in the world in any aspect is overpowered. In folklore dragons destroy whole towns in a few minutes, yet a knight always prevales in the end by exploiting whatever it is the dragon's weakness is. That doesn't mean that a 30 ft tall flying monster that shoots fire isn't less overpowered, just that it isn't invinsible.

EDIT: That is like saying a 1991 honda civic with 300,000 miles on it is faster then a Bugatti Veyron Super Sport because the veryron's engine could explode mid race or it could run out of gas mid race.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 08:07:26 pm by oprah_winfrey »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2012, 08:07:40 pm »
I'd agree a dragon versus anything in middle age warfare would be extremely overpowered...can we focus on c-rpg?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2012, 08:13:26 pm »
I'd agree a dragon versus anything in middle age warfare would be extremely overpowered...can we focus on c-rpg?

Unfortunately we cannot, because you appear to not understand the meaning of words, or the ability to apply simple logic.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2012, 08:23:50 pm »
Unfortunately we cannot, because you appear to not understand the meaning of words, or the ability to apply simple logic.

Because I claim that pikemen (and level 1 peasants with pitchforks) can counter horses?  Or that ranged can counter horses, or that other horses can counter horses.

Or that infantry using even half-assed tactics in groups can easily keep cavalry at bay (or make them ineffective). 

Right, you got me.  I'm the one not understanding words or using simple logic.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Vengt037

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE47rDVh3c0
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vengt_The_Horsethief, Glorefindel, Vanderkaum
« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2012, 08:34:48 pm »
+1
Warning: I'm only 2nd gen. Still a noob.

Observations:

1.  I enjoy seeing how other players adapt to game mechanics with changes in playstyle instead of rushing to petition devs to change the mechanics. More cav = more ranged. More ranged = more shielders, etc. 

2. My alt is cav and I noticed that I usually die pretty quickly unless I wait for the enemy infantry to get tied up with mine.

3. My main is a hybrid thrower and usually gets about 2 horse kill per round, hanging at the back of the army to make sure enemy cav doesn't charge in from behind to spear people who aren't paying attention. Teamwork = best counter to cav.

4. Bumpslash (1h cav) and lolstab (2h) both look goofy and seem unrealistic somehow. I would say give more speed bonus to the 1ha cav, but take away bump slash ability. The extra speed and inertia from being mounted is what makes mounted soldiers hit harder, not staggering someone by bumping into them w/ horse and slashing at the same time. I don't think that's really even possible.
"Vengt, you are like my favorite player in CRPG."
- BlackWhite

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2012, 09:01:20 pm »
Warning: I'm only 2nd gen. Still a noob.

Observations:

1.  I enjoy seeing how other players adapt to game mechanics with changes in playstyle instead of rushing to petition devs to change the mechanics. More cav = more ranged. More ranged = more shielders, etc. 

2. My alt is cav and I noticed that I usually die pretty quickly unless I wait for the enemy infantry to get tied up with mine.

3. My main is a hybrid thrower and usually gets about 2 horse kill per round, hanging at the back of the army to make sure enemy cav doesn't charge in from behind to spear people who aren't paying attention. Teamwork = best counter to cav.

4. Bumpslash (1h cav) and lolstab (2h) both look goofy and seem unrealistic somehow. I would say give more speed bonus to the 1ha cav, but take away bump slash ability. The extra speed and inertia from being mounted is what makes mounted soldiers hit harder, not staggering someone by bumping into them w/ horse and slashing at the same time. I don't think that's really even possible.

How is bumpslashing as 1h impossible, i get its impossible with a lance but not with 1h. If you charge a guy whose facing you, and hit the right side of his bodyt with teh right side of your horse, you can easily still hit him with your weapon assuming its in your right hand, the guy is right there infront of you, so long as you dont trample him by hitting the center of his body with the center of your horses body, which if you do that you cant hit them in this game either, at-least not with a morning-star a longsword might have the reach to do it but i doubt it.

Using a lance to kill people needs to be made more challenging. A happy medium in difficulty between couching someone and hitting someone with a lance in a regualr way. Nerfing cavalary as a whole will only create alot more lancer cav, as the 1h cav and the xbow cav all go to lancer cav as  it would be hte only cav left good enough to still play. Thats exactly what will happen if we implemented this bump nerf.

But at any rate i dont know why we are arguing about this, the devs do not listen to us. They believe they know more about game mechanic and balance and that they know what is best, and they do, so they do what they want and 95% of the time they ignore our suggestions.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 29, 2012, 09:05:44 pm »
besides me saying cavalry has plenty of counters, and they should leave the game alone...I DO agree that one of the worst things i can think of, is bump slashing (in native or c-rpg). 

I'd prefer if they got rid of the ability to bump slash, but the problem is bigger than being able to bump slash, it's the fact you can technically hit someone who is face hugging you, even if you have a 5 foot weapon (granted it glances because you have no speed bonus like you do on cavalry, but it's the same mechanic that allows for bump slashing/couching/lancing).

And honestly, I don't mind huey's initial suggestion that cavalry get interrupted when bumping, as much as I think it's lame, I don't see it being that big of an issue and would solve the problem of bump slashing (even though the initial mechanic of why it's possible remains in game). 

I do take offense when people say cavalry (or any class) is overpowered, bring those arguments my way and I'll shut you down every time.

*EDIT* You need reading comprehension (along with a lot of other things I won't get into here) lemmy. The guy never said bumpslashing with 1h is hard or impossible...and thankfully the dev's don't listen to all the QQ'ing from the community.  The logical people are saying that proper equipment, tactics, and teamwork can counter any class or playstyle, the people too stupid to adapt whine to the dev's to change the game around.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Idzo

• Earl
  • Renown: 494
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Deserter_IdZo
  • IRC nick: IdZo Steam Nick: Deja3n9
« Reply #97 on: June 29, 2012, 10:25:13 pm »
+3
Once again. Don't nerf cav. Team play FTW.
Urist: Being crpg mod makes you go insane at some point. look at meow, he thinks he's a fcking cat

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #98 on: June 29, 2012, 11:07:03 pm »
stupuid horses
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2012, 06:22:07 am »
So i heard cav is hard
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Pollux

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2012, 06:29:14 am »
Can someone PM me robert namo's cav build. kthx

Offline Perverz

• Earl
  • Renown: 381
  • Infamy: 180
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Perverz
« Reply #101 on: June 30, 2012, 09:22:28 am »
cry baby's!!
lock this crap
BARABE:
those without the necessary properties of good in human society, coarse, vulgar and violent man, scumbags

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2012, 09:27:32 am »

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #103 on: June 30, 2012, 12:15:59 pm »
I'm a lancer so nerf bumpslashing but cav is fine

Rly?

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #104 on: June 30, 2012, 12:32:06 pm »
Also, only jousting and great lance should be able to couch.