Author Topic: cRPG: status and plans  (Read 56342 times)

Offline Zildjan

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Black Company
  • Game nicks: Zildjian_BlackCompany
  • IRC nick: Zildjian
Re: cRPG: status and plans
« Reply #285 on: August 14, 2012, 04:55:21 pm »
+3
A chance of a block failing is stupid.  If you successfully block, good job you deserve not to be hit.  If you don't want someone to keep blocking your attacks, learn to feint, don't change the game mechanics to hurt skilled players.  If you think the fighting mechanics are "boring" it's probably because your fighting style is just that.  *shield up, swing left to right, repeat until shield breaks.*  Agreed, boring

CHANGING THE SUBJECT: My current build is gonna be a lvl 32 1h/thrower/cav build which will be finished in a mere 8 mil   :mrgreen:.  When finished, I will formally challenge Digglez to a tournament to challenge his self proclaimed title of #1 NA 1h cav & hybrid thrower.  I say we make a day out of it. People can fight for other titles like "#1 EU backstabbing cav", "#1 Asian Ninja", and  "#1 EU mauler/archer hybrid."  It'll be awesome!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #286 on: August 17, 2012, 03:31:21 am »
For anyone who's played outside the duel servers, you'll notice there is a lot of randomness already.  There's that random chance a cav will come galloping around the corner and smack ya or stick a lance in your head- that will cause your block to fail.  There is a random chance you'll get a ranged missile in the back, another thing that will cause your block to fail.  Also a large mob of infantry could swarm you, or a thrower will start tossing axes at you every time you get out of the face hug, or hundreds of other things.

It's not often you see a full length duel in battle or siege*; there is always some random factor putting an end to it.

*Except when people are being polite and they let the last guy standing duel each of their team til he dies.

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #287 on: August 17, 2012, 03:39:46 am »
+2
A chance of a block failing is stupid.  If you successfully block, good job you deserve not to be hit.  If you don't want someone to keep blocking your attacks, learn to feint, don't change the game mechanics to hurt skilled players.  If you think the fighting mechanics are "boring" it's probably because your fighting style is just that.  *shield up, swing left to right, repeat until shield breaks.*  Agreed, boring

CHANGING THE SUBJECT: My current build is gonna be a lvl 32 1h/thrower/cav build which will be finished in a mere 8 mil   :mrgreen:.  When finished, I will formally challenge Digglez to a tournament to challenge his self proclaimed title of #1 NA 1h cav & hybrid thrower.  I say we make a day out of it. People can fight for other titles like "#1 EU backstabbing cav", "#1 Asian Ninja", and  "#1 EU mauler/archer hybrid."  It'll be awesome!

Even if you win Digglez will be the best 1h cav polearm thrower 2h archer crossbow 1h again.  It is known.

Offline DarkFox

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 17, 2012, 10:52:00 am »
+1
Some people still believe that melee combat in warband makes sence, funny. If I will play as a peasent with stick no one will break my defence in 1v1 situation until I lag or fall asleep(except crushthrough). And like 70% of crpg players can do the same, they can block any of your feints as long as they want. Some people say that you need to learn to feint, some say that you need to play it like a chess, thats all bullshit, melee mechanics are totaly broken. Battles are all abour zergs right now. And the main problem is that blocks are too powerfull. They are fast, you can hold them as long as you want and you can block almost at any moment. Yes you need to do it manualy and choose the right direction. But thats hard only when you start playing, after some time there is just no any difference between autoblocking and manual blocking. Duels right now are like block-holdattack-block-holdattack-block-feintholdattack-block while it should be more like holdattack-block-feint-hit-block-chamber-dodge-kill.
  I miss the times when warband just came out. Everything was very fast, a guy with 2h axe could kill 4 shielders in 6 seconds. People played offensive and used footwork alot, because one simple feint could break youre defence.

Offline duurrr

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: kekeeke
« Reply #289 on: August 17, 2012, 05:32:24 pm »
Some people still believe that melee combat in warband makes sence, funny. If I will play as a peasent with stick no one will break my defence in 1v1 situation until I lag or fall asleep(except crushthrough). And like 70% of crpg players can do the same, they can block any of your feints as long as they want. Some people say that you need to learn to feint, some say that you need to play it like a chess, thats all bullshit, melee mechanics are totaly broken. Battles are all abour zergs right now. And the main problem is that blocks are too powerfull. They are fast, you can hold them as long as you want and you can block almost at any moment. Yes you need to do it manualy and choose the right direction. But thats hard only when you start playing, after some time there is just no any difference between autoblocking and manual blocking. Duels right now are like block-holdattack-block-holdattack-block-feintholdattack-block while it should be more like holdattack-block-feint-hit-block-chamber-dodge-kill.
  I miss the times when warband just came out. Everything was very fast, a guy with 2h axe could kill 4 shielders in 6 seconds. People played offensive and used footwork alot, because one simple feint could break youre defence.
this is only a problem with crpg, lots of armor crutches on top of slow melee makes melee very boring, slow and easy and any derpie can block everything now i agree

but this is the only "rpg" game that has somewhat of a high skill ceiling, you could shine on battle BEFORE if you picked your fights well and outplayed everyone, now its just kinda meh, ill go play siege instead, where i can actually get into winnable outnumbered situation (no range/cav)

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #290 on: August 27, 2012, 03:44:25 pm »
Any update on the ETA? We are running out of days in august .

edit: I assume removing the cool down on STF is a nod to the patch coming soon.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 05:07:28 pm by oprah_winfrey »

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #291 on: August 31, 2012, 12:47:37 pm »
+1
Any update on the ETA? We are running out of days in august .

Are you sure that's mean august of 2012?

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #292 on: August 31, 2012, 01:33:35 pm »
"Don't fix it if it ain't broken" only applies to finished products. cRPG is no finished product, and not intended to ever be.

well, go fk yourselves then  :mrgreen:

Also, the leshma suggestion for wpf, dont like that either.  What if the agi guys want to have one ultrafast weapon and not go hybrid? What if i preffer having 170wpf over having 130 in two proffs? That is what i called "forced hybridization". When will people finally understand that every build has its pros and cons. You cannot have fucking everything.

And, tbh, if you want to play more roles, gimp yourself, feel free, but do not force that upon others please.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 01:41:52 pm by Cepeshi »

Offline Fasader

• Vain onion-eyed pigeon egg
  • Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • Item unbalancer
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fasader, Mlatimir, Fasadripac, Modnar
  • IRC nick: Fasader
« Reply #293 on: August 31, 2012, 02:25:47 pm »
mod is ded.
21:33:22 BaldRider: Poem submission: okiN is fat, chadz is blue, Fasader is pretty sexy, but not you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

https://soundcloud.com/shitfactory/father-and-panos

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #294 on: August 31, 2012, 05:28:50 pm »
Are you sure that's mean august of 2012?

Tricky devs.

Offline Doppel

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 01, 2012, 05:13:10 pm »
+7
Maybe some information about the status of the update?  :rolleyes:

Offline Iymore

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 104
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balamir
« Reply #296 on: September 03, 2012, 10:37:37 pm »

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #297 on: September 03, 2012, 10:38:04 pm »
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline ramboTotalWar

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 03, 2012, 11:41:07 pm »
yes we often glance, mr "i know everything better than you" gtx

Offline PhigNewtenz

• Knight