Author Topic: nerf archers  (Read 13324 times)

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
Re: nerf archers
« Reply #195 on: June 20, 2012, 12:50:24 am »
Devs, if you look closely youll notice that on page 9 I demanded to nerf torch and long voulge. I just checked the weapon stats and they are STILL THE SAME ! NURF ASAP !
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #196 on: June 20, 2012, 12:52:10 am »
What, long voulge is nerfed... when I came back to CRPG I immediately heirloomed one to +3 only to find out, in game, that it cannot be swung sideways  :mad:

Was a great battle weapon, and excellent anticav support as well.  :| Someone still bought that +3 long voulge inexplicably.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 20, 2012, 03:22:22 am »
I'm not gonna parse that whole thing and answer each point.

Don't chase him, go fight somebody else. I rarely get killed by arrows...I've only been playing a few months, but I've logged a shit ton of hours and I have never had to deal with two archers kiting me like you describe (and if they did I have throwing axes so I might be in a better position). I'm a shielder ...it does happen I know, but not with any amount of regularity.

The only time I even notice archers is when I get shot in the face and 1 shotted, and whining is the last thing on my mind, I'm usually thinking "nice shot".

I like when people I'm arguing with kinda prove my point, but still don't want to admit it.

Not to mention you totally forgot this :

Ok let's not chase him... and ? How is that going to solve anything ? You know if you don't chase archers they will come after you and shoot you down anyway.

When you repeated that :

Don't chase him, go fight somebody else.

(take note I'm not saying people should chase archers, what I'm saying is that not doing it doesn't work either)

Offline callahan9119

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Callahan9119
« Reply #198 on: June 20, 2012, 03:36:42 am »
I just think certain "classes" or playstyles should have advantages. I can't even hope to kill a cav guy with my one handed weapon unless he runs into a wall or something. I don't think "balance" is always necessary in every single instance.

Do you know how many swings it takes a one handed user to kill a str/armor crutching 2 handed guy? And he can one shot me with his 30 str and +3 weapon. If he is indulging in maul douchebaggery I can't even hope to block him. They seem the most vocal about nerfing everything but themselves. I think they are overpowered, but I'm not gonna scream for nerfs.

Hello

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #199 on: June 20, 2012, 03:48:08 am »
+1
Callahan, I'd say strength builds are overpowered, but the majority of EU player base disagrees with that sentiment because they don't have very many good strength builds over there.
I'll continue to enjoy crutching with my 36 strength melee character until then (so easy).
HOWEVER, that point is irrelevent to the discussion at hand.

and if you read closely you proved kafein correct. Kafein is right about quite a few things he said. Anyways, toodles~
p.s. my archer 3-4 shots that strength 2hander, and he has little hope of dodging. because that's the counter to them.
if he has 70+ body armor and 8+ if, it may take 5 shots.

Shielders should be MORE of a threat to my archer, but if i have any kind of allies (including other archers), they're worthless. Unless it's matey with his 9 Ath, until an archer shoots ihm in the back as he chases me.
oh.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 03:51:51 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline callahan9119

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 20, 2012, 03:51:37 am »
Callahan, I'd say strength builds are overpowered, but the majority of EU player base disagrees with that sentiment because they don't have very many good strength builds over there.
I'll continue to enjoy crutching with my 36 strength melee character until then (so easy).
HOWEVER, that point is irrelevent to the discussion at hand.

and if you read closely you proved kafein correct. Kafein is right about quite a few things he said. Anyways, toodles~

Yea, but he distills it down to as if it's a 1 vs 1 removed from the battle. How is that a valid reason for blanket nerf to archery? It's like his 2 archers mega-kiting a poor shielder argument. 

A stamina feature could potentially solve the kiting business, but they would still bitch about archers.
Hello

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 20, 2012, 03:52:38 am »
You'll understand when you play for longer.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Adam_Bomb

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Im_With_Stupid, Someones_Alt
« Reply #202 on: June 20, 2012, 04:52:44 am »
There are way less archers than there use to be before the ranged nerfs began. Please don't nerf them anymore, or I won't have any easy Xbow targets left.. :?
I don't know how you can watch with_stupid, every time i see him play i want to put infants in a blender.

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guys That CMP Has Quoted [GTCHQ]
  • Game nicks: Jason_The_Great
« Reply #203 on: June 20, 2012, 05:15:37 am »
NERF RANGED NOW!
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison
It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law - Thomas Hobbes.
Too busy not giving a fuck...

Offline callahan9119

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 20, 2012, 05:23:46 am »
NERF RANGED NOW!

(click to show/hide)
Hello

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guys That CMP Has Quoted [GTCHQ]
  • Game nicks: Jason_The_Great
« Reply #205 on: June 20, 2012, 05:29:22 am »
^ lol, NERF RANGED NOW
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison
It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law - Thomas Hobbes.
Too busy not giving a fuck...

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
« Reply #206 on: June 20, 2012, 06:25:04 am »
cylopside i think your full of shit.

I dont even 5 shot a person with full hp shooting him in the chest if he's 8+ IF and 70+ armor :/

And if I dont kill him, there's just no chance in hell you are.
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

Offline Turk_Otto_Knight

• Knight
  • Renown: 75
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Otto_Knight_the_Bastard ShaMeraN ASlut
  • IRC nick: Otto_Knight
« Reply #207 on: June 20, 2012, 06:33:14 am »
+1
HOW MANY FUCKIN TIMES SHOULD I SAY, make the arrow boxes 7-8 kg, so they cant run  8-)

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #208 on: June 20, 2012, 07:24:30 am »
Give archers a retreat button like single player.  Then we won't have to watch the last few get chased for miles til they run out of arrows, which is the only thing I find irritating about archers.  I'm a 1 hand/thrower build, and all I know is don't let yourself get stuck between two archers, and hang on to some throwing weapons til the very end- unless some newb cav tries riding you down- then head-shot him!  It's worth it!

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 20, 2012, 12:05:02 pm »
cylopside i think your full of shit.

I dont even 5 shot a person with full hp shooting him in the chest if he's 8+ IF and 70+ armor :/

And if I dont kill him, there's just no chance in hell you are.
No, it definitely takes 5 arrows, sometimes 4. I know that by testing against someone with those stats in particular. This is with a MW rus bow and MW bodkins, 6 PD, 172 WPF from 10 to 15 meters.
It never took me 6 arrows. Are you doing something wrong? Plain arrows?

However Wallace takes 7-8. He has crazy armor and 12 IF though. Killed him with 2 headshots though! He's an outlier, an exception.
But He would NEVER be able to catch me. 1 Athletics?! Hahaha good luck, he is so fucked.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 12:08:24 pm by Marathon »