Author Topic: nerf archers  (Read 13329 times)

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
Re: nerf archers
« Reply #180 on: June 19, 2012, 10:39:49 pm »
it's a bolt ...

and please to all stupid inf without shield who try to catch archers with low athlétics ... dont be so stupid and think about team play or stay at cover instead take so much risk ... juste for after cry about archery ...
just learn to use your brain !!!

I don't think you get it.  You can have 8 athletics and light-medium body armor and have no chance in hell of catching an archer.  If you have a shield, you are already half as fast as any typical rus bow build, no matter your build.  Its impossible.  Its broken.  Its one of the biggest complaints in the game right now.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #181 on: June 19, 2012, 10:43:10 pm »
+2
The damage isn't too high by any standard and really could stand to be more effective at horse-shooting, but kiting ability is over the top. Would not mind if they got a buff in melee effectiveness either, but the ability to outrun just about everyone is silly. Shield bump range needs a slight increase.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline callahan9119

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Callahan9119
« Reply #182 on: June 19, 2012, 11:03:17 pm »
+1
I don't think you get it.  You can have 8 athletics and light-medium body armor and have no chance in hell of catching an archer.  If you have a shield, you are already half as fast as any typical rus bow build, no matter your build.  Its impossible.  Its broken.  Its one of the biggest complaints in the game right now.

No, they complain about archers period...You can be kited, big deal...don't chase him. If you're the last guy left tough shit. I have yet to see this horde of magical "Rus bow builds" destroying game balance. Archers are the least of my worries. This whole thread was started by a guy who said they do too much damage and his damning evidence is him with a crossbow bolt stuck in him...not an arrow.

It's just tears.
Hello

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #183 on: June 19, 2012, 11:27:22 pm »
oh god, so shitty, i gave up before lvl20,  cant kill anyone

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #184 on: June 19, 2012, 11:30:43 pm »

Thats because archers hit their stride after lvl 20.. 25 and up is where you'll be decent. Its not like melee where someone can do well at lvl 12 or 15 if they're skilled. Course once you hit 25 and up (not that you can't do well before then as archer but it won't be nearly as consistent) archers get pretty fun and the whining begins.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 19, 2012, 11:35:26 pm »
+1

Why Im not retiring as an archer anymore. Im gonna loom all my stuff as a 2 hander instead, making archers my primary target. The class is going to bleed so much that the devs will be forced to buff it, so that when crpg is finnaly done I'll return in my true form and destroy the game.

Offline Ad1no

• Count
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 284
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Of The Codex
  • Game nicks: The_Sosarian_Knight
  • IRC nick: Sosarian
« Reply #186 on: June 19, 2012, 11:42:11 pm »
Why Im not retiring as an archer anymore. Im gonna loom all my stuff as a 2 hander instead, making archers my primary target. The class is going to bleed so much that the devs will be forced to buff it, so that when crpg is finnaly done I'll return in my true form and destroy the game.

bahahaha you aint killin nothing but time silly archer boy

nerf these troll ranged players asap

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guys That CMP Has Quoted [GTCHQ]
  • Game nicks: Jason_The_Great
« Reply #187 on: June 19, 2012, 11:47:47 pm »
+1
Nerf ranged,
Sick and tired of these skinless classes ruining everything great about this game.  It's not just the the enemy range but the friendly as well.
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison
It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law - Thomas Hobbes.
Too busy not giving a fuck...

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 19, 2012, 11:49:21 pm »
bahahaha you aint killin nothing but time silly archer boy

If I can kill you lot with a simple mace and 3 ps on a duel, I can do a lot more as a proper 2hander.

Offline Ad1no

• Count
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 284
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Of The Codex
  • Game nicks: The_Sosarian_Knight
  • IRC nick: Sosarian
« Reply #189 on: June 20, 2012, 12:02:58 am »
If I can kill you lot with a simple mace and 3 ps on a duel, I can do a lot more as a proper 2hander.

lol wow do you ever say anything true?

never even seen you in game and anytime u wanna setup a duel lets put some denars on it

Offline callahan9119

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 20, 2012, 12:03:05 am »
Nerf ranged,
Sick and tired of these skinless classes ruining everything great about this game.  It's not just the the enemy range but the friendly as well.

(click to show/hide)
Hello

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #191 on: June 20, 2012, 12:04:48 am »
Tears or sadness at the state of the game.

Offline callahan9119

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 20, 2012, 12:06:25 am »
Just tears.

You can down-vote me now.
Hello

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 20, 2012, 12:26:05 am »
+2
No, they complain about archers period...You can be kited, big deal...don't chase him.

Ok let's not chase him... and ? How is that going to solve anything ? You know if you don't chase archers they will come after you and shoot you down anyway.

If you're the last guy left tough shit.

So it's totally fair that a shielder (it's the class meant to be good against archers, just saying in case you forgot there should be one) dies without any hope if he has to face two archers, even though if it was two melee he would decent chances ? Your logic baffles me.

I have yet to see this horde of magical "Rus bow builds" destroying game balance.

They do it all day long, but you just don't notice it. A typical round goes like this :

- Good melee and cav kill the bad melee
- Bad cav dies by all the creative ways bad cav can die (tip : there are many)
- Everybody avoids archers
- When all the bad melee and cav are dead, archers are still there, no matter if good or bad that is
- People start attacking archers because they are increasingly dominant in both teams and you have to kill them one day or the other

And this is the moment the magic happens. All melee and cav are equals against archers. You can be the best whatever in the world, if your team attacks an archer team without clearly favorable numbers, you die. There's pretty much nothing you can do, no matter how skilled and experienced you are, against a kiting archer. That is the true strength of archery and that is why a small group of archers can win rounds against a larger number of melee and cav.

This also explains why bad melee actually don't die to archers that much. Kills aren't only about quantity, it's also about quality, and archers have the best weapon to kill the best players.

Offline callahan9119

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 20, 2012, 12:35:43 am »
I'm not gonna parse that whole thing and answer each point.

Don't chase him, go fight somebody else. I rarely get killed by arrows...I've only been playing a few months, but I've logged a shit ton of hours and I have never had to deal with two archers kiting me like you describe (and if they did I have throwing axes so I might be in a better position). I'm a shielder ...it does happen I know, but not with any amount of regularity.

The only time I even notice archers is when I get shot in the face and 1 shotted, and whining is the last thing on my mind, I'm usually thinking "nice shot".
Hello