Author Topic: nerf archers  (Read 13407 times)

Offline callahan9119

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Callahan9119
Re: nerf archers
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2012, 01:33:55 am »
no I dont like it cause: he's faster than me, he's unreachable to me, he is attacking me from a safe distance, and he is doing at least as much damage to me as I can do to him.
Now someone with the slightest of common sense would say thats not balanced!

There should be a bigger damage penalty for agi archers.
There should be a higher accuracy penalty for str archers.

No there shouldn't, you just need to quit whining. You decided to use a playstyle that affords you no counter to range. Bring a shield with you, how fucking hard is that?

"Oh noez, I can't reach archers because I decided to str crutch and wear heavy armor and I'm slow as shit and I'm too stupid to bring a shield that I could easily switch to when I need it and I didn't bother to put points in anything like throwing to hit fleeing archers"

And it's complete bullshit he is doing as much damage as a two handed guy. I wear light/medium armor and most archers barely do shit to me. I use a shield and I have throwing and I still get shot to death and one shotted in my eyeball...you know what I do? I go look at the internet or something till the rounds over, I don't nerdrage and go make stupid threads on the forums.
Hello

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2012, 01:36:36 am »
+3
"Oh noez, I can't reach archers because I decided to str crutch and wear heavy armor and I'm slow as shit and I'm too stupid to bring a shield that I could easily switch to when I need
Retard.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline OpenPalm

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Thes
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2012, 01:37:18 am »
+4
Time and time again, players think that classes should be balanced around their one particular class and not around all the classes as a whole.  It's the #1 source of whine in this forum.
Quote from: Smoothrich
Racism against our chinese gold grinding brothers.

Offline callahan9119

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2012, 01:39:16 am »
You have 4 slots.

2 hander, sword and shield.

4 slots.
Hello

Offline wanteds

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: polelord
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2012, 01:45:00 am »
No there shouldn't, you just need to quit whining. You decided to use a playstyle that affords you no counter to range. Bring a shield with you, how fucking hard is that?

"Oh noez, I can't reach archers because I decided to str crutch and wear heavy armor and I'm slow as shit and I'm too stupid to bring a shield that I could easily switch to when I need it and I didn't bother to put points in anything like throwing to hit fleeing archers"

And it's complete bullshit he is doing as much damage as a two handed guy. I wear light/medium armor and most archers barely do shit to me. I use a shield and I have throwing and I still get shot to death and one shotted in my eyeball...you know what I do? I go look at the internet or something till the rounds over, I don't nerdrage and go make stupid threads on the forums.

so your solution to this is that every infantry should sacrifice some of his points into unwanted skills to make up for the fact that archers are too damn op? well it seems that you are the stupid one here.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2012, 01:47:27 am »
Time and time again, players think that classes should be balanced around their one particular class and not around all the classes as a whole.  It's the #1 source of whine in this forum.

QFT.
Time and time again I'm reminded by a signature I saw on here a while back. Something along the lines of, "I'm paper. Nerf Scissors. Rock is fine."
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline callahan9119

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2012, 01:49:56 am »
so your solution to this is that every infantry should sacrifice some of his points into unwanted skills to make up for the fact that archers are too damn op? well it seems that you are the stupid one here.

There are 5 shields that require 0 skill points to use.

And yes, if you don't wanna be so butthurt about archers that you feel the need to make a thread about nerfing ranged, when there is already a thread about it on the first page, then yeah...you might wanna change your play style.

And how are those skills "unwanted" if you are bitching about archers? Get tools to beat archers. You're kinda thick man.
Hello

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2012, 01:50:42 am »
+1

Archers aren't OP, please get that through your head, obviously your logic is clouded by nerdrage. Archers do so little damage. And it's not hard to dodge them. I played poles 3 gens and 2h 2 gens, and honestly, archers are the least of my complaints, I never went above medium armor if that, and it usually took an archer 4-8 hits to kill me, not that he would even get the kill, usually just does damage then melee steals it. As a 2h, you should be the LAST one complaining about balance and OP weapon classes.

Offline bonekuukkeli

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Xawi_von_Perkele
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2012, 01:53:48 am »

Well... you think archers should be nerfed to ground just because you don't want to adapt and learn, use more than couple slots or any other skills than one?

Ever tried to hide behind those shielders? Makes you life much easier. Or go around buildings and sneak behind archers. That you should do, if you don't want to sacrifice anything.

But no, you want to rush through open fields and smash those puny archers face. Archers clearly are op if they catch you doing that.

Offline wanteds

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2012, 01:55:39 am »
There are 5 shields that require 0 skill points to use.

And yes, if you don't wanna be so butthurt about archers that you feel the need to make a thread about nerfing ranged, when there is already a thread about it on the first page, then yeah...you might wanna change your play style.

And how are those skills "unwanted" if you are bitching about archers? Get tools to beat archer. You're kinda thick man.

5 shields that require 0 skill? which will break with a fart? u are really retarded u know?
and stop posting here and go to that other threat if u have nothing but insults to share...

Offline wanteds

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2012, 01:56:56 am »
Well... you think archers should be nerfed to ground just because you don't want to adapt and learn, use more than couple slots or any other skills than one?

Ever tried to hide behind those shielders? Makes you life much easier. Or go around buildings and sneak behind archers. That you should do, if you don't want to sacrifice anything.

But no, you want to rush through open fields and smash those puny archers face. Archers clearly are op if they catch you doing that.
no i dont want archers to get nerfed to the ground, where did i said that? anything else?

Offline bonekuukkeli

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Xawi_von_Perkele
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2012, 01:59:55 am »
+3
IF they get nerfed any more, they would be almost useless. It's hard enough already for them. There's already and always have been (even when they used ladders to climb up roofs) many ways to beat them and for that you don't need to invest single point in skills.

And you say shield is "unwanted" skill for you, but still you whine that archers beat you? Doesn't look too "unwanted" skill for me in that situation.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2012, 02:02:06 am »
5 shields that require 0 skill? which will break with a fart? u are really retarded u know?
and stop posting here and go to that other threat if u have nothing but insults to share...

Yeah maybe so, but it's one less arrow you have to take. Not to mention, generally when archers choose a target, they choose someone without a shield, so just having one already makes you less of a target.

Offline callahan9119

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2012, 02:03:20 am »

They can take several arrows. You don't seem to comprehend that you can't pick a 2 handed guy, str crutch and then bitch because you get shot with arrows. Your op was a crossbow bolt anyways. You are full of shit about how much damage arrows generally do. I usually wear a Byrnja or other light/medium stuff and most of the time arrows do insignificant damage. Arrows are not bolts.

And like Applesauce said, 2 handed is one of the most overpowered things in the game. You're just being a whiner.
Hello

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2012, 02:04:10 am »
There are no ninjas in native. Cant think of any main infantry class in native that has 0 shields...none. Its a ranged fest to be sure, but at least you can turtle it up. But then they get pretty large ammo count too...Its saddening.

I know, Im posting mostly just to tally how many nerf archery threads are on the forums mostly. Though ninja tactics do work sometimes...
Pock gobblers