Author Topic: nerf archers  (Read 13361 times)

Offline wanteds

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: polelord
Re: nerf archers
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2012, 07:34:14 pm »
We don't do nearly the damage 2 handers do...watch any strat battle and you'll realize that....

strat battle? lol
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2012, 07:36:39 pm »
It is supposed to do that, but, I and many melee build I'm sure can confirm that light armored archers/xbows will take as many hits to kill as medium armored melee fighters. Which is completely retarded. don't let me start on this one.

One hit on a light armored archer/xbow : 90% life lost,  10% remaining, 2hits needed.
One hit on a medium armored melee fighter : 55% life lost, 45% remaining, 2hits needed.

It takes as many hits to kill the two, but it's definitely not retarded. You should adopt some boxer's style : One hit the archer, then sheath your weapon and boxe him to death. (1-5 hits, following gauntlet's weight and your STR). Fun garanteed, especially if it's a 0 PS with a hammer who constantly blocks you.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2012, 07:42:12 pm »
We don't do nearly the damage 2 handers do...watch any strat battle and you'll realize that....

Didn't say archer did that much damage, just that they shouldn't miwi complained about beign two shotted in melee, as if archer should two shot melee.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2012, 08:12:07 pm »
+1
 That sir is a bolt from a crossbow, Most likely, An arbalest master worked with Master work steel bolts to back it,  any time you lose half your hp from a ranged shot its either an arbalest or a head shot from some random archer. The fact that your actually whining about something from afar being able to hurt you concerns me. You mean some person could actually do damage from far away? Wow obviously needs a huge nerf, all ranged players need to shoot pillows and flowers at people.... Stop whining

Crossbows especially the arbalest takes time to reload.... just stop them from reloading and your set. Most do not have adequate melee stats to fight you for long term combat, even if they know how to block just as good as you. If they get a hit off it wont hurt as to where your lulgreatsword build will likely kill them in 1 swing

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2012, 08:17:47 pm »
In that picture you are at open, you also do not carry any shield. You're in a battle, and you get harmed. That's quite natural. Those things tend to happen in a place where people are trying to kill each other. Mostly, you can avoid getting harmed by being careful; but all in all shit happens sometime. Sometimes you are backstabbed, sometimes you took an arrow to the knee. It doesn't have to be completely fair all the time. No one is accusing you for getting shot after all.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Wraist

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2012, 08:30:16 pm »
Crossbows especially the arbalest takes time to reload.... just stop them from reloading and your set. Most do not have adequate melee stats to fight you for long term combat, even if they know how to block just as good as you. If they get a hit off it wont hurt as to where your lulgreatsword build will likely kill them in 1 swing

It takes me 3 swings to kill a long bow using archer with a bec [He also had to have at least 7 aths]. He could, on the other hand, one or two shot me

Offline wanteds

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2012, 08:34:31 pm »
It takes me 3 swings to kill a long bow using archer with a bec [He also had to have at least 7 aths]. He could, on the other hand, one or two shot me

It happens to me a lot too.

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2012, 08:50:29 pm »
ok i think i need to put in a rageanswear here.

Wanteds: You seem to be somewhat challenged so let me put this simple for you.

1. You didn't lose ½ your hp to a bow, you lost it to a CROSSBOW. There's is one hell of a differance.
2. Dont whine about range when your a 2h hand build since you've forsaken all defence against range when you went 2h without a shield on your back.
Still mad? Learn to dodge. If you see the archer it's easy to dodge the arrows (not easy to dodge crossbows).

I have to shoot a medium armor guy about 4-5 times that's maybe 21 str and i'm guessing at least a few points in IF to kill him.

Is it viable to nerf a class that requires everything put into it not to suck utterly (because let's be honest all you hybrids out there, hybrid archer sucks. alot.).

I think not.

I have alot to say here but i fear if i write any more i might resort to words that might be interpret as somewhat offensive wich would be unfortunate. So yeah.

LEARN TO PLAY 2H NOOB

8-)
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2012, 08:51:23 pm »
Usually Bow does more damage then crossbow(arbalest)  :rolleyes:

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2012, 08:53:40 pm »
morso: No.  Just no.

I've never once been 1hit by a bow. actually they only do at most 60% from long bows +3 with +3 arrows with 8 PD.

Arbalests tho. I get 1hit every time. Even if they hit me in the leg or arm :(
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

Offline callahan9119

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Callahan9119
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2012, 09:12:22 pm »
+1
morso: No.  Just no.

I've never once been 1hit by a bow. actually they only do at most 60% from long bows +3 with +3 arrows with 8 PD.

Arbalests tho. I get 1hit every time. Even if they hit me in the leg or arm :(

I've been 1 hit plenty of times...always funny when an arrow hits me in the eyeball during the first 20 seconds of a round. I don't complain about it though. I think "nice shot" and go look at the internet or something till the round is over.
Hello

Offline Saatana

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2012, 09:14:01 pm »
+1
But then the archer shouldn't be able to do the same sort of damage for a lot less risks.
Well. I am archer with 0IF and light armor usually it takes 3 arrows from other archers to kill me, sometimes 4. And most of the time I get 1 hit by 2handers, even 1handers one hitting me aren't that unusual. And now you tell me archers do the same damage than 2hers? Bitch please. For some reason 2hers just seem to think they are suppoused to pwn everyone and nothing should be able to touch them.

E: Well yeah headshots are totally different though. Sometimes I don't even kill with 1 shot in the head, if they are wearing good helmet.

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2012, 09:15:48 pm »
same kids, same tears.

Offline wanteds

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2012, 09:52:40 pm »
ok i think i need to put in a rageanswear here.

Wanteds: You seem to be somewhat challenged so let me put this simple for you.

1. You didn't lose ½ your hp to a bow, you lost it to a CROSSBOW. There's is one hell of a differance.
2. Dont whine about range when your a 2h hand build since you've forsaken all defence against range when you went 2h without a shield on your back.
Still mad? Learn to dodge. If you see the archer it's easy to dodge the arrows (not easy to dodge crossbows).

I have to shoot a medium armor guy about 4-5 times that's maybe 21 str and i'm guessing at least a few points in IF to kill him.

Is it viable to nerf a class that requires everything put into it not to suck utterly (because let's be honest all you hybrids out there, hybrid archer sucks. alot.).

I think not.

I have alot to say here but i fear if i write any more i might resort to words that might be interpret as somewhat offensive wich would be unfortunate. So yeah.

LEARN TO PLAY 2H NOOB

8-)

So I have to go shielder or I have to stand on the field dancing for half an hour to avoid arrows while the archers keep kiting and laughing at my silly moves and slowly kill me dead?
WHAT THE HELL IS THIS I DONT EVEN...

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy