Poll

Would historically accurate firearms be a good addition to cRPG?

Yes, if they are balanced.
65 (53.7%)
No.
56 (46.3%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Author Topic: Adding firearms to cRPG  (Read 11066 times)

Offline Apostata

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_John_Applebottom
Re: Adding firearms to cRPG
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2011, 03:30:51 pm »
there could be 50 percent chance for a firearm to explode and kill the user + everybody around, the other 50 percent chance would be that the gun wouldn't fire at all. than i could live with firearms in medieval MOUNT and BLADE game. otherwise i don't want to see them ingame (a few more random hard hitting ranged weapons that are only about luck? wtf? why?). just go to play M&M mod.

By cutting off your most superfluous beginning I find you state your argument on valid ground. There should be no real advantages based on luck.

Nevertheless - how do we find, sir that big bad ranged weapon with big reticule while aiming is based on luck? Still, this reticule needs to be aimed on target and still, quantity (of fired shots) makes hit to happend more "luckily" likely, thus influencing the way how, when and how much is ranged weapon fired and used. No, I do not find firearms, throwing with 0 and other crap based on pure luck and I give anyone who consider them as such a big sorrowful smile.

I am for adding firearms.  So called "atmosphere" is already spoiled by archers wearing closed helmets and by army of huscarl shields and side swords and of course by those dickheads who think that plate armor looks great and so cool with great helmets. I really dont see what kind of cheap stalemate we can achieve with preserving warfare as it is. cRpg needs fresh air. Most of equipment many of us using right now was added only because of diversity cRpg always ought to have. Lets not close doors to firearms when those who likes european warfare or that "atmosphere" ( I really dont see any) should already be disgusted by japanese stuff.

Since they would be so inacurate, you could get some clans using them in volleys, which would be quite cool to see. Not nearly as cool as longbowmen shooting in volleys though. :twisted:

I would love that more than archers on rooftops. Or oh, wait no, its time to preserve this uniqe "atmosphere" of rooftop sniping my old friendness!

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2011, 04:52:07 pm »
I am pro-firearm (in cRPG), always been. However in the beginning chadz made a poll and the majority was against it I think. Don't know if that changed. I suggest making a poll again.
And we keep having polls until we get the right answer. Do you work for the EU Commission?
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2011, 05:31:46 pm »
And we keep having polls until we get the right answer. Do you work for the EU Commission?
+1

I have no problem with firearms, but it shouldn't come out like this:

:D

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2011, 08:31:03 pm »

By cutting off your most superfluous beginning I find you state your argument on valid ground. There should be no real advantages based on luck.

Nevertheless - how do we find, sir that big bad ranged weapon with big reticule while aiming is based on luck? Still, this reticule needs to be aimed on target and still, quantity (of fired shots) makes hit to happend more "luckily" likely, thus influencing the way how, when and how much is ranged weapon fired and used. No, I do not find firearms, throwing with 0 and other crap based on pure luck and I give anyone who consider them as such a big sorrowful smile.

I am for adding firearms.  So called "atmosphere" is already spoiled by archers wearing closed helmets and by army of huscarl shields and side swords and of course by those dickheads who think that plate armor looks great and so cool with great helmets. I really dont see what kind of cheap stalemate we can achieve with preserving warfare as it is. cRpg needs fresh air. Most of equipment many of us using right now was added only because of diversity cRpg always ought to have. Lets not close doors to firearms when those who likes european warfare or that "atmosphere" ( I really dont see any) should already be disgusted by japanese stuff.

I would love that more than archers on rooftops. Or oh, wait no, its time to preserve this uniqe "atmosphere" of rooftop sniping my old friendness!

from what you have said it just seems like you want no ranged in the mod and no heavy armour...
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2011, 12:04:28 am »

Last one :

Yes, that would be nice.     75 (26%)
No i have enough ego shooter games.     184 (63.9%)
Maybe , but wait until fire and sword comes out and then we can see how it is.     29 (10.1%)

Offline johncage

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2011, 12:49:25 am »
Things need to be removed, not added. The Samuari armor and swords and the ninja stars for starters.

Offline Phalanx300

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2011, 12:35:59 pm »
Things should be added. The more variety the better. Its what makes this mod great. Only too bad about its ignorant community.  :rolleyes:

And when was that last poll held? Most people just think of M&M mods or shooters when they think of guns so instantly press no while they would basicly act like an crossbow only slightly different.

Just search for arquebus or other early firearms.... Most votes are because they don't know how it would work...

Offline Kazak

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
  • Сiла и Чѣсть!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Honeybadgers
  • Game nicks: Kazak
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2011, 01:16:58 pm »
Want fireamrs? Go and play Mount and Musket!  :evil: :evil: :evil:
Не веровать и верить свободно - Вот в чём вера моя... И только в одно
Я верую слепо, как сердцу угодно: В веселье и радость, и в смех и в вино!

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2011, 02:39:48 pm »

"we have sideswords, 17th century equipment, samurai's and ninjas so we can have even firemars" - this is no argument. i feel the game is already fucked up by all this over to much, but still its not a reason why to fuck it up even more. if it came down to me only, i'd limit it to true medieval equipment only, i'd allow only RP names ingame etc. if you don't care about medieval atmosphere (which in understandable as not everybody likes pure medieval feel) than you will agree with adding almost anything and there is from your point of view nothing wrong with that.

aye you are right, firearms will recquire "some skill". even throwing a nuke takes a very small, but still skill in the end - you know what i mean, you should hit at least a city center in 5km range...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 02:44:57 pm by Beauchamp »
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Apostata

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 3
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_John_Applebottom
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2011, 04:49:09 pm »
"we have sideswords, 17th century equipment, samurai's and ninjas so we can have even firemars" - this is no argument. i feel the game is already fucked up by all this over to much, but still its not a reason why to fuck it up even more. if it came down to me only, i'd limit it to true medieval equipment only, i'd allow only RP names ingame etc. if you don't care about medieval atmosphere (which in understandable as not everybody likes pure medieval feel) than you will agree with adding almost anything and there is from your point of view nothing wrong with that.

aye you are right, firearms will recquire "some skill". even throwing a nuke takes a very small, but still skill in the end - you know what i mean, you should hit at least a city center in 5km range...

To you second bolded text: For such thoughts I nod and pray for  this game style to suceed in times, where all what players care for, is their K/D ratio and cool clan tags. Shame that cRpg is absolutely not about it. Thus I prefer firearms to take their part.

To your first..:
When entities which are sharing the same logic confirming values are put into one agreggate (lets name it "Ag") of their very type and then it comes to the decision what to do with the exact same kind of thing which shares self justifying value like the others mentioned in "Ag"...
 well, yes it IS argument.

Your thoughts about perfect medieval game have my respect, as such depiction of medieval game are very close to vision of mine, but lets be honest. CRpg is favourite game of none of us but disgusting eclectic wankers and if there is some way how to at least fulfill this warfare eclectism which cRpg trades to us, its time to add it, together with more and more and more...

Of course we can share a word about it via PM in czech aswell.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 04:51:57 pm by Apostata »

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2011, 04:59:37 pm »
there could be 50 percent chance for a firearm to explode and kill the user + everybody around, the other 50 percent chance would be that the gun wouldn't fire at all. than i could live with firearms in medieval MOUNT and BLADE game. otherwise i don't want to see them ingame (a few more random hard hitting ranged weapons that are only about luck? wtf? why?). just go to play M&M mod.

TOTALLY AGREE, ALSO early firearms like the medieval handguns(which should be the only ones really added, the ones from late 13th,early 14th first employed by Arabs) would not work at all in rain

and should be near completely innacurate and take forever to reload, plus I'm not sure if its safe to keep a charge loaded in one of those, or if you're supposed to shoot as soon as you load a charge(so mebbe no carrying a loaded one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zro0_kGL160

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwoHWV1vaVs&feature=related
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 05:01:05 pm by DrKronic »
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2011, 05:50:28 pm »
Well, I can accept Firearms in cRPG, as long as it's balanced out.

But think about one thing. If it gets in, but won't be fun, and entertaining as the other classes, then what's the point?
Don't "overbalance" it either. It has to be a bit competent with the other ranged classes a bit, it's a game after all.  :wink:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 06:10:16 pm by Christo »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2011, 06:01:34 pm »
Please no.

Why does this keep coming up?

Add the arbalest if you want as uber X bow firearm equivalent with a 2 min reload.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2011, 06:18:15 pm »
i'm lost :o)
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2011, 07:37:56 pm »
Things should be added. The more variety the better. Its what makes this mod great. Only too bad about its ignorant community.  :rolleyes:

And when was that last poll held? Most people just think of M&M mods or shooters when they think of guns so instantly press no while they would basicly act like an crossbow only slightly different.

Just search for arquebus or other early firearms.... Most votes are because they don't know how it would work...

Last poll was held 20th march (10 days...) : http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,3163.0.html

The result was clear so ppl started another one.

I don't understand your need for firearms, guns, musket, arquebuse, all are the same, a one shot weapon.
you say it will work like xbow, then what's your problem you already have xbow, no smoke that's all.
You talking about the ignorant community, but you should be more ignorant to not understand that guns (or arquebuse...) will dramaticaly change cRPG, i'm not talking about the atmosphere, but balance and gameplay, gameplay with guns is totaly different, they could be machineguns or arquebus, it's still the same, it hurts too much the way to play.

I'm out, see ya in the next thread and next poll in few days.