Poll

Would historically accurate firearms be a good addition to cRPG?

Yes, if they are balanced.
65 (53.7%)
No.
56 (46.3%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Author Topic: Adding firearms to cRPG  (Read 10563 times)

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Adding firearms to cRPG
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2011, 09:43:45 pm »
i disagree i think it would imbalance the game E.G cavalry kill infantry, infantry kill archers and archers kill cavalry now if guns DO get added even if the take ages to reload and they cost the earth the "system" would probably be like this cavalry kill infantry, infantry kill archers, archers kill archers then guns kill cavalry's horses making them useless mostly then bullets would break infantry's shields and would out range archers bows and cross-bows so that would IMBALANCE it of-corse i could be wrong and if i am then please do show me how im not saying this is how it will be merely a possibility.   

You are thinking that firearms in cRPG would be similar to the firearms in real life power wise but for the sake of balance they shouldn't be and in my original post I typed that firearms should at most only do 5 extra damage over crossbows (sniper: 75, best firearm: 80) while having less accuracy and a longer reload time. Firearms would become the strongest ranged weapon (excluding 9+ PT throwers) and should be about 25% more expensive than crossbows.

EDIT: Projectile speed does NOT have to be insanely fast, it should be slightly better than crossbows but not by much (2-4 points).
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 09:45:44 pm by Belmont »

Offline Phalanx300

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2011, 10:14:21 pm »
The damage would be higher then the bows and crossbows but it would be way to inaccurate to in any way rival the bow and crossbow in one on one. Reloading also takes much longer then the bow or crossbow. So that way it would be quite balanced while also realistic.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2011, 10:41:23 pm »
there could be 50 percent chance for a firearm to explode and kill the user + everybody around, the other 50 percent chance would be that the gun wouldn't fire at all. than i could live with firearms in medieval MOUNT and BLADE game. otherwise i don't want to see them ingame (a few more random hard hitting ranged weapons that are only about luck? wtf? why?). just go to play M&M mod.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 10:43:09 pm by Beauchamp »
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2011, 12:57:21 am »
there could be 50 percent chance for a firearm to explode and kill the user + everybody around, the other 50 percent chance would be that the gun wouldn't fire at all. than i could live with firearms in medieval MOUNT and BLADE game. otherwise i don't want to see them ingame (a few more random hard hitting ranged weapons that are only about luck? wtf? why?). just go to play M&M mod.

THANKYOU at last some one agrees epic post :)
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2011, 01:41:04 am »

This is a good idea. But increase explosion chance. It's annoying how you always get ganged by 10 people.  :lol:
No seriously, I don't understand all the gun hate. We have 16th century stuff mixed with vikings, arabs and fantasy ninjas, what harm would an arquebus do? Just make them weaker than crossbows.

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2011, 02:30:14 am »
i just dont see the need theres load of other mods with guns why would you want even more??
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Armbrust_Schtze

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 110
  • cRPG Player
  • (being watched)
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Philip :)
Re: Replacement for Siege Crossbow
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2011, 10:25:05 am »
It should be a rare, very primitive weapon.  Also, the accuracy would have to be piss poor, to reflect real firearms of the period.  The best firearms of the 15th century were less accurate than the worse crossbows.

So it would be very slow, very inaccurate, and powerful..but it shouldn't work on rainy maps.  So really, hardly anyone would use it...just like in the 15th century!  I'd be ok with that.

yeah exactly what i want !
#
and Gorges, arquebuses belong to the renecains (early 16 th century) and not into the 15th century which crpg is set in.
This masterwork bolt will send you straight to hell Tincan!

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2011, 11:35:47 am »
and Gorges, arquebuses belong to the renecains (early 16 th century) and not into the 15th century which crpg is set in.

cRPG does not have a proper timeline, it has items ranging from very early to very late. Firearms from the 16th century would fit very well.

Offline bredeus

• Earl
  • Renown: 392
  • Infamy: 85
  • there must be Peace
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templars since 1096 AD
  • Game nicks: Templar_Brede
  • IRC nick: Brede
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2011, 11:56:01 am »
+1

Offline Cupidon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Stromgarde_MiracleForever -- DTV lover
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Stromgarde_MiracleForever
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2011, 12:29:41 pm »
They should add an usable catapult or trebuchet instead firearms...    :rolleyes:
"DAYUUUM MA BOY IS KILLING IT RIGHT NAO !"

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2011, 01:16:54 pm »
They should add an usable catapult or trebuchet instead firearms...    :rolleyes:

There is an usable catapult already, deploy a construction site in the duel server and go crazy with it.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2011, 01:30:15 pm »
I am pro-firearm (in cRPG), always been. However in the beginning chadz made a poll and the majority was against it I think. Don't know if that changed. I suggest making a poll again.

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2011, 01:36:53 pm »
I am pro-firearm (in cRPG), always been. However in the beginning chadz made a poll and the majority was against it I think. Don't know if that changed. I suggest making a poll again.

I can add a poll to my topic but I think a poll on an announcement would involve a much larger number of people.

EDIT: Poll added.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 01:43:28 pm by Belmont »

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2011, 02:45:15 pm »
Campers of Acre with muskets. Can you fucking imagine!

Just no to this suggestion. The current atmosphere is just about acceptable. But adding guns would completly change the feel of the game. And nobody can deny.

Wethere the balance or game play would change is irrelevant to me. Guns in this mod WOULD kill any sence of an enjoyible atmosphere from cRPG.
Turtles

Offline ToxicKilla

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 8
  • For England, and Saint George!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Killmoar_the_Lone_Knight
  • IRC nick: ToxicKilla
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2011, 02:53:15 pm »
cRPG does not have a proper timeline, it has items ranging from very early to very late. Firearms from the 16th century would fit very well.

Nah, Arquebus seem's too out of place. However, like I said earlier, an early hand cannon wouldn't hurt the atmosphere or balance.
(click to show/hide)
Early hand cannons for the win! Would be VERY inacurate, slow reloading and a bit more powerfull than an xbow.

Since they would be so inacurate, you could get some clans using them in volleys, which would be quite cool to see. Not nearly as cool as longbowmen shooting in volleys though. :twisted:

Edit: Those gun models are from 'Knights: the last battle' mod if I remember correctly. Screenshot's taken in my little native mod.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 03:10:31 pm by ToxicKilla »