Poll

Would historically accurate firearms be a good addition to cRPG?

Yes, if they are balanced.
65 (53.7%)
No.
56 (46.3%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Author Topic: Adding firearms to cRPG  (Read 10487 times)

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Replacement for Siege Crossbow
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2011, 12:13:36 am »
Wtf LoL ? Quarrels ? ROFL !!! You shoggies are even more retarded then i ever thought of you........you reported me for what exactly ? Bah, i couldnt care less actually......i have never had any "quarrels" with Đuro, if he thinks i did then he's even more stupid then yourself (im sure he's not but hell, nothing can surprise me anymore these days).

Jebote bog Đuro s kakvim si ti to retardima u klanu ? Nisam te nikad smatrao za takvog idiota al jebiga ak jesi onda reci odma da znam lol, da i tebe prekrižim.......   :wink:

That is exactly why I reported your previous post. This is a suggestion topic not a topic to insult other people. I do not mind a few jokes (see page 1) but you need to learn self control. Also, I do not know what Georges thinks about you nor could I care less, but to me it seems some sort of quarrel if you insult him in this topic when it is a suggestion topic.

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2011, 12:19:53 am »
If you do add guns then make it with bad reload time (making them 1 hit or nothing) and with actual early freaking models. Also: would guns fire projectiles that go through armour? It's history repeating itself then. cRPG would see little to no armor being used since everyone would flock to guns.

Offline Madcat

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ferroh
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2011, 12:33:51 am »
Also: would guns fire projectiles that go through armour? It's history repeating itself then. cRPG would see little to no armor being used since everyone would flock to guns.

As I understand it early Arquebusiers used armor and it helped protect against the firearms, at least the early versions.
But they stopped using armor because it cost a lot of money to fit your entire army with it. Even in the Napoleon wars, there were generals who wore half plates and helmets to protect against projectiles.

I think it basically came down to money. Arquebusiers wore cheaper to train and upkeep then a normal soldier. And plate was expensive.

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2011, 12:39:09 am »
Georges (Đuro) is a balkanian piece of crap and if anyone deserves to be shit-talked its him !  :twisted:

I indeed was refering to your gibberish, so you can shove it! Noone is interested in that crap!  :twisted:

PS: You suck! (no argument is complete without accusing the other person of sucking in game while the topic at hand has nothing to do with the game)

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2011, 08:24:49 am »
That is exactly why I reported your previous post. This is a suggestion topic not a topic to insult other people. I do not mind a few jokes (see page 1) but you need to learn self control. Also, I do not know what Georges thinks about you nor could I care less, but to me it seems some sort of quarrel if you insult him in this topic when it is a suggestion topic.

...and you (and a few of your colleagues) need to learn to control your lawyerish outbursts.
Also, i was joking with Đuro (on topic btw) and im sure he understood, too bad that you, who understand nothing at all, came here first to "report" me for insulting that didnt actually happen. If you cant understand our communication then you shouldnt get into it at all.

PS: You suck! (no argument is complete without accusing the other person of sucking in game while the topic at hand has nothing to do with the game)

:wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2011, 05:55:17 pm »
but if he thought he did(and he apperently did) he should. :wink:

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2011, 07:48:48 pm »
i would really like to see 16th-17th century crpg, its era of gunpowder but also a blade,

i would solve problem of balance this way

1. muskets would be inaccurate, and would have missfires
2. each stack of catridges would have 7-8 bullets

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2011, 10:59:23 pm »
for me bringing any type of firearms in to cRPG would ruin the mod if you want firearms go play mount and musket or the western mod
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2011, 11:06:10 pm »
Don't remove the Sniper Crossbow. It is lovely.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Farrok

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Farrok

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2011, 05:57:55 pm »
Like it has been noted before, firearms have their own slot waiting to be used already in the code, there isn't any need for them to replace crossbows, in the character screen, the firearms wpf is hidden, but is still a field all sprites have. And there should be a flintlock pistol model already there. I personally don't have anything against guns in cRPG, but would be sad if they didn't come through, anyhow I'd be able to outrange them with my sniper crossbow.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2011, 06:00:18 pm »
Like it has been noted before, firearms have their own slot waiting to be used already in the code, there isn't any need for them to replace crossbows, in the character screen, the firearms wpf is hidden, but is still a field all sprites have. And there should be a flintlock pistol model already there. I personally don't have anything against guns in cRPG, but would be sad if they didn't come through, anyhow I'd be able to outrange them with my sniper crossbow.

I completely forgot about this, would make it much easier to implement them.

Offline ToxicKilla

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 8
  • For England, and Saint George!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Killmoar_the_Lone_Knight
  • IRC nick: ToxicKilla
Re: Adding firearms to cRPG
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2011, 08:25:28 pm »
I don't know wether firearms would be good or rubbish, but if they would go in, you definately need these beasts!
(click to show/hide)
Early hand cannons for the win! Would be VERY inacurate, slow reloading and a bit more powerfull than an xbow.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 08:36:03 pm by ToxicKilla »

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2011, 08:49:02 pm »
It's been said before so many times. If you want to play with guns, go play one of the other 10 mods in warband that have them incorporated.

I'm the leader of a Crusader themed clan, and it would just kill the medieval feel if bullets were to fly around the field...
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2011, 08:53:09 pm »
It's been said before so many times. If you want to play with guns, go play one of the other 10 mods in warband that have them incorporated.

I'm the leader of a Crusader themed clan, and it would just kill the medieval feel if bullets were to fly around the field...
So?
Being the leader of a clan doesn't give you any more influence (lets face it) than some guy who plays once a week

I think they SHOULD be put in, and if not all gunpowder era weapons should be taken OUT
You can't have one and not the other