Poll

Would historically accurate firearms be a good addition to cRPG?

Yes, if they are balanced.
65 (53.7%)
No.
56 (46.3%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Author Topic: Adding firearms to cRPG  (Read 10564 times)

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
Re: Replacement for Siege Crossbow
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 08:10:28 pm »
i hate everyone in this community for this thread
Turtles

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 08:44:42 pm »
No, just no.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Captain_Georges

• Count
  • Renown: 238
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • 0==[]:::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vangaboys
  • Game nicks: Captain_Georges
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 08:45:58 pm »
aquerbus IS a medieval fierarm ; o
cRPG needs guns

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2011, 10:08:40 pm »
...and i believe he doesn't need a lawyer, especially not one who in his spare time acts as a dedicated "friendly scumcher"....  :evil:

My apologies but there is no correlation between a clarification, the duties of a lawyer, and how being a "friendly scumcher" has anything to do with the previous two subjects(btw I like how you put friendly in quotes  :D , rather adorable I dare say), so I really do not get why you made the leap between a clarification and a lawyer, nor do I get why you made the rather large leap of adding the "especially not one who in his spare time acts as a dedicated "friendly scumcher"" to me being said supposed lawyer. Do you really have such a hatred or disliking for archers that you are unable to resist mentioning them in subjects that have nothing to do with them? (Such as lawyers?). Simply fascinating.

Anywho, to the topic at hand; while firearms can be lumped in the general time period band that this game uses, I dare say that they would be a detriment to the "feel" of the setting, as there is simply something delightful about hearing only the whizzes of arrows and bolts, the trotting of horses, and the general clamor of melee combat all about you without the single sound of an explosion.

I would rather keep firearms out, for the simple reason of personal taste, and that bullets would look absolutely horrid if they used slow projectile speeds.

After all, in the fictional land that we live in, there are no firearms anyways, so why not let the knights in shining armor have their fun?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 10:09:45 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2011, 10:24:44 pm »
Yes but only if they can be used wearing armours no heavier than mail!
And if these were implemented we'd need some more light armours to match
And a bayonet. But it would only allow thrust and overhead attacks. Maybe swings aswell but meh.
See the MM mod for ideas
I really want firearms
And some cheap ones, don't make them just high cost!

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2011, 10:33:23 pm »
anyhow, no to suggestion

Offline Dan lol

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • ROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLIN
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: If you can't handle me at my durst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my fredst.
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2011, 10:57:42 pm »
(click to show/hide)
YES LETS GIVE PLAYERS EVEN MORE INCENTIVE TO RUN AROUND WEARING PEASANT CLOTHES AND DOING NOTHING BUT SHOOTING AT EACH OTHER THE ENTIRE ROUND

THIS IS WHAT THE GAME NEEDS MORE OF

ALSO THE FORUMS NEED MORE PPL THAT DONT KNOW HOW TO USE SPOILERS AND TURN OFF CAPS LOCK
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 11:54:52 pm by [ptx] »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

JABONRA
His mother's asshole, I tragedy

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2011, 11:04:05 pm »
Might be cool...

But I would definitely NOT be for an entire branch of firearms.  It should be a rare, very primitive weapon.  Also, the accuracy would have to be piss poor, to reflect real firearms of the period.  The best firearms of the 15th century were less accurate than the worse crossbows.

So it would be very slow, very inaccurate, and powerful..but it shouldn't work on rainy maps.  So really, hardly anyone would use it...just like in the 15th century!  I'd be ok with that.

Offline Madcat

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ferroh
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2011, 11:07:30 pm »
I want firearms :(

It could be seriously expensive to lower it's use. Like 20k or something :p

That way you can't be a hybrid firearms user without losing a lot of money.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 11:13:05 pm by Madcat »

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2011, 11:12:40 pm »
Yeah we need guns. Realistic almost useless and inaccurate guns that is. I'd buy one immediately even if it would just blow up in my hands.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2011, 11:14:05 pm »
I want firearms :(

It could be seriously expensive to lower it's use. Like 20k or something :p

That you can't be a hybrid firearms user without losing a lot of money.

This is one of the reasons why I selected the siege crossbow to replace because it costs 17477 plus 2136 for the bolts (19613 total).

Offline MrShovelFace

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Nobody cares about who I am or what I think
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2011, 11:15:59 pm »
the reason im against firearms is because the firing arc and the projectile speed. Both are at practical perfectly bound and neither can be changed to a reasonable amount without losing the concept of a gun.

If you ever play mods with guns you will notice that regardless of how inaccurate they get you still get kills. This is because there is no dependancy on the individual skill level. For a game so intensely based on skill (Making CoD derps look like WoW grinders) adding a weapon that bypasses any need to analyze when where and if to fire is wrong.  :evil:

Nobody cares about who I am or what I think

Offline haxKingdom

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2011, 11:16:07 pm »
crossbows are the only weapons indistinguishable from one another, but adding firearms would screw up the game. Instead they should just be retextured to have different materials.

Offline Madcat

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ferroh
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2011, 11:24:54 pm »
the reason im against firearms is because the firing arc and the projectile speed. Both are at practical perfectly bound and neither can be changed to a reasonable amount without losing the concept of a gun.

If you ever play mods with guns you will notice that regardless of how inaccurate they get you still get kills. This is because there is no dependancy on the individual skill level. For a game so intensely based on skill (Making CoD derps look like WoW grinders) adding a weapon that bypasses any need to analyze when where and if to fire is wrong.  :evil:

I don't know. If you played that musket mod or the western mod before it, good players prevailed over worse ones :p

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2011, 11:51:16 pm »
Gnjus, I don't care what personal quarrels you might have with Georges but they do not belong in a suggestion topic. Your posts have been reported and will hopefully be dealt with soon enough.

Wtf LoL ? Quarrels ? ROFL !!! You shoggies are even more retarded then i ever thought of you........you reported me for what exactly ? Bah, i couldnt care less actually......i have never had any "quarrels" with Đuro, if he thinks i did then he's even more stupid then yourself (im sure he's not but hell, nothing can surprise me anymore these days).

Jebote bog Đuro s kakvim si ti to retardima u klanu ? Nisam te nikad smatrao za takvog idiota al jebiga ak jesi onda reci odma da znam lol, da i tebe prekrižim.......   :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login