Poll

Which c-RPG did you enjoy more (read page first)?

Vanilla c-RPG
106 (41.7%)
New c-RPG
148 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 254

Author Topic: Which cRPG did you prefer?  (Read 19624 times)

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
Re: Which cRPG did you prefer?
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2012, 04:15:18 pm »
I agree with the multiplier being bad. I think ticks should be kept, stored into a pool, and distributed at the end of round (with a bonus for the winner and a malus for the loser, possibly taking things like surviving players into account).

Offline Black Wind

• Whiner
  • Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 185
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PK
  • Game nicks: PK_IncrediblySkillful, The Right arm of the guy with 13 PC's that is PK
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2012, 04:23:43 pm »
I agree with the multiplier being bad. I think ticks should be kept, stored into a pool, and distributed at the end of round (with a bonus for the winner and a malus for the loser, possibly taking things like surviving players into account).

Wouldn't that just increase killwhoring and valour-camping?

The original gold system was preferable from my perspective; without upkeep so you'd feel appreciative of high tier gear. Not to mention you had to be in the battle to get the reward. This works aswell with low-population c-RPG servers, due to the low-player double thing. Not to mention, people won't "milk the multi".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here in PK, we're better than you! And we know it.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2012, 04:26:50 pm »
+1
that system is way beter than old one but still not really good

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2012, 04:28:02 pm »
+2
I don't think people remember how much slower it was to level back then.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2012, 04:31:10 pm »
+1
I started playing in the first week of december 2010, made it to level 23 before the upkeep patch and was pretty fucking psyched about the mod so must've played a lot.

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2012, 04:33:57 pm »

and there was almost no pikeman at that time, ah ;]

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2012, 04:34:57 pm »

New cprg
------------

- No lol-weapons.

Im sry, WHAT? I HATE what he have currently, the funny lol-weapons removed, but still stupidly brokenly powerful ones in. Wish there was some kind of uniformity, I amm for looney tunes and boulder ona stick, and I would greatly like an xp system as stated in this thread, with low gain over time, and rewards for PERSONAL performance, since most times, unless you strap on your Lordly Heavy Kuyak, your sillyfaceplate  and your cartoon Great Sword, you will NOT be the one person changing the tide of the battle.

But as to a statement earlier in this thread, that before current system there was no leeching: ....okay...what was it called then what they did in crpg china? Where if you tried to use any ranged weapon, or ANY armour, they would all insta ban, and every round they voted for tiniest map, all spawnd naked, no shielders allowed, just massive naked fight over and over to grind xp...thats not leeching I guess, if everyone does it?
I don't know enough

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2012, 04:37:16 pm »
Wouldn't that just increase killwhoring and valour-camping?

No and no? Killwhoring is trying to get the kill for yourself, not trying to get the kill for the team. Valor camping has been already pretty much removed, you don't get valor any more for just surviving.

The original gold system was preferable from my perspective; without upkeep so you'd feel appreciative of high tier gear. Not to mention you had to be in the battle to get the reward. This works aswell with low-population c-RPG servers, due to the low-player double thing. Not to mention, people won't "milk the multi".

Upkeep getting removed is completely out of the question, as are kill based or area based XP (most people who played in the cRPG alphas will remember and understand why - the first one is killwhoring supreme, the second one is blob vs blob), that's why a tick system is likely to stay. Of course if someone can think of better ways to reward we are very open to suggestions.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2012, 04:57:34 pm »
the second one is blob vs blob
Blob vs blob is underrated. Is 'everybody do a mindless charge' really that much more desirable to you?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 916
  • Infamy: 1575
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2012, 04:59:01 pm »
Leshma, at least one time think before you say something. I GIVE A FUCK ABOUT BALANCE. This game gives a pleasure of even fights sometimes. Sometimes even when it isn't fair it gives fun as well but I am really happy of what developers have done with this mod. Don't say that everybody is addicted and things like these. Please don't speak for all the players.

Imagine that one day they will release MB2 and new crpg will start, new wipe will come, or our cRPG will just get sooo old after a few years that people will play something else. Our cRPG is bound to be closed one day as well but we play it and we don't really worry about it.

Balance might be better than year a half ago but not as much as people like to believe (especially fail ninjas like Teeth).

What I think is that balance is there but it isn't awesome at all because it favors herp derp weapons like pikes, throwing and mauls. All because game is a lot slower than it used to be.

About new players and mod dead:

At first, chadz decided to change the mod because he was afraid that new players won't play cRPG because they got roflstomped. But what has really changed?

Nothing. They still get owned by veterans, only difference is that now some veteran disguised as peasant will kick their butt with peasant weapons, just a few moments when they finally, after 200 deaths, managed to save enough to buy some good lookin' armor and decent weapon...

After that, 5 out of 10 new players GTX this mod. Three players out of five left, are patient people and they will stay for few days more. Two who decided to stick with this mod are masohists, like majority of game population. They will go through intial rites, learn how manually block, get looms etc.

So it's not different to what it was before. Major difference is that before there were The_Finn, Tulsa Doom and other noobs who had epic gear and for a new player in every online game that's a sense of greatness (take WoW mounts for example).

And they don't mind to die to great players. What they do mind is to die to people who wear begginer gear, because they think they are:

CHEATERS!!!

Then why they changed the mod?

Because spineless, let influential clans asked them to change it to suit their taste better. Now you'll ask me to tell who I am thinking of? No problem bro, I'm not afraid to say what I think even if that means I'll get hatred on me. Who are they?

Mercs and Shogunate among the first!

Their self sense of greatness, their elitist attitute is something I never did and will never approve. Also that same attitude is the main reason why they don't have many players and why they NEVER will be important in the main feature of this mod, Strategus. Only thing left for those guys is rolfstoping pub server which is kinda sad imho, considering that two or three of them have trouble to take me down, casual and pug player, average at best...

There are so bad, they can't outwit a bunch of russian and polish kids who aren't smart at all. Yet they rape these so called "pros" Strat after Strat. Sad indeed.

That's why I think we don't have proper rewards and we're all forced to play on same level and retire and retire, like that has any point at all!

About strategus, I could tell you the story of one Finnish player who did something his ancestrors never did (made a pact with Russians) but that's a totally different story.

Offline bosco

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • Steady...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2012, 05:00:44 pm »
Blob vs blob is underrated. Is 'everybody do a mindless charge' really that much more desirable to you?

Angry mob riot warfare is actually more fun than picking off random people to chase down and fight 1on1. At least for me.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2012, 05:01:26 pm »

Which was good.

As Leshma said, the game will always be unfair not matter what, simply because some players play better than others. In that context, removing character imbalances only makes the game more competitive and drives the playerbase towards a terrible minmaxing mentality.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 05:08:21 pm by Kafein »

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2012, 05:05:09 pm »
+1

There is a big difference between being forced to do a mindless blob (because else you get shit XP) and choosing to do a mindless charge. In the current system nothing stops you and your team from playing smart.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 1539
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2012, 05:09:24 pm »
Playing smart if considered these days to be valor leeching, being coward, picking your fights, preying on the weak...

That's what these guys who coordinate throught VOIP software, abuse ghosting all the time, call lone players like me who actually contribute more to the team and often singlehandledly win the rounds, which they (a bloody trained team), failed to win!

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2012, 05:13:02 pm »
There is a big difference between being forced to do a mindless blob (because else you get shit XP) and choosing to do a mindless charge. In the current system nothing stops you and your team from playing smart.
Apart from the players themselves and a complete lack of coordination and communication. Again, being forced into a blob does not seem a bad thing to me.

(click to show/hide)
Truer words have never been spoken.