Poll

Which c-RPG did you enjoy more (read page first)?

Vanilla c-RPG
106 (41.7%)
New c-RPG
148 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 254

Author Topic: Which cRPG did you prefer?  (Read 20257 times)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
Re: Which cRPG did you prefer?
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2012, 01:57:47 pm »
+1
I was psychologically traumatized by Old cRPG archers and xbows. They were basically like native but ten times more effective. New cRPG is better if only for the way they got the shit beat out of them with the nerf bat, repeatedly. I do kind of miss the old gold system, but it wasn't sustainable, logically.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2012, 02:14:19 pm »
+2
I for one thought the old cRPG had a way more medieval feeling to it , when playing eu1 seeing loads of peasant few medium and even fewer tincans.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2012, 02:40:10 pm »
What is wrong with heavy armour and big weapons being realistically effective.

Everything has been flattened nerfed, buffed and nerfed until every weapon is equal. You know something is not right when you see the cudgel being used as an effective weapon.
That is what I don't understand about new cRPG.

PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2012, 03:09:41 pm »
+1
old cRPG was grindy from the beginning and also a lot less competitive than the new cRPG. It's only logical a more competitive game will end up having an unfriendly community.

from what I recall of my noob days they were unfriendly even when it was less competitive, and people were still very, very competitive. I think you guys are in nostalgia land where everything is cotton candy and bubble gum.

New crpg for me all the way, more fair playing ground for everyone.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 03:14:24 pm by Memento_Mori »

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2012, 03:13:28 pm »
+1
I preferred the combat system in old cRPG but i think character progression is handled better in the new one.

Offline Cris

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Cris, Cris, TestSubject
  • IRC nick: Cris
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2012, 03:15:51 pm »
+1
I enjoyed the old one better.

I enjoyed leveling up as a massivily underpowered peasant that then rule the land as a HA  :twisted: although AHA was OP.

The only real problem with the Old cRPG imo is that everyone ended up having plates whist running like crazy due to massive levels from strat xp.

It was a faster game, i enjoyed that

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1807
  • Infamy: 1575
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2012, 03:18:49 pm »
+2
I agree with Cyber. Current leveling system is awesome but all those "balance" changes Paul and Fasader made in the past year and a half aren't my cup of tea.

Don't like:
- melee nerfs
- slot system
- unsheatable weapons
- narrow lance angle

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2012, 03:23:15 pm »
So why again did it die when we put up the old version at xmas?

It was bound to be closed.

Saying you will put xmascrpg on christmas, stating it wouldn't have any admin or bug/problems fixed, eu/na where using the same server and after some weeks people where being asses polling eu or na people and a bunch of other things.

At least I knew it wasn't worth the try when it was clear it was going to be closed after christmas.

----------------------------

While new crpg is better the limitations in weapons, multiplier is worse than old exp/gold system and upkeep rendered useless by selling 1 loompoint!! turned the game into a more cod style game than old crpg.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2825
  • Infamy: 623
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2012, 03:27:21 pm »
+1

Make it official cRPG and it won't die, I guarantee you that.

No one (including me) want to waste time on some spin-off cRPG.

It really doesn't matter how fucked up balance is, you'll always have players because we are addicted. No one really gives a fuck about balance, we're mainly trolling here on forums.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2012, 03:42:22 pm »
Make it official cRPG and it won't die, I guarantee you that.

No one (including me) want to waste time on some spin-off cRPG.

It really doesn't matter how fucked up balance is, you'll always have players because we are addicted. No one really gives a fuck about balance, we're mainly trolling here on forums.

Leshma, at least one time think before you say something. I GIVE A FUCK ABOUT BALANCE. This game gives a pleasure of even fights sometimes. Sometimes even when it isn't fair it gives fun as well but I am really happy of what developers have done with this mod. Don't say that everybody is addicted and things like these. Please don't speak for all the players.

It was bound to be closed.

Saying you will put xmascrpg on christmas, stating it wouldn't have any admin or bug/problems fixed, eu/na where using the same server and after some weeks people where being asses polling eu or na people and a bunch of other things.

At least I knew it wasn't worth the try when it was clear it was going to be closed after christmas.

Imagine that one day they will release MB2 and new crpg will start, new wipe will come, or our cRPG will just get sooo old after a few years that people will play something else. Our cRPG is bound to be closed one day as well but we play it and we don't really worry about it.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 03:50:19 pm by BlueKnight »

Skyrim UI

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2012, 03:43:46 pm »
+1
Was much more fun when you did feel like a fucking slug in your plate armor, and said plate armor wasn't a bitch to maintain.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2012, 03:54:40 pm »
+1
Herpderp

I'm sure an intelligent chap like you can figure out a few reasons for low interest for a persistent, grinding game thats called xmas crpg that have nothing to do with the quality of the experience itself.

New cRPG is obviously by far superior in terms of balance, stability and features, but inferior in one aspect, the most important one. Fun. I dare to point fingers at the multiplier system and the upkeep. They add an enormous need to win. This changed the atmosphere of the mod to hardcore and unforgiving from lighthearted and lulzy. Which was what I loved about the old mod. Silly devs also renamed all the silly items and removed some not realistic ones.

I also preferred the old xp/gold system. Rounds consisted of two huge blobs crashing into eachother, which is ofcourse not perfect. Still I really prefer it over the lone charging that happens now. There was always some sort of teamplay going on. Huge shieldwalls, with awesome skirmishing phases because so many players had a ranged sidearm. I always loved open field maps, you had these epic clashes. Archers and cavalry always supported the infantry, cause thats where the xp was. Nowadays you just see cav spawnrushing or playing with the other cav in some corner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CneUatAHPAo&t=1m40s

The combat was also faster, still can't believe that nothing has been done about that. WPF has been reduced by half. Every weapon lost atleast 1 speed point, heirlooming gives you 2 less speed than before. The average archer can block me indefinitely, apart from a few nasty tricks.

If old cRPG would be tweaked, it could be so much better than the current cRPG. The old cRPG with a 2-3 month reset would be better than the current cRPG.

In any case, the multiplier has to go. It is a horrible mechanic.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2012, 04:04:58 pm »
teeth you belong to Byzantium. You really shouldn't whine at the teamwork :P, also how would you reward active good players who are the winning factors?

Skyrim UI

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2012, 04:12:56 pm »
+1
teeth you belong to Byzantium. You really shouldn't whine at the teamwork :P, also how would you reward active good players who are the winning factors?
By gaining more xp/gold, like with the old system. You accumulated a potential amount of xp/gold gain during the round, if you won you actually got it. If you lost you only got like a quarter. So there was definitely an urge to win aswell back then, but it was no way as bad as with our x5 mentality now. Maybe because everything you did kept improving your character, be it slow or fast, people were less xp hungry.

Maybe the community just changed for the worse, and maybe we have all played this game too much and are bitter old hags because of that. Yet I just can't believe that the change in mentality has nothing to do with our current game mechanics.

Offline Black Wind

• Whiner
  • Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 185
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PK
  • Game nicks: PK_IncrediblySkillful, The Right arm of the guy with 13 PC's that is PK
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2012, 04:14:08 pm »

Who are you anyway?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Here in PK, we're better than you! And we know it.